List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Ashcroft said that Port's number 37 pick was "never part of a deal" for Gorringe, which of course it was not once we ended up sending it to Essendon for Paddy, but I'm pretty sure the reason it was never part of a deal was because GWS GCS had already knocked back pick 37 earlier in the piece.

Perhaps they were hoping our bid for Paddy would fall through and we would give them pick 17, or 37 plus a player - pig's arse!

Last edited:
Wipe the tears and harden up princess. Your not the first player who couldn't get to another club in the trade period.

I'm sure all the other AFL clubs will be banging down your door with that shitty attitude!
Entitled much...
Talk about making things hard for yourself to ever get back to SA to play footy, He's given us a whack & it's certainly not an attitude Walsh will warm too over yonder lol

Don't forget Port were talking to him at the end of 2013 and he decided to re-sign with Gold Coast. Really can't blame us for signing a 2 year deal. Sometimes you just have to see out your contact.

Marcus Ashcroft said that Port's number 37 pick was "never part of a deal" for Gorringe, which of course it was not once we ended up sending it to Essendon for Paddy, but I'm pretty sure the reason it was never part of a deal was because GWS had already knocked back pick 37 earlier in the piece.

Perhaps they were hoping our bid for Paddy would fall through and we would give them pick 17, or 37 plus a player - pig's arse!
Initial refusal of 37 was probably because they knew how far overs we would be paying and assumed we would never trade with them again.

Daniel Gorringe reviewed Port Adelaide Football Club.
17 October ·
★☆☆☆☆
Shithouse, wasted 2 weeks of my October for you to "lose" the pick #37. How the * do you lose a draft pick? You have 5 other picks max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before you find the #37 pick. And don't shake your head at me when I ask for another Suns contract, bitch I'm surprised you even bothered finding me you time wasters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting it now - 12/12 down the track

6/10/15

Gold Coast player Daniel Gorringe must think its Ground hog day having nominated Port Adelaide once again as his preferred trade destination. In last years trade period Gorringe trade with the Power fell over after the club committed its first and second round picks for Paddy Ryder leaving its cupboard bare to deal anything of significance to the Suns.

The failure to secure a trade for Gorringe left the young ruckman angry and disappointed leading to a sensational postscript interview with the advertiser:

“They let me down,” Gorringe had told the Advertiser at the time.

“Port Adelaide did promise things to me — and I don’t like being lied to.

“I’m disgusted — and embarrassed — particularly when I fulfilled my end of the bargain, 100 per cent.”

Fast forward 12 months and the Sun's ruckman is talking a different tune.

"Yea at the time I was pretty disappointed. But looking back Im also pretty disappointed in myself and the comments I made after. I shouldn't have said what I said."

In a bizarre repeat of last years events Gorringes deal hinges on another star player, this time Giants Jeremy Cameron who has also nominated the 2015 premiers as his preferred trade destination.

Initial refusal of 37 was probably because they knew how far overs we would be paying and assumed we would never trade with them again.
Just like us with Jacobs GCS said at least once that they would not have used pick 37.
We needed something mid 20-ish and by the sounds of it we tried and must have got close to getting done.

At the end of the day pick 17 was always for Ryder and we don't have that many players that we can trade for a mid 20 pick. Lots shorter than that and quite a few for third rounders but not many for that would fit in that small bracket.

Fair enough Gorringe and his family not understanding or not realising that, but his manager should have.

Daniel Gorringe on the Niche Espresso and Bakehouse :
"wasted 1 hour of my Saturday for you to lose my order."

What kind of twat orders in a coffee house and then sits around for an hour before complaining when nothing turns up?

hqdefault.jpeg

Glad we didn't get him in the end and I'm sure with those comments that will be the end of his chances at PAFC. Hope so anyway. FFS he could have come here last year but chose to sign another contract with GC. And now he gets all pissed with us????
From his comments you can tell that he wouldn't fit in to the good character test that the leadership and coaching group seem to place a lot of importance on. And I know whose comments I believe about lies - I would believe KT's word over his every single time. Our club has integrity and I'm sure does not screw around with players as much as is possible. His comments show immaturity, petulance and a distinct lack of character, and we don't want people like that at our club. End rant.

Just like us with Jacobs GCS said at least once that they would not have used pick 37.
We needed something mid 20-ish and by the sounds of it we tried and must have got close to getting done.

At the end of the day pick 17 was always for Ryder and we don't have that many players that we can trade for a mid 20 pick. Lots shorter than that and quite a few for third rounders but not many for that would fit in that small bracket.

Fair enough Gorringe and his family not understanding or not realising that, but his manager should have.
Yeah, I know they wanted a pick in the 20's. I was more getting at that his apparent character deficiencies should lower his trade value...

Where are these comments people are talking about? We aren't talking about his twitter post I gather because there was zero in that so I'd like to see this other supposed comment.

Yeah, I know they wanted a pick in the 20's. I was more getting at that his apparent character deficiencies should lower his trade value...
I guess Ken would have been aware he was gonna be a challenge on the attitude side of things from his time at the suns, I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it now.

I guess Ken would have been aware he was gonna be a challenge on the attitude side of things from his time at the suns, I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it now.
Yeah, reckon you're right there.
Seems strange that a kid that would react like that would be fan of Kenny and his no bullshit approach.

I think that is a bit harsh. But impulsive perhaps but that is also something footy teams, and in this case GCS, should assist players with starting from the day they get drafted.

My opinion only but a couple of players coming out asking to be traded may have mucked up what could have been a fairly standard trade "week", cost us Gorringe and came close to stopping our Ryder trade.

Not Beams as the aluminium foil on my head tries to tell me that it was always going to happen, but listening to everything that has come out I get the feeling that the club was expecting to get two decent picks in the 20s with a player plus 37, one to be used for Ryder and the other for Gorringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back