Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The courses are probably so small that those 15 probably equal about what you would get in a normal main course anywhere else.

Yep, a lot of them will be small. Which gets back to it being ridiculously expensive. (I can't even fit in three courses so it still wouldn't work for me even if most of them are small).

Menu won't be identical to the one in Bray but some of these will either be on there or at 'Dinner by Heston Blumenthal' which opens after The Fat Duck closes.

- Hot and Iced Tea: It's tea thats hot and cold in the same glass. You drink from one side and its cold, drink from the other and its hot, drink from the middle and its both hot and cold.

- Egg and Bacon Icecream: Ice-cream is made in front of you using liquid nitrogen from a cracked egg (egg has been drained and filled with ice cream base), served with caramelised bacon and brioche that looks like bread

- Sound of the Sea: a seafood dish that's designed to look like the beach and is presented with an iPod that plays sea sounds while you eat.

- Meat Fruit: what looks like a mandarin for example, is actually chicken liver parfait

- Flaming Ice-cream: Ice-cream thats been set on fire but doesn't melt.

I also forgot to mention your also paying for the service and theatrics while you eat (the egg and bacon ice-cream), and a lot of his meals are designed to evoke certain memories by playing with all the senses (sound, smell, taste etc.) while also being incredibly innovative with different cooking techniques. I know its not going to appeal to everyone and its going to appear wanky to some people but it is what it is.
Sounds like almost as big a wank as this bloke:

pete-evans.jpg

EDIT: Why doesn't my picture show up any more?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've eaten at the Fat Duck in Bray, it's pretty good.

Likewise - it is a once in a lifetime experience - worth every penny.

If you're not a foody you won't get it.

It's like as a teetotaller I have NFI how some of you go out and blow $100+ on one night's worth of drinking - madness.

I have NFI how some of you go out and blow $100+ on one night's worth of drinking - madness.

Because it's that bloody expensive. A pint costs (in Perth anyway) around about $10 give or take a couple of dollars depending on the place.

Because it's that bloody expensive. A pint costs (in Perth anyway) around about $10 give or take a couple of dollars depending on the place.

In that case I don't see a need for anyone to spend more than $30 a night max.

The reporting on The Rolling Stones tour like it is the first time a band has ever visited Aus. I like their tunes but they're pretty average live tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back