Sayings or phrases that just really piss you off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people have a saying that you lucked in and others will say lucked out to mean the same thing.
I have no idea what's going on with that.

"I'd choose the bear". I get the point, but the reality of this whole argument is so absurd and funny because we all have to act like a bear wouldn't just kill you haha

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

First of all, the word is broken. Broke is when you have no money. Idiot.

The phrase conjures up images of people who don't get their car serviced, only for something to fail one day to their bemusement.

More generally, just a crutch for conservatives who don't realise things often need constant improving or maintenance.

Last edited:
'We're going to wrap our arms around him.'

More therapy speech bleeding into the real world and particularly adored by football clubs at the moment. Using eight words when three or four (we'll support him) would do.

Footy vernacular could be a whole sub-thread. They are so unimaginative and use the same old sayings, probably not knowing what half of them really mean.

(In/Out)side the inner sanctum
Ducks and drakes.
Get around him
Up and about
"I like the way goes about it"

And then of words who's incorrect use seems exclusive to the footy world, like mercurial (sometimes used correctly, but I often see things like "a mercurial goal"), and the ever present misuse of "laconic".

Footy vernacular could be a whole sub-thread. They are so unimaginative and use the same old sayings, probably not knowing what half of them really mean.

(In/Out)side the inner sanctum
Ducks and drakes.
Get around him
Up and about
"I like the way goes about it"

And then of words who's incorrect use seems exclusive to the footy world, like mercurial (sometimes used correctly, but I often see things like "a mercurial goal"), and the ever present misuse of "laconic".
"That's his 1 wood"

Which would mean a long kick you'd think, but no! They mean the players best skill. Makes no effing sense but they use it weekly, Richo especially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘100 percent’ is one of those affirmatives that seems to get way overused by its practitioners.

I mean if they mixed it up a bit and responded by opening with ‘78 percent’ or ‘97 percent’, it would be engaging and like a summary abstract heads-up of how they agree and differ. But no, it’s just a mindless yeah or hear, hear!

‘Five stars’ is like the dorkier variant

‘100 percent’ is one of those affirmatives that seems to get way overused by its practitioners.

I mean if they mixed it up a bit and responded by opening with ‘78 percent’ or ‘97 percent’, it would be engaging and like a summary abstract heads-up of how they agree and differ. But no, it’s just a mindless yeah or hear, hear!

‘Five stars’ is like the dorkier variant
oh no doubt
98%

Bloke in my office reckons a new customer is "chomping at the bit" to work with us. Our marketing manager corrected him as I tried not to laugh.
Well s**t. TIL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back