Life lessons you wish you'd picked up sooner

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
You know how they say things like "If I knew then, what I know now..." and "Youth is wasted on the young"?

What are some of those general life lessons that you've ultimately picked up, but that took way longer than they should have?

For me, one would be that when I had a particular opinion about current relationship or a potential future relationship that I wanted to pursue and my friends had a different opinion, they were invariably right and I was wrong and way too stubborn and I should have listened to them. The 'advice' may have come via Inbetweeners style banter/abuse, but they were right.

The other one is a bit obvious, but figure out who you are and be comfortable with that: don't try to be something you're not, or something your friends are. Might seem basic, but so many people struggle with that during their high school.and early adult years.

Go with your gut feel instead of your heart

Stay out of it and don't get involved when friends or family members have a problem with another.

No matter how bad you think your life is , there are millions of people that are worse off then you

Don't air your dirty laundry on social media

Loyalty in the real world does not exist

Don't be afraid to end a relationship if it isn't working. Better to start again than to be unhappy and holding onto a glimmer of hope of something that 99.9% of the time wont improve

At age 20, we worry about what other people think of us.

At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us.

At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.

tbf to myself, i knew the 3 of these by 25 and havent gaf since

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healthy body helps you have a healthy mind. Didn't get back into sports until I was about 25. I think a lot of mental health issues I had over the years could have been eased if I had a sporting outlet like I do now. While I take SSRIs and go to therapy (who doesn't these days), BJJ is what has helped me the most I think.

Healthy body helps you have a healthy mind. Didn't get back into sports until I was about 25. I think a lot of mental health issues I had over the years could have been eased if I had a sporting outlet like I do now. While I take SSRIs and go to therapy (who doesn't these days), BJJ is what has helped me the most I think.

BBBJs are pretty good for your mental health too!

I actually think I'd be good at managing people, i don't really want to do it though
I have done it at the past and I would say I am okayish at best

I do think everyone should have to work as a manager at some point in their career though, it would make most people much better employees to experience all the bullshit they put their bosses through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back