Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently melbourne put their players through a weeks worth of running ... in 2 1/2 hrs. New draftees only did half of it and still clocked up over 11kms.

They'd want to be careful, seems like something the AFLPA would crack down on.

Apparently melbourne put their players through a weeks worth of running ... in 2 1/2 hrs. New draftees only did half of it and still clocked up over 11kms.

Meh, they can run all they like, it doesn't improve basic football skill. I still remember one of the worst kicks ive seen when we played the godess last season. I cant remember who had it at full back but they went to kick to a bloke in the pocket and kicked it straight to Ben Brown. It was seriously yuck.

So they ran a half marathon in 2 1/2 hours? So what, Gibson does that every game :p

So they ran a half marathon?

GoDees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new draftees have already learnt how to tank...doesn't take long to ruin kids at the dees

Not that we were any chance to get him but another free agent for next year is off the list with Cotchin signing on for 5 more years.

Need to start talking to the free agents now to prevent them from re-signing, Dangerfield, Rance and Hawkins the 3 big names to target.
it would be funny if we pinched Porkins from the cattery.

The idea that we will get Dangerfield is fantasy.

Probably but I hope the club still explore it if he meets all their criteria. Pre-NDS it seemed we'd never land a bigger name, pre-Higgins you wouldn't think we'd land a younger FA. There's always a first time.**

**Apologies for stealing TT's favourite line after receiving an initital "you want me to do what?!

Probably but I hope the club still explore it if he meets all their criteria. Pre-NDS it seemed we'd never land a bigger name, pre-Higgins you wouldn't think we'd land a younger FA. There's always a first time.**

**Apologies for stealing TT's favourite line after receiving an initital "you want me to do what?!

Don't get me wrong I want us to explore it.

He would have to really really want to come to North.

He would likely have to knock back better financial offers to get here.

If he's holding out for cash then that to an extent rules us out.

Perhaps if we win the flag the lure of imminent success would be a draw card we could play.

Don't get me wrong I want us to explore it.

He would have to really really want to come to North.

He would likely have to knock back better financial offers to get here.

If he's holding out for cash then that to an extent rules us out.

Perhaps if we win the flag the lure of imminent success would be a draw card we could play.

That's all true but gotta be in to win it yada yada.

I still think we're doing something fundamentally wrong in our pitching (not in that sense- K4eva, TT, B Tron, Brett33 et al) process. We miss out on a lot of players we court.

Now this year, I thank my lucky stars we landed none of the tripe we flirted with. But in the future it might cost us a Luke Parker or Rory Sloane.

While our draftees are already on advanced "Frank the Tank" lessons.

Kulcha!
Nah Toes, LMac got over that once he was drafted.

frank-the-tank-o.gif

That's all true but gotta be in to win it yada yada.

I still think we're doing something fundamentally wrong in our pitching (not in that sense- K4eva, TT, B Tron, Brett33 et al) process. We miss out on a lot of players we court.

Now this year, I thank my lucky stars we landed none of the tripe we flirted with. But in the future it might cost us a Luke Parker or Rory Sloane.
Not sure if I agree with that. In the last few years who have we missed out on that it's well known we approached? I can only think of Caddy and Cooney. Boak doesn't really count as he rejected all offers and decided to stay at his own club. Yet in that time NDS chose us over *, Ben Jacobs made it publicly known he wanted to end up here even though there were other clubs interested and we've recently acquired Higgins and Waite. More players have joined us than what have turned us down.

Not sure if I agree with that. In the last few years who have we missed out on that it's well known we approached? I can only think of Caddy and Cooney. Boak doesn't really count as he rejected all offers and decided to stay at his own club. Yet in that time NDS chose us over *, Ben Jacobs made it publicly known he wanted to end up here even though there were other clubs interested and we've recently acquired Higgins and Waite. More players have joined us than what have turned us down.

Caddy
Cooney
Gunstan
Varcoe
Lumumba
O'Rourke
Hickey
Betts
Docherty
Karnezis
Bruce

Status