Injury Crouch comeback stalled

Remove this Banner Ad

The crouch goal in the home showdown last year was a favourite of mine, the roar of the crowd live was amazing. Feels like such a distant memory now :(

The crouch goal in the home showdown last year was a favourite of mine, the roar of the crowd live was amazing. Feels like such a distant memory now :(
As soon as he kicked that goal I knew there was no way in hell we'd lose that game. That doesn't happen often at all, but I didn't have a single doubt.

I trust you're qualified in this field.

So broken leg, Achilles and stress fracture all related?

No, googled it sorry but I thought I had posted the link.

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/stress_fracture.html

The link to the specific article on bone stress doesnt seem to want to work though.

Takes you to the site, then go to sports medicine.

It gives a lot of info on stress fractures and stress reactions. It doesnt indicate anything about hus other issues as such.

Last edited:
No, googled it sorry but I thought I had posted the link.

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/stress_fracture.html

The link to the specific article on bone stress doesnt seem to want to work though.

Takes you to the site, then go to sports medicine.

It gives a lot of info on stress fractures and stress reactions. It doesnt indicate anything about hus other issues as such.

It's a bit hard to say he might be "prone to it" when it's been the one injury and there is no link with his other injuries.

This is a football disaster really. The problem I see is that he had a broken leg before coming to us, another one last year and now this.

I can't speak of the first, but the other 2 were not your Gary Rohan, Nathan Brown -close your eyes and look away now type incidents.

These were just nothing type incidents - I'm no medico but it seems to speak of some kind pre disposition in his genetic make up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did this injury originally happen? Was it a stress fracture or was there a specific incident that caused it?
It was a specific incident. Little bit of a tangle put him off balance and he stepped funny. Very simple, would happen all the time.

Rest him up and get him ready for 16. Hed be spewin, such a shame. Worried we might not see his full potential.

This is a football disaster really. The problem I see is that he had a broken leg before coming to us, another one last year and now this.

I can't speak of the first, but the other 2 were not your Gary Rohan, Nathan Brown -close your eyes and look away now type incidents.

These were just nothing type incidents - I'm no medico but it seems to speak of some kind pre disposition in his genetic make up.

The broken leg was a pretty typical footy impact injury from memory. No idea about the first broken leg. I would've thought if he had bone density issues he would've had a lot more broken bones (especially considering he and Matt sound like they went at it pretty hard in the back yard!).

The foot injury seems like a major concern. Doc Larkins' comments about the type of injury (i.e. not Crouch's specific circumstances) highlight how important it is to get it healed properly:

Crouch fractured the fifth metatarsal in his foot in this year's NAB Challenge and Larkins said if that fracture had not completely healed the Crow would not play again this year.

"As far as the foot goes, a fifth metatarsal or Jones fracture is the worst fracture behind the navicular," he said.

"Brad had a screw put in to hold the bone together. He's been back playing at SANFL level but has developed soreness in the same area.

"This is a bad sign because it usually means that the fracture hasn't completely healed up and they're notorious for not healing.

"If the fracture has opened up, he'll miss the rest of the year."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-29/doc-larkins-injury-update-round-12

Ice him this season, find the best foot injury expert in the world and send him there. We need him on the park.

Jones fractures are nasty business and have ended the careers of basketball and football (American) players. All (relative term I know) they use their feet for is to run, jump, etc...and obviously he needs to do more than that with his foot.

He may never be right.

Did anyone else hear that he needed an pain killing injection for the foot before playing?

Surely that screams bells for this type of foot injury? Too often foot injuries take longer than expected to heal when looking at AFL, NBA, etc.

Anywho, hope he has a ripper pre-season next year and we tear the competition a new one with him.

Jones fractures are nasty business and have ended the careers of basketball and football (American) players. All (relative term I know) they use their feet for is to run, jump, etc...and obviously he needs to do more than that with his foot.

He may never be right.
Dont, you'll make me cry.

Lol sounds worse and worse the more we hear about having him run out to play on the weekend. Seems like a big stuff up on our behalf, very frustrating to see given how quick they've been to wrap Lever up in cotton wool this year, nfi why the same doesn't apply to Brad Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back