Injury Crouch comeback stalled

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like a big stuff up on our behalf, very frustrating to see given how quick they've been to wrap Lever up in cotton wool this year, nfi why the same doesn't apply to Brad Crouch.

I think it's reasonable to be more cautious with a skinny 1st year kid coming off an ACL, than someone whos had 3? AFL preseasons now. Not sure anyone wanted him wrapped up for the year after the last lot of scans came back clear?

The cynic in me is asking this question. What happens in 2017 when he becomes a RFA? I looked up his draft year and he was taken in 2011. Yes I know he couldn't play because of age BUT the leeches at AFL house will insist that counts as a year.
My point is this: so far we have had 25 games from him with no guarantee he will fully recover yet if he does, we get 2 quality years out of him. Bang FA rears its head and do we have to sit through another Danger scenario?

The cynic in me is asking this question. What happens in 2017 when he becomes a RFA? I looked up his draft year and he was taken in 2011. Yes I know he couldn't play because of age BUT the leeches at AFL house will insist that counts as a year.
My point is this: so far we have had 25 games from him with no guarantee he will fully recover yet if he does, we get 2 quality years out of him. Bang FA rears its head and do we have to sit through another Danger scenario?
He'll be like every other RFA in every team. There's no special pull home factor here - country Vic lad, not Melbourne or Geelong, and zero reason right now to think he would want to leave.

As I've said many times. He gives off no intent that he will become a flight risk.

No pull back to the city of Melbourne, he was from ballarat. He doesn't have a Victorian born girl friend, his brother is in the team and club and his best mate is the captain of the club.

He will stick around his entire career if all things stay even and the club look after him.

He's so injury ridden :cry::cry::cry:, I doubt anyone will take a chance on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please get fully fit and give us a full season Brad as said it before he could become our best player as real talent and creates opportunities and run not turnover king like most others.

So what does everyone think? If we make finals can Brad return before then? Fk, he's just too good to be sitting out of the side, if we manage to finish 8th & have a full strength team with Brad, it would be an interesting game. Brad's due to come back in 5-7? So I'm assuming he will start training in a few weeks hopefully. So by Round 20-21 he will be in training, boy I hope we get this guy back if we make finals, play him as a Sub even, he's just too good.

Nope.

Get him right for next season if at all possible. We can't afford to go in with a bloke as badly underdone as he will be.

If we make finals, I think we need to take the risk and play him, that's if he's had a good solid few weeks of training.
Play him as Sub, he's just too damn good to be playing SANFL getting match fitness, let him come on for a quarter and take the risk.

*, I mean we've had somebody like VB and Wright running around all year doing next to nothing each game, I'm confidend an underdone Brad is better, albeit he gets the go ahead from our medical staff.

How far away is he from resuming?

Would hate us to write off the season for him. Gives him nothing to aim for, nothing to drive his rehab. Needs to feel part of the club, even if he only gets back to SANFL level this season.

Hopefully the fine girls of Adelaide are doing their bit to keep up his aerobic base while he's off the road

I just hope we give him an extra few weeks off when it should be fully healed, don't want to make the same mistake again and bring him back too soon.

Yes this guy is future of our club just get him right and bl---y hell just let his brother play football as what a disgrace he is dropped this week and just hope we can keep these two as they are players that can get us further. Hope campo and friends did not drop Matt because of lack of run or kicking as our star player is one of many that turn ball over a lot more and in more games.

I'd be waiting until 2019, when he's done his 8th year - since those are the rules at the moment, and the AFL are hesitant to take the 6 year path the AFLPA wants.

So what's the go here? Couple of hints dropped on here that there was an issue with him last week? Went home to Melbourne for a while
Other then seeing it being mentioned he's gone to Melbourne I haven't seen any other hints?

Perhaps they've told him he's done for the season and allowing him a bit of time away from the club to refresh himself and hopefully have him back at 100% for the first day of training whenever that might be.

So what does everyone think? If we make finals can Brad return before then? Fk, he's just too good to be sitting out of the side, if we manage to finish 8th & have a full strength team with Brad, it would be an interesting game. Brad's due to come back in 5-7? So I'm assuming he will start training in a few weeks hopefully. So by Round 20-21 he will be in training, boy I hope we get this guy back if we make finals, play him as a Sub even, he's just too good.

Problem is, you can't think that way with your sub. He has to be able to run out the full game - what if you get an injury in the first 10 minutes and have to sub him in then? If you're not fit enough for a full game then you're not fit enough for any of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back