Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll be waiting a long time because if that happens Henderson will be going to a club whose supporters won't give him the time of day! You'll get 28-30 or a swap.
It's a sellers market for KPDs (especially those that can go forward).
Henderson is worth more than a mid-second round pick.

It's not stretching to say that Menzel is as efficient as Lynch when influencing the scoreboard, (your chosen measure), from very limited opportunity, is 4 years younger and frankly has a much higher ceiling.

Each to their own. You would be well advised to change your tone though, makes you come across as an overly aggressive and posturing git; and I'm sure that's not your intention.
Its quite interesting, as your initial posts putting down Lynch, makes it look like you don't watch him play, because your opinion of him is incorrect. Its not like this is his first good year. He has kicked 10 goals in a game for instance.
To say Menzel has a higher ceiling is blind faith. I prefer to look at actual results, and as it stands now, Menzel is playing in the VFL and Lynch is having a great year in the AFL.

Its quite interesting, as your initial posts putting down Lynch, makes it look like you don't watch him play, because your opinion of him is incorrect. Its not like this is his first good year. He has kicked 10 goals in a game for instance.
To say Menzel has a higher ceiling is blind faith. I prefer to look at actual results, and as it stands now, Menzel is playing in the VFL and Lynch is having a great year in the AFL.

It's fair to say I haven't seen much of him, in fact maybe twice in the flesh and a few times on TV.
My feeling is they are worth about the same on the market, and using the accepted trade currency, I'd say Lynch is a mid 2nd rounder and Menzel a mid to late 2nd Rnd pick.

Gee, i knew Carlton people overrated their list, but not to the point of complete blindness? With the rise of young Kolodjashnij in the past two months, Henderson is not looking the priority he once was. Some other club can pitch a first round pick, not the Cats!

We will get a first rounder for hendo from whoever wants

Lol this is hilarious.

I look forward to pick 9 or 10 from your mob... good times ahead
Irrelevant. Stanley was a very good pick up and Christensen looks spent, sounds to me like a good deal? NO player at Carlton on the move has proved he is a 1st round selection on performance, it would be totally insane to give up pick 9 or 10 for Henderson who is going to his 3rd club! Geelong are after a number of players and may still need that early pick for a bigger fish! I repeat...NO current Carlton player is worth a 1st round pick except Gibbs and Murphy and they are not up for grabs. If some desperate team wants to give Carlton their first pick for Henderson then 'golly gee' Brendon Bolton will be a happy man, it won't be Geelong!
I ask again. You don't think Cripps is worth a first rounder?
I ask again. Kruez has been offered a huge contract by bullies which would give us pick 3. Is that not a 1st rounder?
I ask again. Aren't Richmond in to yarran big time? As he is contracted they must give us a first rounder..or so the papers/experts say.
If Geelong give up 20 for Stanley they'll give up 10 for hendo?
Oh yeah, I ask again. Want relevance to his trade value is it that hendo will be at his third club?
I know you avoided answering this last time because it's never nice to be embarrassed like you have been. But please, give it a go. It's always entertaining listening to people dig holes for themselves..

I ask again. Kruez has been offered a huge contract by bullies which would give us pick 3. Is that not a 1st rounder?
I ask again. Aren't Richmond in to yarran big time? As he is contracted they must give us a first rounder..or so the papers/experts say.
Oh yeah, I ask again. Want relevance to his trade value is it that hendo will be at his third club?
I know you avoided answering this last time because it's never nice to be embarrassed like you have been. But please, give it a go. It's always entertaining listening to people dig holes for themselves..
According to this analysis Carlton should be Premiership favourites...completely over rated list and over rated value...NO Carlton player is worth a first round pick, my opinion cannot be made more clear. They have a list of duds and they are trying to get over the market value for them, you might strike it lucky with Yarran, but don't hold your breath. Blokes going to their 3rd club are not exactly high on the reliability ladder are they? If the bullies want Kruezer they need their head read....

According to this analysis Carlton should be Premiership favourites...completely over rated list and over rated value...NO Carlton player is worth a first round pick, my opinion cannot be made more clear. They have a list of duds and they are trying to get over the market value for them, you might it strike it lucky with Yarran, but don't hold your breath. Blokes going to their 3rd club are not exactly high on the reliability ladder are they? If the bullies want Kruezer they need their head read....

OK we get it:

You're not keen on stumping up a 1st rounder.
Watch someone do it though, same with Yarran.

According to this analysis Carlton should be Premiership favourites...

:confused:

Cripps is undeniably worth a first rounder.

The rest of his analysis was basically "Carlton is s**t but due to circumstances we could get overs".

Are you that thick? How on earth is "Yarran is contracted, we might get a late first rounder" and "Kreuzer might get overs because the Dogs don't have a ruckman" = premiership favourites.

Someone needs their head read.

Lol how do you think we get Dangerfield if we give 10 for hendo? Your own club has just said you would of dropped him this week. Now I would consider 10 for Menzel but personally I wouldn't offer a top 30 pick for hendo. The club will probably try and get a pick around 20ish to give.

Lol how do you think we get Dangerfield if we give 10 for hendo? Your own club has just said you would of dropped him this week. Now I would consider 10 for Menzel but personally I wouldn't offer a top 30 pick for hendo. The club will probably try and get a pick around 20ish to give.

who cares you're not the only club in for Hendo this much is guaranteed....eddie mcchiins is said to be a fan and wants to do something about his defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to this analysis Carlton should be Premiership favourites...completely over rated list and over rated value...NO Carlton player is worth a first round pick, my opinion cannot be made more clear. They have a list of duds and they are trying to get over the market value for them, you might strike it lucky with Yarran, but don't hold your breath. Blokes going to their 3rd club are not exactly high on the reliability ladder are they? If the bullies want Kruezer they need their head read....
Yes the team is very much a dud team, however that does not mean individuals are not very very good footballers in a shocking team. I've used the Betts example before, in the blues team he was a good footballer, put him in a better team with a key forward he can crumb off....he becomes close to an AA small forward. Cut the crap around the player and assess his value alone and what value he would provide to your team.

Hendo is a ready made KPD who can swing forward. Id say taylor and hendo swinging back and forth would be a deadly combination for your club.

:confused:

Cripps is undeniably worth a first rounder.

The rest of his analysis was basically "Carlton is s**t but due to circumstances we could get overs".

Are you that thick? How on earth is "Yarran is contracted, we might get a late first rounder" and "Kreuzer might get overs because the Dogs don't have a ruckman" = premiership favourites.

Someone needs their head read.
The only people "thick" are Carlton supporters and those who run their club...Carlton fans are praying for the trade period to save them, it won't. Why is Kreuzer going? Why is Yarran going? Why did Henderson walk? There is no one player at Carlton who leaps out as any sort of saviour at the Dogs, Cats or Tigers...they're all 2nd rounders...

The only people "thick" are Carlton supporters and those who run their club...Carlton fans are praying for the trade period to save them, it won't. Why is Kreuzer going? Why is Yarran going? Why did Henderson walk? There is no one player at Carlton who leaps out as any sort of saviour at the Dogs, Cats or Tigers...they're all 2nd rounders...

I wonder if you'll feel this way after the cats pony up pick 11 for Hendo in October.

You are the one analysing the posts and saying Carlton should be premiership favourites based on people rating our top six players. Carlton's problem over the last 20 years is that we have a few very very good players but we have a large amount of average players. That is why we have been so poor. This is the case again this year. We have finally recognised this, have sought an up and coming coach and are genuinely rebuilding. All the players I have mentioned who are worth first rounders are worth something to the teams chasing them, so they will pay overs; that's the trade game. My point is that your statement is extremely naive. You have painted yourself in to a corner and are too stubborn to concede. I have to laugh that you have avoided talking about Cripps when asked if he was a worth a first rounder!!

So to clear things up: you have said Carlton only have two players worth first round picks - Murphy and Gibbs.
Because it was such an absurd statement, I have put up other players who I believe are worth first round picks and asked for your opinion. This is what we do in debates! You haven't answered the last two times, so lets see if you can show some substance and answer direct questions.

Cripps - Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Kruezer (after Bullies have offered a four year deal that would give us pick 3 - A FIRST ROUNDER). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Yarran (Richmond not denying they would offer a first rounder) - Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Menzel (as this is a Menzel thread I will put him in. I would first say that I hope he is not on the trade table. He is a young gun who needs to build his tank and find more of the ball. In saying that, it's my opinion that if he is up for trade he would be a late first rounder). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?

I will leave Hendo out of it as you plainly don't rate him. But I will get a laugh when Geelong give up their first pick for him.

Add Murphy and Gibbs and we have SEVEN players worth first round picks. In a team that is very average and deserves to be on the bottom of the ladder that's not bad going when you are rebuilding (although it doesn't leave us much!). I look forward to your laughable response.

Egg - Face

The word is that the cats are in to Hendo in a big way and are prepared to offer up the first pick. Things might change if they do land Danger, but that's the word. If Geelong can't do it another club will. 25 year old KPP who can play both ends are invaluable; particularly with no Rivers and Lonergan & Harry nearing the end.
Re Menzel. He really has a long way to go. Having watched him closely over the last couple of years, he doesn't have a tank and doesn't get near enough of the ball. Hopefully he stays and Bolton can develop him.

The word is that the cats are in to Hendo in a big way and are prepared to offer up the first pick. Things might change if they do land Danger, but that's the word. If Geelong can't do it another club will. 25 year old KPP who can play both ends are invaluable; particularly with no Rivers and Lonergan & Harry nearing the end.
Re Menzel. He really has a long way to go. Having watched him closely over the last couple of years, he doesn't have a tank and doesn't get near enough of the ball. Hopefully he stays and Bolton can develop him.
The talk is we will split our first pick into two later ones and try a get a pick around 16 to 22 to give up for hendo. But this was before Hendersons form deteriorated in the second half of the year. Menzel looks a bit like Wingard mark 2. Another player with no tank, but doesn't mean he ain't valuable. I would go pick ten.

Murphy and Gibbs both short people squib outside downhill skiers that need some big boys to help them out
Both have talent but have too many deficiencies.. Should look to offload them both

The talk is we will split our first pick into two later ones and try a get a pick around 16 to 22 to give up for hendo. But this was before Hendersons form deteriorated in the second half of the year. Menzel looks a bit like Wingard mark 2. Another player with no tank, but doesn't mean he ain't valuable. I would go pick ten.

that's overs for Troy right now.

is only 20 but has huge upside.

Murphy and Gibbs both short people squib outside downhill skiers that need some big boys to help them out
Both have talent but have too many deficiencies.. Should look to offload them both

Not accurate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back