Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Anderson predicts a WC giving us a lesson, and game over early.

I never thought much of Jon Anderson as a Journo, and he barricks for the handbaggers, so it's a natural distain for our club.

To be honest I cant see a team playing with 3 players that have GF experience blowing away a team with our GF experience early (especially when weve led 3 of 4 GF's during the Clarkson reign at quarter rime)

There are plenty of ways West Coast can and will defeat us (they are chronically under valued) but a fast start probably isnt one of them

...or perhaps thats just me?

Lifted from the squiggle thread...

Squiggle: Hawks by 15

ASAP Index: Hawks by 11

MatterOfStats: Hawks by 9.5 (using all-predictor average)

FootyForecaster: Hawks by 8

FootyMaths: Hawks by 7

Massey: Hawks by 2

Make of that you will...
What I make of that is we will win by 52.5. Am I doing it right? :D;)

I would make Suckling the sub.
He has been the sub in the past and can come on when the other players are a bit fatigued and the physicality has dropped.
He adds speed and class when we need it to ice the game in the last quarter.

My body is now ready, lucky for us Hawks supporters this week is just the norm and going through the normal work week.. UNTIL NOW!!!

I'am ready, confident and it just feels right, I might need a pen and paper to write down my thoughts throughout the day so I can share with my kids one day. I'am usually well tanked by half time.

Fire up boys, it's time join the history books.

Just read that we're 12-5 for games where all of Hill, Smith, Hartung have played, so hardly a ringing endorsement for the extra runner. I'm pretty happy with the selection.

I still can't see any other option but Gunston as sub, however unlikely that appears on the face of it.

Making Duryea sub would be to utterly dismiss form and also forego how his inclusion allows Suckling to play further forward which is a win-win.

Essentially Gunston as sub is going in unchanged but with a much greater weapon to throw on when hopefully Hale has completely spent himself smashing into Nik Nat at every opportunity.

To be honest I cant see a team playing with 3 players that have GF experience blowing away a team with our GF experience early (especially when weve led 3 of 4 GF's during the Clarkson reign at quarter rime)

There are plenty of ways West Coast can and will defeat us (they are chronically under valued) but a fast start probably isnt one of them

Jon Anderson is tainted. He most recently did an article early in the year stating that the cats dynasty was greater than Hawthorns.....he has no leg to stand on if Hawthorn brings home the bacon. He is desperate for Hawthorn to fail.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weagles remind me of us in 2008...
Too young and inexperienced against the reigning champs...
They are hungry and are a good team so I wouldn't think they be too worried about their inexperience

Weagles remind me of us in 2008...
Too young and inexperienced against the reigning champs...
They are hungry and are a good team so I wouldn't think they be too worried about their inexperience

Agree

That said the Cats led us at QT and HT

I doubt they will blow us away early, can definately see them tsking ascendency in the second half though

Just read that we're 12-5 for games where all of Hill, Smith, Hartung have played, so hardly a ringing endorsement for the extra runner. I'm pretty happy with the selection.

I still can't see any other option but Gunston as sub, however unlikely that appears on the face of it.

Making Duryea sub would be to utterly dismiss form and also forego how his inclusion allows Suckling to play further forward which is a win-win.

Essentially Gunston as sub is going in unchanged but with a much greater weapon to throw on when hopefully Hale has completely spent himself smashing into Nik Nat at every opportunity.
Not sure if I agree about Gunstall as the sub. He is our leading goal scorer.

But, let's not forget that win, lose or draw, this is most likely Hale-storms last game. The man has a heart the size of phar lap and won't die wondering.

The thing that gives me the most confidence is that it isn't a single player that will win it for us, it's the team that will.

Across every line you can compare player for player and we can look like we can be beaten, but it's about what we do as a team that makes us so great.

Last edited:
Just had a good look at the Eagles side. I hope we control the footy by foot and via our uncontested marking game because they have run on every line, including the bench. They could cut us up with run again. Getting nervous now but it has taken all week.:D

That might be true of the team named 90 mins before the match but it is not true of the team named Thursday night.
That's what I said in my original post, but I also made point of asking how many times Clarko has changed the interchange bench to change the sub?

The sub person would be known to him and it will be one of the four on the bench. Even if there's a late out, it will be Hartung who's the sub. Why do you think Gunston is on the interchange?

I was filthy on everyone tipping against us last year, but everyone tipping us is very unsettling

I think there has been and will continue to be a swing towards the Eagles.
The number of people tipping against us on SEN makes me smile.
I think it's going to be close and could just as easily lose as win but I would be surprised if we get blown off the park like quite a few are predicting (hoping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back