Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird] pt 2

From Part 1: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...and-craig-bird.1094593/page-658#post-41819891

Translation for those who don't understand stupid:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! ESSINGTON DIDN'T GET SCREWED OVER! EVEN THOUGH WE GOT THE DEAL WE WANTED!"

Sorry, how did you arrive at that ridiculous comment.
I'll admit i was hoping Essendon would get screwed over, 2nd rounder for Carlisle would have been nice. But the Hawks put that hope to rest long ago.

My comment is , that the Saints were seen as being the sticking point of the trade. However , 5 for Carlisle and a second rounder ( which you had 2 of ) would clearly have got the deal done. No-one would have considered this to be Essendon getting screwed except a few delusional supporters ( ok maybe there are more than a few ). Therefore it was Dodoro being hard to deal with, ...... again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really delusional though when we can pull it off now, is it? :D

989a656966e2d89f9f117dc0e615eb51.jpg

Sorry , i was not clear. I meant "delusional" as a general description of Bombers supporters not necessarily related to this trade.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Oh? So StKilda just jumped from "pick 5 not on the table " "to pick 5 with nothing back"?
Just because you were spouting garbage at the time doesn't mean that's what was happening.

Your club was taking a hard nosed line & grossly undervaluing Jakey because they thought EFC had no options with the trade. Their initial offers were insulting & unprofessional & the whole football world knows it. But then lo & behold, those pesky premiers swooped in with a GENUINE offer & this club that is apparently so awkward to deal with, agreed on a deal.

You can dress your club's trade period behaviour up however you want, the rest of us will continue to see the cheap suited cigarette stinking tooth gapped smile secondhand car salesman that was paraded before us...

Your club was taking a hard nosed line & grossly undervaluing Jakey because they thought EFC had no options with the trade. Their initial offers were insulting & unprofessional & the whole football world knows it. But then lo & behold, those pesky premiers swooped in with a GENUINE offer & this club that is apparently so awkward to deal with, agreed on a deal.

You can dress your club's trade period behaviour up however you want, the rest of us will continue to see the cheap suited cigarette stinking tooth gapped smile secondhand car salesman that was paraded before us...

Only Essendon people see this. If you think others do, its merely the delusion kicking in.

Ahhhh all the * tropheys, and you've kept the tarnish off them nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing the imaginative new ways that Essendon tries to use that money to win at any cost. That is one ugly shed in a paddock by the way.

Hahaha, yes, alllll the trophies.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Do you realise how contradictory you're being here?

If he's so "unprofessional" and so-on, it significantly reduces his trade value, just as Bennell's issues did him, yet you think that we were the ones offering "unders", but you guys somehow weren't demanding "overs", which is just as bad?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
You realise it was Dodoro who had to get on the phone and get Sydney involved. Basically doing Bains job for him. Dodoro was shocked by this amateur approach.

Also so much for your claim about Essendon being against 3rd party deals.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Only Essendon people see this. If you think others do, its merely the delusion kicking in.
You keep saying that, but it ain't true. Most see you guys for what you were. Delusional underers. This is despite the lack of good will towards Essendon following the recent controversy.

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Ahhhh all the * tropheys, and you've kept the tarnish off them nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing the imaginative new ways that Essendon tries to use that money to win at any cost. That is one ugly shed in a paddock by the way.
I like to look back at the Winmar and Long stories. When your player stood up the feral scum at Victoria Park your club was silent. When our player decided to take a stand against the feral scum playing for Collingwood our club backed him to the hilt and as a result have had a lasting global impact. Yes global because anti discrimination rules in Australian sport has travelled with cricket around the world.

What Essendon continues to do for the indigenous communities in the Tiwi Islands and Wadeye is something that brings me great pride. Not to mention trying to use Footy to help many new Australians get a foothold on the local culture through Globall.

Women on the board, yep Essendon first again.

Business operations manager so that club will make a profit even if it gets the spoon, yep Bombers first at that too.

Sure Peter Jackson was as tight as a nuns hat and let Collingwood take over that mantle and some serious mismanagement in Footy department has seen as go away from the club best at developing its own into a powerhouse, with Hawthorn taking that mantle, but Essendon still remains the greatest club in this league by a long shot over the long run.

Our massive supporter base continues to raise the revenue for the league that nourishes your club. That will grow into the future as we eventually get back up to where we belong.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Yeah, bloody Bains the amateur has only managed to recruit the likes of Bruce and Longer recently, while old pros like Dodoro have recruited guns like Cooney.
Goddard goes OK. Laverde and Langford pretty good picks for the late teens, Zerrett in the 20s ... can keep going but I'm board.

Anyway you missed the point. I was talking about getting the trade done, not which players were picked up.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Goddard goes OK. Laverde and Langford pretty good picks for the late teens, Zerrett in the 20s ... can keep going but I'm board.

Anyway you missed the point. I was talking about getting the trade done, not which players were picked up.
My point was that Bains has runs on the board of getting mutually beneficial trades done recently.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
My point was that Bains has runs on the board of getting mutually beneficial trades done recently.
In this case his plan was to offer unders and just sit on his hands hoping Essendon would crack. Not professional really. Also even when Hawthorn made their bid he still did bugger all and left it up to Dodoro.

How did you get Longer? The McEvoy pick? Bruce was an almost unheard of backman at GWS. That's nothing special. He's turned out amazingly for you guys though.

Back