Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup winner's story is old school and adds to the lore of the race, rather than changing the character of it as the internationals have done. And the lion's share of the prizemoney doesn't leave the country. Plenty of connections will be scratching their heads, wondering why they couldn't beat the winner. They'll be back.

Dettori can ****ing well stay home next year. Lucky he didn't kill someone. campaigner.
Yep. I lost a packet on the race, butMichelle getting up and telling the establishment to stick it up their arse was great. A memorable cup

Cup winner's story is old school and adds to the lore of the race, rather than changing the character of it as the internationals have done. And the lion's share of the prizemoney doesn't leave the country. Plenty of connections will be scratching their heads, wondering why they couldn't beat the winner. They'll be back.

Dettori can ****ing well stay home next year. Lucky he didn't kill someone. campaigner.
Putting the punt aside its a great story. Darren Weir old school Aussie from.central casting and then story with Michelle Payne and rich family ballarat horse history. This line up beating sheiks and European landed money.

What happened with trip to paris today?? where did that turn of foot from the caulfield cup go?

Looked all over the winner but didn't let down quite as well - who knows why - could be a number of reasons. Still flogged that Japanese pretender.

Gave a great sight.

Looked all over the winner but didn't let down quite as well - who knows why - could be a number of reasons. Still flogged that Japanese pretender.

Gave a great sight.

On that note - huge :thumbsu: to Tommy Berry from a peach of a ride. Had small doubts about him as a rider of stayers but gave it a great effort today. You can't carry them over the line.

$1500

I regret everything.

Did 6k Cox Plate day s**t happens, I will get the Mrs to change my password after Stakes and take a break until the Magic Millions.

Had $500+ all ups going into the below and had about $1500 going into Fame Game.

I backed Zarzali, De little Engine and Don't Doubt Mamma only finished $300 up for the day

Never really experienced a day like it 4 seconds up down but could never get a decent run on, the day could have been huge, but i guess that's punting unfortunately.

Lost plenty of track and to make things worse my horse who is with McEvoy in Adealide was Favorite and didn't fire a shot, if anyone followed McEvoy today he had a cracker of a day.

Viceroy
Good Project
Fame Game
Tall Ship
Gregers
Wawail

Strangest day i can ever remember on the punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day started out great $20 winner in the first

Run into Shane Templeton fair bit, saw him this morning I asked him who he liked in the Cup? Nothing he tells me. Teĺls me to back Dont doubt mamma in the 6th, says it's the best bet of the day, I don't listen :confused:

Take all my trifectas around either Our Ivanhowe or Max Dynamite winning or placing. One of the 6 Tris i have is field first max dynamite our Ivanhowe 2nd Criterion one of my horses for 3rd got it for 11.70%

Next at Ascot well worth a look lads.

Few of these targetting the features in a few weeks, and despite the small field, a really interesting race.

Pike jumping on Watermans Bay is certainly ominous. Some of you may remember it winning at Caulfield earlier this year. Goes well fresh, plenty of speed in this and probably sits just off them. I'm going to take two ahead of it, and the other equal favourite down the bottom.

I do like a bit of a roughie in this one though, being Rock Magic. Railway is the target apparently, and hasn't raced since it's last disappointing showing, so the distance is a bit of a concern, however as previously mentioned - these love to motor along and if it all goes well from the wide gate, might have the last crack?

And the other one I'm going to put in is the ever consistent Cool Trade, doesn't win out of turn but draws the gun gate tonight and maybe tonights the night. Sting out of the ground is a plus.

150k on the line, could be a decent form reference going forward, for those who love the Perth carnival as much as I do.

Next at Ascot well worth a look lads.

Few of these targetting the features in a few weeks, and despite the small field, a really interesting race.

Pike jumping on Watermans Bay is certainly ominous. Some of you may remember it winning at Caulfield earlier this year. Goes well fresh, plenty of speed in this and probably sits just off them. I'm going to take two ahead of it, and the other equal favourite down the bottom.

I do like a bit of a roughie in this one though, being Rock Magic. Railway is the target apparently, and hasn't raced since it's last disappointing showing, so the distance is a bit of a concern, however as previously mentioned - these love to motor along and if it all goes well from the wide gate, might have the last crack?

And the other one I'm going to put in is the ever consistent Cool Trade, doesn't win out of turn but draws the gun gate tonight and maybe tonights the night. Sting out of the ground is a plus.

150k on the line, could be a decent form reference going forward, for those who love the Perth carnival as much as I do.

I have the previous winner into Watermans, last bet for the day.

I'll back SHEILDEL for the win here. Carbery back on to replace Emma Stent from it's frist up defeat last start should make all the difference here.

Good luck!

Most proven horse in the field and the best jockey.

Hard for me to go past it, for sure.

The day i am having it might not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back