February Daily Punt - Summer rubbish almost over

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to make the final day EXTREMELY weak unless they are planning on building up the LVS to be a borderline Cox Plate (just two weeks later - lel :rolleyes:)

What FL suggests points to the fact that may be the case.
May as well move the sprint to Derby Day as well and * Emirates Day right off. As you say it becomes a weak day that they have built up pretty well in the last decade as an alternative for racegoers who don't want to be shoulder to shoulder.

In fairness to Maher that is Petit Filous level at this point in time.

Still can't believe the odds they put up about her in the Moir.

Not sure but prize money goes up to $2m and also makes Emirates horses able to back up to the MacKinnon. while Cox plate horses could also go there on a 2 week gap.

Most likely the crystal mile becomes bigger and maybe a handicap 1400 at the valley instead. Biggest change will be for cup runners... Probably have to run the 2500 of the Lexus under handicap conditions now.

Edit* probably just the moonga on a two week break or crystal mile on a 1 week backup. Seems ideal to be honest.

Would suggest the Moonee Valley cup gets even stronger formlines next year as the ideal lead up for horses that need a run. #penzanceform.

Most of the serious Melbourne cup horse would probably just go to the Cox Plate if they could, field capacity is a bitch though. Peter Galagotis is going to go mental if his superstar misses out again. (actually, he now has two superstars come to think of it ;) )

In fairness to Maher that is Petit Filous level at this point in time.

Still can't believe the odds they put up about her in the Moir.

Yea, i agree, suprised they didnt have a crack at the Oakleigh Plate though. Assuming she would have got a run i think she would have been hard to beat down in the weights.

I would argue that the only reason you could have Brazen Beau in the Newmarket was based on his lead up run. it was a repeat of how he had his success the Spring prior, and Waller got it spot on.

Really?

He was first up in the wrong part of the track on a super fast pace in the Danehill so clearly had excuses, he then went back to Sydney and trotted up before heading back to Melbourne for the Coolmore.

He was made to look 2nd rate in the Lightning by Lankan Rupee who looked (was) back to his best and was coming up against another 2 of the best in the world.

All worked out for those that backed him on the day but not sure how anyone could have confidently backed him expecting him to do what he did.

Lizard Island for the Aus Guineas. Mackintosh for the randwick guineas

Hi Sam, are you upset that you dont get to do the mounting yard coverage anymore so you can tip your dad's horses on top in every race they are in?

Big footy punting board the last saloon.

Random thought, does anyone else notice how well NZ trainers do with the sire Pentire? While here in Aus they all seem to plodders trained by Robbie Lang and end up at the Bool within 4 years racing against each other, how is it so?

Forget it, i think i just answered my own question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why on the replays from racing.com why the screen comes up but no races load? Has to be some sort of windows 10 issue as it used to work ok.

When I have this problem (on chrome) I try and access it through the individual race results page and it usually works.

Random thought, does anyone else notice how well NZ trainers do with the sire Pentire? While here in Aus they all seem to plodders trained by Robbie Lang and end up at the Bool within 4 years racing against each other, how is it so?

Forget it, i think i just answered my own question.

Wet trackers?

Barrier 3 for Xtravagant, not that it really matters where he draws, is normally a length in front of them after 10M.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back