November Daily Punt - Cups Derbies Oaks Guineas and a Gong

Remove this Banner Ad

Because she is a miler and romped in the King Charles just two starts ago?

She was slaughtered again today as she is almost every start and has been one of the worst placed horses in history. She is our best 2000m horse and would have romped in the champion

She was slaughtered again today as she is almost every start and has been one of the worst placed horses in history. She is our best 2000m horse and would have romped in the champion
How was she slaughtered and what has she done to say she is our best 2000m horse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was she slaughtered and what has she done to say she is our best 2000m horse?

It was everyone else’s fault in the Cox Plate and a lot of ‘if the race was at Flemington’ blah blah blah.
Well she just had her chance at Flemington and again missed a place. Comes a time when it’s no longer the fault of the jock or the track.

Having Thousand Guineas next week is such a stupid idea. Carnival is over. Horses like Zardozi and and other Oaks horses don’t get the opportunity to win both.
I don’t mind the Carnival going an extra week or so. The oaks is always tricky, we all know half the field can’t stay and owners just throw a dart at the wall and hope they can pick up a prize check. It makes owners and connections have a real think about placement of their horses and less just dibble dabble.

And a real example of this, I spoke with Jonathan Rosham the other day, he part owns Served Cold trained by Danny O. And I quote “ mate he’s flying and should be a $4 second fav” horse ran like a busted nut and stoped at the 600.. just a throw at the stumps.. that horse is miler and we all know it. The extra couple of weeks is a good thing imo

I don’t mind the Carnival going an extra week or so. The oaks is always tricky, we all know half the field can’t stay and owners just throw a dart at the wall and hope they can pick up a prize check. It makes owners and connections have a real think about placement of their horses and less just dibble dabble.

And a real example of this, I spoke with Jonathan Rosham the other day, he part owns Served Cold trained by Danny O. And I quote “ mate he’s flying and should be a $4 second fav” horse ran like a busted nut and stoped at the 600.. just a throw at the stumps.. that horse is miler and we all know it. The extra couple of weeks is a good thing imo
So have the Derby before the Guineas as well then

It was everyone else’s fault in the Cox Plate and a lot of ‘if the race was at Flemington’ blah blah blah.
Well she just had her chance at Flemington and again missed a place. Comes a time when it’s no longer the fault of the jock or the track.

It’s 100% the fault of the trainer giving the riding instructions and placing her horrendously

Ridden too far back as always and been a good thing beaten in a cox plate
Ok so you’re saying she is good when everything is run to suit.. ie- King Charles, but otherwise doesn’t really have any other strings to her bow and considering she has had one luckless (and there were a few of them in that race) run over 2000m , we’ll have to agree to disagree that she is our best 2000m horse.

All good though was just wondering on your thoughts….Cheers

So if 1000 guineas is next Saturday when is Sandown Cup / Zipping classic etc? Did one of those move to Caulfield. I can't remember.
First week of December I believe.
Cranbourne the week prior (25/11), Ballarat the week after (9/12)
The carnival at this time still doesn't align but with time it may face a rejig.

ie: wouldn't you want to give horses 2 weeks from the Rupert Clark through to the 1600m Cranbourne Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back