Racing October Daily Punt: Planting a Cup on top of Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

scratched

Cat Whatever GIF

I might have something on Tanto the 11 now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mates Horse Running at Moonee Valley

Race 7 no.2

Air Assault

Just putting it on here. Good Luck to connections

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide horse popping over for it. Was an all the way winner a couple of weeks ago at Morphettville over 1800.

Looks to be a chance in this.

Can you imagine the quality of the field if the Facebook grannies got their wish to ban internationals starting..
We stopped investing in breeding local stayers years ago.
Our staying races exist now to serve the raiders who are not good enough to win the best races overseas.
I don’t have a problem with it personally as it creates interest from a betting perspective.
If you are a racing purist, it’s not ideal.

Cup could be made up of 100% raiders for all I care. The breeding and syndication industry only cares about getting 2yos in and out so got to get reasonable stayers some how

even the Northern Hemisphere is looking at the sprinter/miler option for its stallions with any credentialled stayer off to Hunt Stud duties

We stopped investing in breeding local stayers years ago.
Our staying races exist now to serve the raiders who are not good enough to win the best races overseas.
I don’t have a problem with it personally as it creates interest from a betting perspective.
If you are a racing purist, it’s not ideal.

How is it not ideal to have the best horses we can get running in the race regardless of where they are from? The more internationals the better it is for the purist.

How is it not ideal to have the best horses we can get running in the race regardless of where they are from? The more internationals the better it is for the purist.
As I said, personally I don’t mind.
But our group 1 staying races contain very few elite horses. The local breeding industry ain’t changing - so the prevalence of buying third/fourth tier international horses to compete in these races will continue.
Doesn’t mean the standard will improve - this year being an example.

As I said, personally I don’t mind.
But our group 1 staying races contain very few elite horses. The local breeding industry ain’t changing - so the prevalence of buying third/fourth tier international horses to compete in these races will continue.
Doesn’t mean the standard will improve - this year being an example.

And how would lowering the standard need to win the race IMPROVE the breed in that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back