Resource AFL Live Pass - Free for Telstra customers

Remove this Banner Ad

Got it free last year with the dreamteam promo.

Was OK, but the quality was a huge letdown, and mobile device only kinda sucks.

I was able to get it onto the TV with a rooted android phone mirroring to a chromecast though.
My Android is not rooted and allowed me to do exactly this. And yeah the quality is substandard but no doubt that has everything to do with not stealing away Foxtel subscribers.

My Android is not rooted and allowed me to do exactly this. And yeah the quality is substandard but no doubt that has everything to do with not stealing away Foxtel subscribers.
Yeah, I thought it might be possible unrooted. I had to root mine as I haven't upgraded in a while (still using my S3) and there was no official KitKat release for my phone and pre KitKat didn't support mirroring.

I thought it could possibly block it on unrooted as it does with the Foxtel Go app.

Yeah, I thought it might be possible unrooted. I had to root mine as I haven't upgraded in a while (still using my S3) and there was no official KitKat release for my phone and pre KitKat didn't support mirroring.

I thought it could possibly block it on unrooted as it does with the Foxtel Go app.
Ah right yeah well the new OS's have native mirroring with Chromecast now which probably helps. My only issue was that during the broadcast it decides my internet connection isnt good enough and kicks me out of the stream. Very annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for what its worth, you only need a Telstra mobile to generate the link, the link itself can be activated by anyone

so.... if you know someone with a Telstra phone, pester them to give you their link

for what its worth, you only need a Telstra mobile to generate the link, the link itself can be activated by anyone

so.... if you know someone with a Telstra phone, pester them to give you their link
Just to add to this it looks like it can be used any time before the end of the year too so don't feel like you need to hurry.

A good source of codes could be your workplace. Majority of workplaces use Telstra as their carrier of choice. I'm sure there'd be plenty of non-footy fans willing to help :)

Got it free last year with the dreamteam promo.

Was OK, but the quality was a huge letdown, and mobile device only kinda sucks.

I was able to get it onto the TV with a rooted android phone mirroring to a chromecast though.
To be fair, the quality looks great for what it is, footy on a handheld over unmetered (with telstra at least) 3g and 4g. Its when people try to plug it in to a big screen to circumvent the intended use of the app that most people find it disappointing.

To be fair, the quality looks great for what it is, footy on a handheld over unmetered (with telstra at least) 3g and 4g. Its when people try to plug it in to a big screen to circumvent the intended use of the app that most people find it disappointing.
I wouldn't say great, it looked OK on my phone, not so great on my tablet.

I don't have a telstra mobile so I was using my wi-fi at home.

TBH, all the AFL video content is sub par IMO. It is all made for mobile or at least not maximising the player.

High definition streaming of matches live and in replay, over the internet, has to be part of the next broadcast deal. Treating the national sport as a tool to funnel people into Foxtel subscriptions is a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back