Universal Love Blues Supporters Unite 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I was thinking about this idea, and I thought that it would be great to test it out. I hope that the moderators of the Carlton board will approve. Fingers crossed.

All of us have at least one thing in common. And that is we proudly support this amazing club through thick and thin. But I think it would be even better to get on the right foot with each other and sort of get to know who we are really interacting with, to make sure nothing gets out of hand, especially given where the club currently sits for passionate supporters.
This idea came up after I posted something quite controversial related to a particular football player. Not long after, I deleted it and notified the offended users of my mistake. It sort of pinches me how, despite me being here for just about a year, that I still don't know the behaviours of most fellow users. While the rules are there to be followed, I believe that a set of loopholes still exist.

So I was thinking that, having a thread, dedicated to all of us blues fans getting a clear idea of each other and how they behave, would REDUCE the number of violations for moderators to deal with as well as IMPROVE or REPAIR the reputation of Carlton supporters that have been mistakenly seen in an unpleasant way.

Rather than have this on a general board (one which many of you, including me, might not like or use at any given time) or in Bay 13 :straining:, I think having a specific thread here for all Carlton supporters would be beneficial to understanding each other, and knowing that there are more things we have in common than our love for the navy-blue.
I thought it would be great if most of us bluebaggers (especially the newer and more inexperienced users of BigFooty) got a clear idea about each other and what behaviour earns their respect. I would love it if people, gave a BRIEF description of themselves and the way they think (Moderators can do so as well).

While it is natural to have a difference in opinion. There still lies AMBIGUITY. The ambiguity of posting on here as well as many other forums, is when you lack visual and emotional expression and other people misinterpret what you are saying (as well as what way you mean it). Not even the little emotion symbols provided may save you from others having a problem with what you post (since there is a limited number of them).

The following is a clear example of something you can post (but instead about yourself of course). This is also me giving a brief description about myself and my behaviour.

NavyBlueTJ35
I consider myself to be an extremely passionate Carlton supporter, and followed them ever since I was around the age of 4 years. I always give back what I am given, as I believe in MUTUALITY. Most of the time, I'm quite humorous. But I won't deny that I can be quite controversial as well, and at most of the time misunderstood, as I tend to consider both sides of a particular footy-related issue and not completely support the majority.
You may remember me for my infamous post about 'Foster needing to improve' as well as bringing up the Carlton opinion piece written and published by Ryan Buckland. But every bad move I make, I wish to move past on and win back my credibility.
Oh and not to forget, Thy wishes that I change my username. :p

On this thread, you may also:
- Post about your love for particular Carlton players, past and present.
- Encourage faith, hope and a optimism. Look to the future of the Carlton Football Club.
- Talk about what made you follow Carlton. What about them caught your interest. Why You love them so much.
- A joke or two is alright, but of course, follow the board rules.
Any post that suits a different thread should be posted in that specific thread, and NOT this one.

This can save the moderators the time, having to suspend accounts, delete posts and give people warnings whenever somebody breaks the rules. Rather than COMPLETELY go off topic in any of the currently favoured threads, this one could ensure that many others stay on topic as much as possible.

If you still have any issue with a certain BigFooty user, despite this thread. You can always ignore them, or report them to the moderators.

COME ON BLUEBAGGERS, let's unite and show the other boards that we are not as bad as they tend to think. And prove to them that Carlton are on the right track to do some damage over the next 3 to 5 years. BOUND BY BLUE

________________________________________________________________________________________

(P.S. If successful, I'd encourage mods to consider in pinning this up to make this thread easier to manage, this did take me an hour or 2 to type up. Please consider the idea.)

The Old Dark Navy's

Aphrodite
Jeremias
etc.

Last edited:

My name is Tony Lynn 15, well it isn't really but the anonymity of this forum means I need to have an alias. Technically my birth certificate does not say Tony Lynn 15 but I digress. I have barracked for Carlton all my life and it is unlikely, unless Cripps moves due to free agency that I will follow another team in my lifetime. I often get frustrated by people doing things too slowly especially kids and find myself stepping in and doing it for them, I realise this could stunt their development but it just drives me nuts! I cried when the boxer died in the movie The Champ, really felt for young Ricky Schroeder. I really enjoy the shopping centre car parks at Christmas time, especially Doncaster. I can and often do spend hours in there! I once filled out a feedback form at Pizza Hut and told them my pizza had various toppings. I am really lazy like that and find I have the best intentions upfront but when it comes to honestly doing it I lose momentum. I like getting caught in the rain. My favourite number is -7 and a lot of people on this board give me the irrits!

My name is Tony Lynn 15, well it isn't really but the anonymity of this forum means I need to have an alias. Technically my birth certificate does not say Tony Lynn 15 but I digress. I have barracked for Carlton all my life and it is unlikely, unless Cripps moves due to free agency that I will follow another team in my lifetime. I often get frustrated by people doing things too slowly especially kids and find myself stepping in and doing it for them, I realise this could stunt their development but it just drives me nuts! I cried when the boxer died in the movie The Champ, really felt for young Ricky Schroeder. I really enjoy the shopping centre car parks at Christmas time, especially Doncaster. I can and often do spend hours in there! I once filled out a feedback form at Pizza Hut and told them my pizza had various toppings. I am really lazy like that and find I have the best intentions upfront but when it comes to honestly doing it I lose momentum. I like getting caught in the rain. My favourite number is -7 and a lot of people on this board give me the irrits!

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon you would go ok on eHarmony TL15 :eek::D

Last edited:
adore coriander

he's dead

it's actually made from the trebbiano grape variety and wood aged in barrels

liar
You could have just liked my post ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back