Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

Have said many times I dont like the bloke but respect where respect is due...he did catch Aldo in 13 seconds and that...well that was unreal.

Im not sure if the Conor train has been derailed. I mean, seeing him lose kinda puts him back into the pack...personally felt for him after the Nate loss. It may of even got him more fans

Have said many times I dont like the bloke but respect where respect is due...he did catch Aldo in 13 seconds and that...well that was unreal.

Im not sure if the Conor train has been derailed. I mean, seeing him lose kinda puts him back into the pack...personally felt for him after the Nate loss. It may of even got him more fans
I liked the smack talk early but just over it, the Aldo fight still peaks my interest though I'd rather see frankie dethrone him. The Aldo fight was a one in million chance and could see a jds Cain scenereo yet. Time will tell

Last edited:
Excited to see Conor back at 145, he's still unstoppable there
If he gets through Edgar & wins a rematch against Aldo, there is not much left for him at 145.

However I would like to see him face Mendes again with a full camp, also Holloway & Lamas.

If he gets through Edgar & wins a rematch against Aldo, there is not much left for him at 145.

However I would like to see him face Mendes again with a full camp, also Holloway & Lamas.
I think Mendes is his toughest opponents in the division for sure.

I think he'll get the better of Aldo and or Edgar, then if Mendes keeps putting in work one more fight against Mendes before moving up to 155.

Although I dont think Conor will wait around that long.

From everything i've heard him say I think he wants to be into retirement as quickly as possible. He's constantly putting himself on a timer.

I think he'll only defend the belt once more, maximum twice before trying to move back up to 155 and put some work in there.

If he doesnt lose. I think he's probably only got 4 or 5 more fights left before he retires.

If he loses it changes things up and we'll see where he goes from there.

Edgar is a nightmare for him on the feet and ground. His angles will give him trouble and frankie been cutting of that distance his whole career. Then he has his wrestling on top of that. Aldo will be a different animal as well Connor still beats him remember JDS DROPED Cain like that and we saw how the other two fights went down.

Mendes could be competive and exciting. I'd predict he'd stay ahead on the scoring but waiting for the Connor stoppage.
I do believe he has enough power at 145 to do what he does but he will get lost at 155

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be good to see McGregor lose to Diaz again. I don't really care to see this fight though. You couldn't beat Diaz when he had 11 days to prepare. How are you going to beat him when he gets a full camp? Both guys have other interesting fights they could be in too.

Fighting smarter and being more efficient with his energy seems to be what everyone thinks will make a difference. I don't. McGregor is the perfect opponent for Diaz to look good against in victory. I thought McGregor would have used his kicks more against Diaz. Those who said his kicks are just distractions for the left hand were proven correct. He's not a great kicker, especially with low kicks and he's not going to use takedowns to disrupt Diaz's momentum. He's going to box with Diaz again and get beat again. Cool.

Wait, surely its not McGregor vs Diaz again? Whats the point? They literally just fought.

It'll be at 155, so what happens to the 145 lb class? Edgar vs Aldo for the no.1 challenger spot? Surely not.

And what's the point of this fight? It's not like beating Diaz at 155 gives him the right to challenge Dos Anjos for the belt anymore than he already does. If they want him to legitimise himself in the 155 fight the guy who's name i cant pronounce that's on that huge streak.

McGregor vs Diaz 2 is just silly so close together.

Conor's always going to pull a crowd but I'm surprised the UFC isn't keen to take advantage of Nate's elevated popularity right now and have him fight someone else like Pettis.

This is the fight to make. Both guys have called for it before and there is some heat behind it. A win for Diaz gives him a 3 fight win streak over the champ at 145, the former champ at 155 and a streaking contender in Johnson. A win for Pettis gives him a win over the once again relevant Diaz and snaps his disappointing losing streak.

Wait, surely its not McGregor vs Diaz again? Whats the point? They literally just fought.

It'll be at 155, so what happens to the 145 lb class? Edgar vs Aldo for the no.1 challenger spot? Surely not.

And what's the point of this fight? It's not like beating Diaz at 155 gives him the right to challenge Dos Anjos for the belt anymore than he already does. If they want him to legitimise himself in the 155 fight the guy who's name i cant pronounce that's on that huge streak.

McGregor vs Diaz 2 is just silly so close together.
the MMA fighting article I read this morning said it was at 170 lol.

Will be good to see McGregor lose to Diaz again. I don't really care to see this fight though. You couldn't beat Diaz when he had 11 days to prepare. How are you going to beat him when he gets a full camp? Both guys have other interesting fights they could be in too.

Fighting smarter and being more efficient with his energy seems to be what everyone thinks will make a difference. I don't. McGregor is the perfect opponent for Diaz to look good against in victory. I thought McGregor would have used his kicks more against Diaz. Those who said his kicks are just distractions for the left hand were proven correct. He's not a great kicker, especially with low kicks and he's not going to use takedowns to disrupt Diaz's momentum. He's going to box with Diaz again and get beat again. Cool.
I was being sarcastic with the efficient with energy comment.. although I would favour mcgregor in a rematch, even at 170.
I think he will fight with a more measured game plan and not just head hunt.

it's a fun fight like it was always going to be the first time around.

doesn't make much sense tho.. Ive got no ******* idea what the UFCs grand plan is.. but I'm sure they have one.

kudos to Conor for wanting the fight straight after losing. the guys got balls the size of grapefruits!

hey enough of the Journo buisness he is the UFC bitch,
u kidding?
he works for fox, not the UFC.
His been doing MMA journalism longer than just about anyone.
does he have links/sources within the UFC? of course, he wouldn't be a good journo if he didn't.

anyone with UFC, AFL, NBA ect accreditation is a "bitch" in a way.

there's a reason you don't see Luke Thomas at any UFC events.. his been very critical of what Dana and the UFC have done in the past in terms of fighter treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back