Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

So need to start looking for a new pre workout as my stocks of BPM Labs The One 2.0 are running a bit low. ANyone have any experience with the Optimum Nutrition PWO? It's great value and seems to have a pretty solid ingredient list (it's missing AAKG but I can add that in myself.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-pre-workout-330g-tub

UK options are a bit limited so if anyone sees anything on the below list they can recommend it would be appreciated.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/pre-workout
Do you get your post workout supps here as well? Which do you find is best?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a protein powder so I can meet my protein macros for the day that isn't full of lots of artificial crap but not ridiculously priced either!

Tastes good so I can drink it plain or add to smoothies, pancakes etc.

So I can see some of you use bulk nutrition. Is it the whey protein isolate?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot in new to this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's what my inital post was referring to.

Hard to find proper pwo in the UK, a lot of it is banned.

same in Aus.

I have been using isatori pre gro lately and that is good.

.50 calibre (pretty sure its a uk brand) is good but very hard to swallow.

What are your feelings on pre-workouts? I've been an avid user on and off for at least the last 4 years and recently have gone completely cold turkey. I feel they do have a positive effect but i'm seeing them more and more as just a kick to the face to get the senses going more than anything.

What are your feelings on pre-workouts? I've been an avid user on and off for at least the last 4 years and recently have gone completely cold turkey. I feel they do have a positive effect but i'm seeing them more and more as just a kick to the face to get the senses going more than anything.

I am a fan. I think they make a big difference especially if you go to the gym after work. for instance, I have been at work for 11 hours - office job - had dinner while playing uno with Lance Jr... now I am lying on the couch... ready to fall asleep. I'll take a preworkout shortly and go to the gym and I'll have a pretty good workout.

I'm the same, been using PWO for years. I was pretty much double scooping on warning labels that say to not exceed single scoop. I realised how bad it was getting when I started getting headaches about an hour or two before I workout (caffeine addiction, I guess). I've slowly reduced my usage to half a scoop currently, which is still enough to get a good workout. I don't get the slap across the face I'm used to, but nothing has really changed in terms of my actual workouts.

That said, I go straight from work, so I don't have to deal with sitting down first!

I am going to start making my own preworkout soon.
I've done that before, it's cost efficient and provides decent value but you don't get the same kick as from a propitiatory blend unfortunately.

As for me I've seemingly become almost immune to PWO despite undergoing numerous caffeine detoxes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back