Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris bond has alot to answer for
next joke, the 2012 draft was a piece of s**t and we took the best available talent at pick 17 If it works out we look like geniuses and if it doesn't then we cut our losses.

We cut our losses last year and we really have not missed out on much from that draft.

Just read something on the Freo website, free trip to LA. Cattle class to Sydney or Melbourne and then Premium Economy to LA......for a whole row of up to 19 people. Nice prize.
Seems like I picked a good week to be flying over to Perth for a game!

I love watching "the Bont" play but when you read that thread on the main board (best young player since Judd) you can't help but marvel at people's goldfish memories. Fyfe was freakishly good in his second year already and if not for injury would have ripped the comp up in 2012.

RTB is smartest person in football by quite the margin. I get weak at the knees listening to him.

I liked that he didn't like the St Kilda quarter time spray being discussed. You could tell he prides himself on being a level headed and a non emotional coach. Nobody wants to be put in the Hinkley basket/case who needs a good speech to get his players to turn up.

I also loved how hard Johno Brown was backing out his questions when RTB started to rebut. I haven't seen anyone that scared since maybe Garlett a few weeks back when he pulled out of that mark.

next joke, the 2012 draft was a piece of s**t and we took the best available talent at pick 17 If it works out we look like geniuses and if it doesn't then we cut our losses.

We cut our losses last year and we really have not missed out on much from that draft.

Grundy, Membrey, Wood etc would have been pretty handy.

Grundy, Membrey, Wood etc would have been pretty handy.
hardly world beaters
Grundy - We had Clarke who was looking like he would be a superstar
Membrey - Mayne>Membrey imo but we could have taken him over duffy or smith sure
Same thing for Wood

none of those two were touted as top talent and would have been huge reaches anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That "Ross the Toss" thread got closed pretty quickly

I'm off to a good start. I wasn't on last night but I'll assume no one replied and your all fine with our efforts and coach cucumbers cool responses. Maybe I posted to the wrong place. Buying in to the whole "fresh young talent" thing ain't easy after expecting a year of contending for a flag. But I have. Weller will be in our best 22 start of next year if he isn't already.

I'm off to a good start. I wasn't on last night but I'll assume no one replied and your all fine with our efforts and coach cucumbers cool responses. Maybe I posted to the wrong place. Buying in to the whole "fresh young talent" thing ain't easy after expecting a year of contending for a flag. But I have. Weller will be in our best 22 start of next year if he isn't already.

One of the criticisms I've seen levelled at Ross in the past is that he's too intense and too demanding to ever be a good development coach for a team of youngsters who are bound to have their ups and downs.

I'd say the fact he's identified this as a rebuilding year and has been able to approach it with a more mellow mindset is actually a good sign of growth as a coach.

One of the criticisms I've seen levelled at Ross in the past is that he's too intense and too demanding to ever be a good development coach for a team of youngsters who are bound to have their ups and downs.

I'd say the fact he's identified this as a rebuilding year and has been able to approach it with a more mellow mindset is actually a good sign of growth as a coach.

The biggest issue for us is that he's too good of a coach and we'll likely be pushing the top 8 again next year. We need to spend at least a couple of years down the bottom to get 5-8 quality kids in. We can't afford to be finishing 6th-12th over the next couple of years.

Agree that his mellow mindset suits a young rebuilding team. But in rounds 1-5 he was just soft.

Dont know why i did but i looked at sliding doors surely damien barrett needs to be sacked what a lazy spud and flog of a so called reporter

I think that was your first mistake and now mine as I have a horrible feeling he's saying something average.

Yes....there we go...that ladies and gentlemen is spud reporting right there.

I actually find most of the stuff barrett writes decent. You got to take the good with the bad. When we are not going very well, there are bounds to be articles that will hit a nerve.

Hackdorn on the other hand ...

What's the fuss with Weller's ponytail? The main thing is, his sight isn't obscured.
As long as it isn't a huge long ponytail.
I hate cats. Feral fleabags. They wouldn't last one minute with this quokka!

Yep we will play away games in alice springs darwin cairns gold coast brisbane and launceston and possibly ballarat with the new upgrade to the stadium there and the confirmation afl might play some games there

Go * yourself AFL site. Looked on the main page and they have a feature, "Best bits of the round in pics". What do you reckon they might have used? Rioli celebration after the winning goal maybe? Nup, it's Ballantyne with his face all swollen from a broken cheekbone. Classy :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back