Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give the league a big thumbs up. I moved from Melbourne to Tatura Last year and I have been to two games this year( One at Tatura and One today at echuca vs Tatura). It is a fantastic product of football. Great Skills, Friendly Atmosphere and very welcoming home and away.

Journeyed to Deakin today to watch Rochy v Shepp. The bears started well and Wong kicked 3 in the 1st quarter on Nath McCarty. You could see the grin on McCarty's face from 100 metres away as Wong limped off at the first break never to return.

Aitken kept Rochy in it on the scoreboard early, but then Stroobants found a gear and kicked 6 in the last three quarters as Rochy wrestled control. Marrone and Bright were strong for the Tigers. Gallagher and Allen for Shepp. Wong's foot/ankle injury might keep him out for a couple of weeks. Sean Williams appeared to strain a groin and didnt play the second half. Rochy ran the ball particularly well in third quarter where they won the game kicking 5 goals against a tricky wind. Shepp have plenty of upside in 2017 if they keep this squad together and grab a couple more players.

Journeyed to Deakin today to watch Rochy v Shepp. The bears started well and Wong kicked 3 in the 1st quarter on Nath McCarty. You could see the grin on McCarty's face from 100 metres away as Wong limped off at the first break never to return.

Aitken kept Rochy in it on the scoreboard early, but then Stroobants found a gear and kicked 6 in the last three quarters as Rochy wrestled control. Marrone and Bright were strong for the Tigers. Gallagher and Allen for Shepp. Wong's foot/ankle injury might keep him out for a couple of weeks. Sean Williams appeared to strain a groin and didnt play the second half. Rochy ran the ball particularly well in third quarter where they won the game kicking 5 goals against a tricky wind. Shepp have plenty of upside in 2017 if they keep this squad together and grab a couple more players.

How did Oakley and Sanders go Silver?

It's absolutely heart wrenching to see United sitting 2nd last I feel for Quarrel,,,said no one ever
It certainly is hard to see. After 2 disappointing years in 2014/15 wasn't this year supposed to be when the saviour returns them to finals "where they should be"?

How did Oakley and Sanders go Silver?

Further to that question passenger, Flaherty rested himself and Clint Perry for this game and intends resting a couple of key players each week leading into finals.

I see Oliver was named BOG in the twos.(kicked 4) I watched the last three quarters of him with interest and he displayed the same intensity, speed and aggression as pre knee blow outs. Still got great hands and silky skills. His agility beyond a straight line is still questionable, but I see him as a deep forward in the ones come finals. He needs a few more games in his legs before then.

Further to that question passenger, Flaherty rested himself and Clint Perry for this game and intends resting a couple of key players each week leading into finals.

I see Oliver was named BOG in the twos.(kicked 4) I watched the last three quarters of him with interest and he displayed the same intensity, speed and aggression as pre knee blow outs. Still got great hands and silky skills. His agility beyond a straight line is still questionable, but I see him as a deep forward in the ones come finals. He needs a few more games in his legs before then.

Ill be amazed if Perry doesn't get a ones game sooner than later based on positions he can play and ability. Agree he isn't tested running arcs and quick changes of direction, but if anything he brings a big body and a lot of ability to a team needing to win finals.

That'd be jake perry... clintons younger brother

Thanks Silver. Insightful as always.

Anyone able to elaborate on any of the other games from yesterday? Keen to hear a run down on the Benalla - Seymour game.

Busy yesterday so missed watching Rochy. Alas, nothing to add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep as I said ... nothing. I am pretty sure both Jake and Clinton are disappointed I got it wrong in a broarder, richer conversation, about Rochy's game which you admit you have nothing to offer. Good skills you Muppet.
You obviously see a lot of Rochy games Silver they seem to be building nicely towards finals how do you rate there chances in September, probably the only team capable of giving the bombers a run for there money ?

You obviously see a lot of Rochy games Silver they seem to be building nicely towards finals how do you rate there chances in September, probably the only team capable of giving the bombers a run for there money ?

I actually don't one percentre. As an ex-player I now live a few hours away from the closest GV ground but I did travel to Shepp last game. I still talk to blokes involved. I reckon Rochy are building very nicely although I would not discount Benalla.

The next time Rochy play Ky the tigers will hopefully have Marrone, Dillon Williams, Sanders, Brennan. Bowen, Oakley and Perry Oliver. None of the 7 played last time.

I think we are a chance.

Anyone able to elaborate on any of the other games from yesterday? Keen to hear a run down on the Benalla - Seymour game.

Busy yesterday so missed watching Rochy. Alas, nothing to add.

I was listening to One FM which had Benalla- Seymour game while watching Echuca-Tatura so this was from the One FM commentators.

The Ground was not in good nick, Seymour tried to play Dry Weather football on a Wet Ground.

There was a Card given to a Seymour player for Striking

Benalla was good for the first 3 qtr and then when seymour changed the way. They came back apparently.

Hope that help. I was too busy watching Echuca vs Tatura

I was listening to One FM which had Benalla- Seymour game while watching Echuca-Tatura so this was from the One FM commentators.

The Ground was not in good nick, Seymour tried to play Dry Weather football on a Wet Ground.

There was a Card given to a Seymour player for Striking

Benalla was good for the first 3 qtr and then when seymour changed the way. They came back apparently.

Hope that help. I was too busy watching Echuca vs Tatura

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Benalla are obviously going to be in the thick of things come finals and Seymour have belief and played superb footy all year. Look out if they are confident come September as well.

You must be happy with how Tat are going. Future looks bright.

Three rounds to go and there's still potentially seven clubs fighting for the last two places in the six.

1. Ky - 15w
2. Rochy - 12w
3. Benalla - 10.5w
4. Seymour - 9w

They are all safe.

But then;

5. Swans 7w
6. Euroa 7w
7. Bears 7w
8. Echuca 6w
9. Mansfield 6w
10. Tatura 5w
11. United 5w

Tatura (Swans, Bears & Rochy) and United (Benalla, Echuca & Swans) are very, very slim chances.

Swans have been awful the past three weeks, losing to Bears, Rochy & Mansfield. They play Tatura, Seymour & United so should get in.

Euroa has Benalla, Mooroopna and Kyabram and might only win one of those.

Bears has Mansfield, Tatura and Seymour. Could only win one of those.

Echuca has Seymour, United and Kyabram. Tough run except for the United game.

Mansfield is interesting. They have Bears, Rochy and Mooroopna. Win two of those and they might be in.

Not sure if any of these can match the top four, but playing finals is always a good experience, good for sponsorship etc.

Three rounds to go and there's still potentially seven clubs fighting for the last two places in the six.

1. Ky - 15w
2. Rochy - 12w
3. Benalla - 10.5w
4. Seymour - 9w

They are all safe.

But then;

5. Swans 7w
6. Euroa 7w
7. Bears 7w
8. Echuca 6w
9. Mansfield 6w
10. Tatura 5w
11. United 5w

Tatura (Swans, Bears & Rochy) and United (Benalla, Echuca & Swans) are very, very slim chances.

Swans have been awful the past three weeks, losing to Bears, Rochy & Mansfield. They play Tatura, Seymour & United so should get in.

Mansfield is interesting. They have Bears, Rochy and Mooroopna. Win two of those and they might be in.

Not sure if any of these can match the top four, but playing finals is always a good experience, good for sponsorship etc.
Good post Brad. I reckon it will come down to %. Swans should win 2 games and finish in 5th on 9 wins (even if they only win 1 they will probably have the highest % of the sides under them). I think Mansfield will beat the Bears, which will end up with Euroa, Bears and Mansfield on 8 wins each. Mansfield will rue its early season form and won't be able to win by enough to overtake bears and Euroas %. Euroa has 2 top 3 teams to try and negate. While the Bears only have Seymour, which i think will have them end up with 2-3% better than Euroa and finish in 6th spot. Regardless who pinches 6th, it'll be bloody tough coming up against Benalla who will be wanting the opportunity to play for a GF the following weekend.

1. Ky - 15w
2. Rochy - 12w
3. Benalla - 10.5w
4. Seymour - 9w

They are all safe.

But then;

5. Swans 7w
6. Euroa 7w
7. Bears 7w
8. Echuca 6w
9. Mansfield 6w
10. Tatura 5w
11. United 5w

I think it is interesting in 3 rounds time.

Tatura and United can join Mooroopna in an early Mad Monday.

Echuca Danger Game is this week but can not see them making it.

Here is my 5th and below in 3 rounds time

5 Shepparton 36
6 Euroa 32
7 Shepparton Swans 28
8 Echuca 28
9 Mansfield 28
10 Tatura 26
11 Shepparton United 24
12 Mooroopna 0

R
I actually don't one percentre. As an ex-player I now live a few hours away from the closest GV ground but I did travel to Shepp last game. I still talk to blokes involved. I reckon Rochy are building very nicely although I would not discount Benalla.

The next time Rochy play Ky the tigers will hopefully have Marrone, Dillon Williams, Sanders, Brennan. Bowen, Oakley and Perry Oliver. None of the 7 played last time.

I think we are a chance.

Rochy will obviously improve and are definitely a chance. Ky were also missing Emmett, Reeves, Beck, Gemmill, Morgan, Thomson and Holman so they will also improve from that day.
At the end of the day whoever handles the finals pressure better will prevail.
Not dis-counting Benalla either, there best is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back