Dogs v Roos - etihad - Rd 20, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

61 - 45
47 - 61

Cracking games.

LOL and people call Ross Lyon teams boring when scores like this come out.......what a sack of s**t those 2 scorelines are....under a roof as well both occasions.

If these 2 play in a final, I'm tipping a 5 goal to 4 snooze-fest.

interesting, gone early.

at least wait till years end to see if you do better than us

Like you did after the first game we played? and throughout North's big streak?

North are cooked, done. Last night hammered it home

Mutuality.

MacCrae is the Dogs' architect. Losing him is probably worse than losing Libba.

Outside of Murph, losing Jack is the one that hurts most, IMO.
We lose polish and class without Murph but FWIW we have won 12 and lost 5 without him

Boyd and Morris are more vital to our structure than Murph imo, see last week for example with the amount of ease Geelong scored with going inside 50 without them 2, we bring them 2 back in and life was tough for North's forwards

We are certainly going to drop off with the retirement of a fair few guys over the next two years, but I don't get everyone acting like we'll be complete rubbish.
We will lose Petrie, NDS and Firrito this year (maybe Boomer and Wells). None of those three have any massive impact on games anymore, and with Wood and Brown showing plenty, won't make any huge difference.
After next year we will lose Boomer and Wells (if they stay one more), along with Waite as well. These three will hurt us a bit more, but that's also with another season into Dumont, Clarke, Wagner, Garner, Brown, Wood and McDonald, who can all play.

Our main core is Tarrant, Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins, Ziebell, Macmillan & Thomas. None of those guys will be gone in the next few years.

Yes we will drop off, and we need to to get rid of those old guys I mentioned and get more games into the next generation. I just don't see the cliff being as monumental as people are making out. Could be wrong though.
You will eventually fall away but yeah I agree you shouldn't be a basket case like BL/Freo etc and win less than 4 games

You guys have clear succession planning in progress with the kids at Werribee like McKay, Durdin, EVW and kids like Wagner, Dumont, Clarke getting games now and most of your defensive and midfield core are only 24-29

I'd guess you'll be around Dogs 2013/14, Melbourne 2015/16, Richmond 2016 etc type level of performance through a rebuild, should be in the 10th-14th range 6-10 wins etc

Add some class/X Factor through the draft and you'll be alright while that midfield/defensive core is still around to help these kids develop quickly

Yeah. we did the same with Rocket eade. needed a fresh start. Mccartney wasn't the answer but helped us bottom out to get the picks we required.

It may sound left field, I would sign Mark Neeld for a 2-3 year contract to help you guys bottom out to receive high draft picks. Once you are ready to rise, find a new coach and glory won't be far away.
Bro, Neeld would absolutely decimate them

Only Goldstein, Ziebell and Cunnington would survive his style of rebuild and he'd probably make Dumont captain

I'm happy to be proven wrong. There's nothing I like more than seeing the smaller clubs like North, Saints and the Dogs succeed.

I just don't think you have the cattle going forward. Feel free to rub it in if you win a flag.
The nucleus is there - we seem to be chasing Hurley hard which would be amazing for us, personally I think we need another mobile ruck on the list and a genuine opportunist crumber. Boyd is not ready yet but should be closer if he actually gets a pre-season or once.

The list when we're genuinely contending is mostly there, not quite, but the list build thus far has been pretty satisfying for us. Losing experience in the back half will hurt but with Wood emerging as a genuine leader there and Suckling having a few years left we should be able to cover the loss of Morris/Murph/Boyd with a combination of Biggs/Suckling/Wood/JJ and 2-3 talls as we tend to play 7 defenders and rotate them through there.

The nucleus is there - we seem to be chasing Hurley hard which would be amazing for us, personally I think we need another mobile ruck on the list and a genuine opportunist crumber. Boyd is not ready yet but should be closer if he actually gets a pre-season or once.

The list when we're genuinely contending is mostly there, not quite, but the list build thus far has been pretty satisfying for us. Losing experience in the back half will hurt but with Wood emerging as a genuine leader there and Suckling having a few years left we should be able to cover the loss of Morris/Murph/Boyd with a combination of Biggs/Suckling/Wood/JJ and 2-3 talls as we tend to play 7 defenders and rotate them through there.
Hurley would be a massive get and push you into top 4.

Hurley would be a massive get and push you into top 4.
It would actually change our whole structure, our midfield really needs to help out our defence as our KPDs are young/just average/a combination of both. Hurley can rebound well so we instantly become a little more attacking which should help our scoring as we've been terribly inefficient with inside 50s this year, although part of that is the style of get it and lock it in the F50, play contested types in the front half (Clay Smith & Wallis especially) and try and score from contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like you did after the first game we played? and throughout North's big streak?

North are cooked, done. Last night hammered it home

And the dogs just won their premiership!!

21 posts from Doggie posters after the cats loss.

102 posts - and counting - from Doggie posters after the Roos win.

You should front up win or lose.

I recall Aker saying that Higgins doesn't have the body for AFL. All Dogs fan agreed.

And now he's at Norf...

You do know he made the AA squad last year? In the best 40 players in 2015.

But hey - your recalling something Aker said. Drawing on such quality has got my attention - please tell us more about things Aker has said......

You do know he made the AA squad last year? In the best 40 players in 2015.

But hey - your recalling something Aker said. Drawing on such quality has got my attention - please tell us more about things Aker has said......

Have to hand it to you, Bill.

You're a trier, all right.

How has Higgins been these last few weeks?

Actually, he's probably been one of Norf's best :thumbsu:

Have to hand it to you, Bill.

You're a trier, all right.

How has Higgins been these last few weeks?

Actually, he's probably been one of Norf's best :thumbsu:

Its as stupid as saying Mitch Wallis dosen't have the body for AFL.

But hey maybe we should consult Aker and reference him going forward.

Drew Petrie made Fletcher Roberts look like the next All-Australian full back.
Easily the best game of his career to date for Fletch.

Is it though? Drew has played two half decent games all year. Good for the young bloke though, probably feels nice.

I recall Aker saying that Higgins doesn't have the body for AFL. All Dogs fan agreed.

And now he's at Norf...

Well if luminaries such as Aker and all Dog fans agreed...

No, it's not. That's an idiotic thing to say.

Higgins has had an incredible number of breaks, tears and bad sprains.

Early in his career there was plenty of doubt that he'd ever play regularly at all.

If he got an injury like Wallis has, he'd be out for 5 years.

His body is made of plasticine.

The only thing that concerned Dogs fans was after all the time the club spent getting him back on the park, he then leaves...

...and he went to North because "the medical technology is better there". :D:D:oops:

For once, Aker was right.

And the dogs just won their premiership!!

21 posts from Doggie posters after the cats loss.

102 posts - and counting - from Doggie posters after the Roos win.

You should front up win or lose.

Hahaha says you that went missing for 6 weeks

Wow

But hey maybe we should consult Aker and reference him going forward.
Well that's just ridiculous. Wallis has had one injury of note that I can remember, Higgins has missed half his career with injuries. Not impact ones, either.

No, it's not. That's an idiotic thing to say.

Higgins has had an incredible number of breaks, tears and bad sprains.

Early in his career there was plenty of doubt that he'd ever play regularly at all.

If he got an injury like Wallis has, he'd be out for 5 years.

His body is made of plasticine.

The only thing that concerned Dogs fans was after all the time the club spent getting him back on the park, he then leaves...

...and he went to North because "the medical technology is better there". :D:D:oops:

For once, Aker was right.
Again - played every game last year and made the AA team. He coped an impact injury like Wallis did. He had had no tears or soft tissue injuries with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back