Dogs v Roos - etihad - Rd 20, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

We missed a bunch more too. But that is what I said, Dogs do have a better list to cover the injuries. Its a credit to the list management team. 2015 is the first time we have drafted pacy skilled mids since 2009!

edit: sorry, said that in a different post, but it is definitely true.
Clarke and Wagner are the real deal (the big deal in the case of the latter, apparently). If the 2014 draftees can get out on the park, the future looks alright.

Quite a few of the Dogs' fringe players cop some serious heat on our board, but I think they're doing okay. When you're asked to bat 37/38 deep, you can't be too critical of the bottom six in your side when they're just playing their role to the best of their ability.

I don't watch the Dogs generally, one of my least favorite teams in the league.
Actually i can't stand them.

Mutuality.

MacCrae is the Dogs' architect. Losing him is probably worse than losing Libba.

Outside of Murph, losing Jack is the one that hurts most, IMO.

I don't like the Dogs supporters scoffing at North's injuries - they are extensive and extremely damaging in the areas North can least afford to be compromised in (although I think many would argue ours are equivalent or worse)

But i do wish to note that a number of North supporters have been dining out on beating us earlier in the year when in that game the respective injury lists (of genuine best 22 players) were:

NORTH:
Jed Anderson
Taylor Garner

BULLDOGS:
Robert Murphy
Clay Smith
Jason Johannisen
Matt Suckling
Tom Boyd
Caleb Daniel
and let's not forget Stewart Crameri too.

Why were North posters so keen to ignore our injuries in Rd 6, but now injuries are such a big deal?

(P.S. I think injuries are always a big deal. It doesn't mean you just throw in the towel. But they DO make a difference.)

Experience and amount of injuries means nothing. It is the effect on the side. If say Cunnington and Swallow went down, no big deal, but if Wells goes down, crap. Why, because we have crappy depth in that position.

Thats why losing the likes of Wallis and Liber didn't hit you as hard, you replaced them with guys that could at least give you a reasonable return in their stead. I would say us losing Higgins is bigger than you losing both those guys combined.

That being said, it just shows how important a list design is. For North, lack of pace in the middle has killed us for many years now. Even if you want to add run to the middle, you just don't have the cattle. Dogs have most areas covered with a couple to spare. Except forward where you are thin and therefore the reason a premiership is still not within reach.

The only way to overcome gaps in the list is with strategy but again Scott is pretty rigid whereas I see Bevo as a much more flexible and proactive mentor.

This is a dire thread. But this post is my vote for post of the thread. Very reasonable indeed. It's posters like Moti that leave me with hope for the main board.

Having said that, I would argue that last week when the Dogs were playing literally the only key position players left on our list, and there weren't enough of them, that we were left pretty exposed in the backline too.

Yeah not so easy when you have 6 of your best 22 out and then lose your best forward in the 2nd qtr

Only 6???

Poor poor little Roos and you lost one like we did during the game?

Awwwwww need a hug?

Where was the fight the last 2 weeks?
And when they lost their only final at home to a team below them?

Doesn't suit your agenda.

Werent good enough against the saints

Great effort last week

Crows way to composed for us last year in finals.

Just did what we had to tonight to beat an average team.

We are not winning a flag this year but we also arnt about to be bottom 4 next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the Dogs supporters scoffing at North's injuries - they are extensive and extremely damaging in the areas North can least afford to be compromised in (although I think many would argue ours are equivalent or worse)

But i do wish to note that a number of North supporters have been dining out on beating us earlier in the year when in that game the respective injury lists (of genuine best 22 players) were:

NORTH:
Jed Anderson
Taylor Garner

BULLDOGS:
Robert Murphy
Clay Smith
Jason Johannisen
Matt Suckling
Tom Boyd
Caleb Daniel
and let's not forget Stewart Crameri too.

Why were North posters so keen to ignore our injuries in Rd 6, but now injuries are such a big deal?

(P.S. I think injuries are always a big deal. It doesn't mean you just throw in the towel. But they DO make a difference.)
Why do the doggies keep listing Tom Boyd? Not sure old concrete hands adds to your arguement.

You should quote someone when you reply to them, so they know who you're talking to (and so they get a notification). :)
But no, I don't unfortunately. Tonight's game has shown me that neither side will be contending for flags for at least 5 years. :(

However if we get a few players back from injury then I'll be more hopeful that we'll have a good finals series. Just not sure that we'll get them fit enough after not playing for months.
Very funny to see you write this, don't put a young talented side like the dogs in the same broken down retirement home with not much young guns coming through basket as North.

This is a dire thread. But this post is my vote for post of the thread. Very reasonable indeed. It's posters like Moti that leave me with hope for the main board.

Having said that, I would argue that last week when the Dogs were playing literally the only key position players left on our list, and there weren't enough of them, that we were left pretty exposed in the backline too.

Fair comment. Bit what sort of list manager builds a list that is reliant on injury prone players like Wells and Higgins?

Answer: not a particularly smart one.

Same crap boat as suckling - but no where near as bad as Boyd.
You are so salty!! Hope that one hurt last night mate. Some of your comments about Bont leading into this one, and in the game thread were laughable. Glad he could make you and your footy club look silly once again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back