Opinion Sacrifice the AFL for a VFL Flag (poll added)?

Should we sacrifice the senior side to benefit the VFL side in their finals tilt?

• Yes: Cloke, Williams, etc are probably gone so why not keep them in the twos to play finals?

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • No: If a senior player deserves a call up, he plays seniors, no matter what happens in the VFL.

Votes: 57 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I know some might not like this View.

With only 2 games in the AFL Season to go. I would keep Cloke in the VFL so he can Play Finals and Maybe bring a few back to make sure we finish top 2 and get a Home QF.

Your Thoughts?

With only 2 games in the AFL Season to go. I would keep Cloke in the VFL so he can Play Finals and Maybe bring a few back to make sure we finish top 2 and get a Home QF.

Your Thoughts?
Like many others have said, we're not really sacrificing anything to leave him there.
If he's gone next yr, dont need to play him in afl side coz boys should get used to fwd line without him.....plus him dominating in vfl will make him a more attractive trade.....
and if he is with us next yr, let him find some confidence and form in the vfl, where he'll get to play more games rather then only the two left in afl.

Your Thoughts?

Cloke is gone Dave that is obvious.

The Clubs that want him don't need to see him play in VFL to make a call on him.

Personally I would love for him to finish his career a Pie but I don't think it will happen.

c'est la vie

Home QF? Aren't all VFL finals played at TEAC Oval Port Melbourne (or whatever its now called) regardless of the competing teams?

Only TV Games but talk of won't be played there as Ground is in Disgusting Condition

I'm a everything about VFL should be as support for the seniors in my view.
Separately I'd love to see our VFL team win their flag.

I must also confess the stuff we get on the VFL via big footy is terrific and has pushed my interest in the results further. Many thanks all.
One of the better things about bigfooty by the way.

If he's gone next yr, dont need to play him in afl side coz boys should get used to fwd line without him.....plus him dominating in vfl will make him a more attractive trade.....
and if he is with us next yr, let him find some confidence and form in the vfl, where he'll get to play more games rather then only the two left in afl.

Sounds win/win to me

Cloke is gone Dave that is obvious.

The Clubs that want him don't need to see him play in VFL to make a call on him.

Personally I would love for him to finish his career a Pie but I don't think it will happen.

c'est la vie
Just saw the interview with him on Ch7, one thing is for sure, Cloke loves the club. Very sad.
Big mistake if they let him go.

Your Thoughts?

TD, you and I talked about this at the meet up this afternoon. We will probably be howled down for the thought. Sometimes its about 'Collingwood' the club, and not always about 'Collingwood' the senior team. A VFL flag would be great for the club, would be great for our prospects going forward, would be great for us VFL followers. But at the expense of leaving senior players out of the selected 22? Poll added to gauge support.

it is nice to win a reserve premiership but who remembers it in the future. they are there for the seniors
and they all want to play in the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cloke wants to stay and the best for the Club, then VFL it is. We are not getting much out of wins against GCS or Hawks.
VFL finals however will be a good foundation for everyone and a chance for him to end the season on a high.

not sure when our last was.....2010? did we win as a combined Willy team?
no idea cannot remember myself. for the majority of the listed group who are going to be here next year
it is all about senior footy and form. the vfl boys it would be huge for them no doubt and some thing for them to remember
but it is all about the senior team for me

I understand the sentiment but I'd be going in the other direction and be using the last two games to give more of the VFL squad a game. Blokes like Close should get a chance to show whether they deserve finals action.

But otherwise I agree. For example if any finals eligible player needs surgery I'd be delaying it till after the VFL season.

Just saw the interview with him on Ch7, one thing is for sure, Cloke loves the club. Very sad.
Big mistake if they let him go.

Might be a Mistake but I just see it as We are looking who could Possibly be Part of the Next Premiership and We don't see Cloke in it.

OR

Yet Another Premiership Player that has Got Sick of Buckley

TD, you and I talked about this at the meet up this afternoon. We will probably be howled down for the thought. Sometimes its about 'Collingwood' the club, and not always about 'Collingwood' the senior team. A VFL flag would be great for the club, would be great for our prospects going forward, would be great for us VFL followers. But at the expense of leaving senior players out of the selected 22? Poll added to gauge support.

I made the Thread because of our Conversation and I wanted to think how other people felt about it.

Going by reading the Thread. You and I Vicky Park and few Others are the ones want us to see win the VFL Flag and do everything possible to do it

It's all about the seniors in my view. Whilst success in the VFL is great, the objectives/aims/best interests of the AFL side should always be paramount and the ressies just have to absorb it.

IF we where fighting for Finals in the AFL then I agree but we playing 2 Really Meaningless Games. Yes I love to win both but Results is not the most Important things for the last 2 AFL Games.

IF we where fighting for Finals in the AFL then I agree but we playing 2 Really Meaningless Games. Yes I love to win both but Results is not the most Important things for the last 2 AFL Games.
there is no such thing as meaningless games td. even when your not playing finals

there is no such thing as meaningless games td. even when your not playing finals

True. Wrong Word. VFL Means More.

The whole thing is really about what to do with Cloke anyway. He is the only 1 that Really comes under this

True. Wrong Word. VFL Means More.

The whole thing is really about what to do with Cloke anyway. He is the only 1 that Really comes under this
to the players with a shot to play in the firsts the firsts come first, only to the vfl and the players leaving it mite
its only the supporters like you and me that it means some thing

Might be a Mistake but I just see it as We are looking who could Possibly be Part of the Next Premiership and We don't see Cloke in it.

OR

Yet Another Premiership Player that has Got Sick of Buckley
Nope he loves the club and Buckley.
If premiership in the next two years, he can be part of it still.

Back