Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's set some ground rules.

-Strictly no personal abuse.
-Seriously discuss why we need a new coach.
-Leave the coach bashing at the door - no matter how much you dislike the coach, there is no need to abuse his family, ridicule his name and be rude about it.
-If you are unable to rebut a statement and go for the man instead, then forget about it. You will be threadbanned permanently.
-Don't be a pushy salesman and shove opinions down other people throat and telling them they are wrong. Be civil and courteous. You're not savages.
-There is no dick measuring contest between the people who wants the coach to remain and the people who wants the coach to leave. Don't provoke each other and belittle each other for their belief.

If you can't follow these simple guidelines, then don't bother posting.

Last edited:
Without a shadow of a doubt, we need a new coach.

The game plan is infuriating and he is the most stubborn man on the planet.

maybe he isn't a bad coach, maybe he is just stuck in his ways and too unwilling to change... either way, someone like that is not a premiership coach.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says he knew young players weren’t ready for AFL footy

DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond will be an active player in trade talks after admitting he gave up on making finals this season two months ago.

Hardwick said he had an eye to next year when he blooded youngsters such as Mabior Chol and Callum Moore, who were way out of their depth against the Swans.

Richmond saved some face with a five goal to three final quarter but still lost by a season-high 113 points, conceding 39 scoring shots to the rampant Swans including 11 to Lance Franklin (7.4).

It is the Tigers' fifth loss of 10 goals or more this season after recording none last year.

Over the last six rounds Richmond had one win (against Collingwood), five losses and a percentage of 55.04.

“We sat back after the Port Adelaide game and thought, ‘We’re not going to make it this year’ and had a pretty sole focus about trying to find out about some players. We realised the results weren’t probably going to go our way, but at least we had a focus about what we were trying to achieve,” Hardwick said.

“Mabior Chol, was he ready? No he wasn’t, we knew that, but it’s going to be a good stepping stone for Marbs to know what it takes to play the rigours of AFL footy.

“Callum Moore, exactly the same — have a taste boys, this is what it is. We think you’re going to be good players, you’re certainly not ready to play AFL footy at the minute but we think for us to go forward you guys have to take a big step forward.”

Hardwick said Richmond would be aggressive in trying to acquire new talent post-season.

“We’ve got to improve our list, improve our talent, there’s no doubt about that.

“It’s going to be a big off-season for us, we have to be players in that field.

“We will be active in the trade period but so will 17 other clubs are trying to do the same thing.

“We’ll put our best foot forward and try to get some quality players to the football club.”

But he said that wouldn’t involve trading out established stars.

“Those players, as far as I’m concerned, will be staying.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/9e1275cecc130c80aaa85e1a6b7aaeb9

Sack Dimma

Guess you missed the below point ?

Anyway back on topic. The reason I want Hardwick replaced is that this is the third year straight we have under prepared for an AFL season, hence we always are behind the eight ball in the win and loss collum. That is inexcusable imo and its not on all the assistant coaches but the main man himself. Also what has made me really worry is the game plan he has used this year, did not factor in the new rules and is exactly the same as last years.

No innovation means we stand still, stand still in the AFL and you end up on 8 wins

The above article states why Hardwick has to go.

He simply gave up; Tommy Hafey would be turning in his grave if he heard a Richmond coach say he gave up.

weren't posters here saying he should have after round 3-4?

Some damning quotes from his pressure tonight.

We have the worst kids in the league.

The worst gameplan in the league.

The worst coach in the league.

Fair dinkum, none of the young blokes are going to be stars. Markov got completely found out today. I like Chol but he is still a way off. Lennon and Conca? Sub par footballers.

Who are the shining young talent? Castagna goes ok. Won't be a star though.

Who else?? What a mess.

I'm not here to bag him.
Done a great job getting us up and about but he has had his time.
Thanks Dimma but it's time, has been for a while.
My focus is on the type of coach we need.
Some coaches have an over inflated reputation by way of circumstance.
Ross Lyon is a great example of somebody who has walked into two clubs and just taken over what others had built up and failed. Yet I bet people would fall over themselves to have him coach us.
Not here. I think we need a coach who has had a taste of building something but then been denied by an early pull of the trigger yet hungers for more.
Guys like Knights and Ratten come to mind. They aren't damaged goods and still have much to prove.
They have both shown the maturity to take a step back to assistant coaching to improve their skills and capabilities.
I think their time is now these two blokes.
Completely understand those who disagree but that's my opinion.

He needs to go because you don't go from making finals and pushing top 4 to where we are with basically the same list.

If he admits his gameplan is outdated and will change to the modern game, he should stay but unfortunately I don't think they see it.

I don't know if the coach is the problem.
Actually, I think he is the least of our problems.
I reckon he would be a good coach if he had adequate support.
I don't believe he has adequate support. How much do we spend on the rest of the football department (fitness, recruiting, psychological) compared with, say, Hawthorn or Geelong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if the coach is the problem.
Actually, I think he is the least of our problems.
I reckon he would be a good coach if he had adequate support.
I don't believe he has adequate support. How much do we spend on the rest of the football department (fitness, recruiting, psychological) compared with, say, Hawthorn or Geelong?
All this is true. Let down by poor recruiting, development,strength and conditioning, spending etc.
But still he is tied in with where we are and been there a long time.
The situation is cancerous and only a clean break will change that.

Goals kicked per quarter this year
0 goals in a quarter. -06 times
1 goals in a quarter - 14 times
2 goals in a quarter --19 times
3 goals in a quarter -- 23 times
4 goals in a quarter -- 15 times
5 goals in a quarter -- 08 times
6 goals in a quarter - 02 times
7 goals in a quarter -- 01 times
Very damming statistics. DIMMA MUST GO

Not even sure how we win a game let alone 8 based on that.

DH is a liar as there have been contradicting articles and press conferences to that article . Benny please act on this dire situation. He's let the club hit the floor.
RFC saved face in the last where they kicked 5goals to 3.
That was the most embarrassing part bc the Swan's stars were sitting on the bench laughing and carrying on.

Guess you missed the below point ?

Anyway back on topic. The reason I want Hardwick replaced is that this is the third year straight we have under prepared for an AFL season, hence we always are behind the eight ball in the win and loss collum. That is inexcusable imo and its not on all the assistant coaches but the main man himself. Also what has made me really worry is the game plan he has used this year, did not factor in the new rules and is exactly the same as last years.

No innovation means we stand still, stand still in the AFL and you end up on 8 wins
4 th year

2013 ... 22 home and away season