Dev coach - Jason akermanis
Reserve coach - tarkyn lockyer
Reserve assistants - Ferguson. Mcqualter
Newman
New football boss - neil Balme.
Also new fitness department
And new recruiting . Also we need Daley back as well

I'm not here to bag him.
Done a great job getting us up and about but he has had his time.
Thanks Dimma but it's time, has been for a while.
My focus is on the type of coach we need.
Some coaches have an over inflated reputation by way of circumstance.
Ross Lyon is a great example of somebody who has walked into two clubs and just taken over what others had built up and failed. Yet I bet people would fall over themselves to have him coach us.
Not here. I think we need a coach who has had a taste of building something but then been denied by an early pull of the trigger yet hungers for more.
Guys like Knights and Ratten come to mind. They aren't damaged goods and still have much to prove.
They have both shown the maturity to take a step back to assistant coaching to improve their skills and capabilities.
I think their time is now these two blokes.
Completely understand those who disagree but that's my opinion.
You would be surprised how many people would love to see one of them 2 but i wouldn't go against giving Mcrae a 2 year stint to see what he has.
As for dimma he was never a good coach as he has destroyed most players we have brought in and well never know if they were any good or not. He should have been gone after the 3rd year not 7th or 9th as they contracted him. Again other clubs didn't fall for his selling points in interviews but guess what he got it over us and been paying ever since.

If he has the balls to admit the current game plan and current player development methodology are wrong then that's the only way I can accept him not being sacked.

You don't encourage a dual Coleman to not kick goals!

You don't have to blood every single kid off the half back.

You do need to draft a ruckman every year even if its a rookie lister.

You don't play the corridor from wing to wing!

You need to develop a game plan that plays to your strengths, not just copies hawthorn.

In the review of the season, if hardwick says he wants to persist with that dreadful game plan, sorry but someone at the club should write a cheque and tell him DCM.

I stupidLy used to think DHs game plan just couldn't stand up in finals...well this year has clearly shown it no longer can stand up to ordinary scrutiny in a home and away season

Not if...but when he pisses off - we are going to need a priest to perform an exorcism at the club

So many players have been infected with Dimmatitis that I think they are beyond help...Sheds and Bellis may be too far gone

I worry for Markov, Dusty Lloyd...and Jacks sanity...we have so much more to lose than just paying this SHEISTER out

SACK HIM NOW

Guys like Knights and Ratten come to mind. They aren't damaged goods and still have much to prove.
They have both shown the maturity to take a step back to assistant coaching to improve their skills and capabilities.
I think their time is now these two blokes.

Completely understand those who disagree but that's my opinion.
you have my agreement.

Last edited:
All th other teams have worked out what dimma's game plan is... Have a floating defender at all times and push across th f50 to deny th switch from defence.. Pretty simple, but that's all that is required to stop us!!
I think change has been needed for quite some time, but nothing of significance will be changed, in the name of stability... Depressing really

If he has the balls to admit the current game plan and current player development methodology are wrong then that's the only way I can accept him not being sacked.

You don't encourage a dual Coleman to not kick goals!

You don't have to blood every single kid off the half back.

You do need to draft a ruckman every year even if its a rookie lister.

You don't play the corridor from wing to wing!

You need to develop a game plan that plays to your strengths, not just copies hawthorn.

In the review of the season, if hardwick says he wants to persist with that dreadful game plan, sorry but someone at the club should write a cheque and tell him DCM.
If a press conference is not announced this week then he is staying.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says he knew young players weren’t ready for AFL footy

DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond will be an active player in trade talks after admitting he gave up on making finals this season two months ago.

Hardwick said he had an eye to next year when he blooded youngsters such as Mabior Chol and Callum Moore, who were way out of their depth against the Swans.

Richmond saved some face with a five goal to three final quarter but still lost by a season-high 113 points, conceding 39 scoring shots to the rampant Swans including 11 to Lance Franklin (7.4).

It is the Tigers' fifth loss of 10 goals or more this season after recording none last year.

Over the last six rounds Richmond had one win (against Collingwood), five losses and a percentage of 55.04.

“We sat back after the Port Adelaide game and thought, ‘We’re not going to make it this year’ and had a pretty sole focus about trying to find out about some players. We realised the results weren’t probably going to go our way, but at least we had a focus about what we were trying to achieve,” Hardwick said.

“Mabior Chol, was he ready? No he wasn’t, we knew that, but it’s going to be a good stepping stone for Marbs to know what it takes to play the rigours of AFL footy.

“Callum Moore, exactly the same — have a taste boys, this is what it is. We think you’re going to be good players, you’re certainly not ready to play AFL footy at the minute but we think for us to go forward you guys have to take a big step forward.”

Hardwick said Richmond would be aggressive in trying to acquire new talent post-season.

“We’ve got to improve our list, improve our talent, there’s no doubt about that.

“It’s going to be a big off-season for us, we have to be players in that field.

“We will be active in the trade period but so will 17 other clubs are trying to do the same thing.

“We’ll put our best foot forward and try to get some quality players to the football club.”

But he said that wouldn’t involve trading out established stars.

“Those players, as far as I’m concerned, will be staying.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/9e1275cecc130c80aaa85e1a6b7aaeb9
Chaplin was the key to the 10 goals stat, our defence didnt leak last year

it will continue now that arseberry is there, he isnt fit to tie Troy's shoes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching his presser , walks in with a grin, 113 point loss and he grins, last dollar the club gets from me whilst this fraud is employed
I don't know if he's had some media training or what but the way he acts in the press conferences infuriates me.

The above article states why Hardwick has to go.

He simply gave up; Tommy Hafey would be turning in his grave if he heard a Richmond coach say he gave up.
To be balanced on that, he gave up on finals when we could no longer make them, then started playing a lot of youth, still the issue is with our overall style of play, lack of any great improvement in many players, inability to make timely adjustments during a game and the clubs propensity for handing out extended contracts for longer than what is in the clubs best interest.

Just watching his presser , walks in with a grin, 113 point loss and he grins, last dollar the club gets from me whilst this fraud is employed
Did you make it in far enough to see him joke about Hanneberry? FYI it was 10 seconds after he walked in.

Seriously, laughing and joking after that insipid display. * him.

Poll is back on. You can't merge an existing thread with a pool to this one. Poll disappears.
Serious question as i have NFI, why do new threads have to be started? is there a cap on posts?

Serious question as i have NFI, why do new threads have to be started? is there a cap on posts?
Yup. Got too big. Administration requests thread not exceeding x pages

Back