Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

And apparently Mason was also going to the Swans according to Barrett.
AFL "Journalism" = Just Make s**t Up.
I would prefer to believe people on BF.....

There should be site where all these calls are posted under each reporters name - would be a laugh to look back at.

Might stop them from making up bullshit

Shane Casley is great to listen to - straightforward. Just said on trade radio that Boomer hasn't decided - struggling with whether he could pull on a different AFL jumper - no clubs have asked to get him, and it is and has always been more likely that he will retire from AFL than play again.

Shane Casley is great to listen to - straightforward. Just said on trade radio that Boomer hasn't decided - struggling with whether he could pull on a different AFL jumper - no clubs have asked to get him, and it is and has always been more likely that he will retire from AFL than play again.

That would certainly help Boomer come to a decision.:oops:

so who told Barrett that Collingwood approached Boomer? What a disgrace to go on national Tv on Grand final footy show and say that he has an offer from Collingwood without triple checking.

Triple checking? Crikey, lucky if he confirms any bullshit rumours with one party involved.

With the dogs winning a flag and Geelong and Hawks needing to clear out some older players soon I cant see a competing Melbourne club that would want him.

Hes a star player no doubt but at his age and lack of defensive pressure he is an icing player only and the dogs proved they should stick with their youth while the Hawks and Cats faltered proving they need to regenerate a little more

Here is something that always puzzled me about Boomer.

He is supremely talented and we are always told his training and preparation are second to none.

That being the case, how come he never had a left foot? Imagine how many more goals he would have kicked if he didn't have to attempt a banana or to try and wheel around to his right. And he was found out when forced to his left in the general field of play.

I know it's like shooting Bambi but for a guy that was that skilled and worked that hard in his own time, he could have made large gains in his game by being dual sided.

I hope he focuses on this with Cooper.

He is supremely talented and we are always told his training and preparation are second to none.

That being the case, how come he never had a left foot? Imagine how many more goals he would have kicked if he didn't have to attempt a banana or to try and wheel around to his right. And he was found out when forced to his left in the general field of play.

I know it's like shooting Bambi but for a guy that was that skilled and worked that hard in his own time, he could have made large gains in his game by being dual sided.

Has always had the speed to make space for himself to use his right . I have seen him hit lace out passes on his left when been hemmed in .

My mums new special friend Karl said he used to work for the CIA as a body language expert. He reckons Buckley is lying and that Harvey will play for Collingwood. His expert opinion is 2 years at $400K per year.
I'm glad your mum's got a new special friend, roos rool. I don't reckon Terry was doing the right thing by her.

It is very rare for someone to be ambipedal, or to get their off-foot to be remotely as good as their natural foot. We practiced kicking opposite foot in the juniors and I was comfortable enough to go with my opposite foot during games, but not when under the pump. The speed of the game at AFL level is just too hot, you are generally much slower to execute with your off-side, most players struggle to execute with their preferred side.

Boomer hasn't had a lot of difficulties over the years getting around players and getting on his right foot, so he probably didn't invest the time into it that he might have if he wasn't as fast/agile as he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is very rare for someone to be ambipedal, or to get their off-foot to be remotely as good as their natural foot. We practiced kicking opposite foot in the juniors and I was comfortable enough to go with my opposite foot during games, but not when under the pump. The speed of the game at AFL level is just too hot, you are generally much slower to execute with your off-side, most players struggle to execute with their preferred side.

Boomer hasn't had a lot of difficulties over the years getting around players and getting on his right foot, so he probably didn't invest the time into it that he might have if he wasn't as fast/agile as he was.
Boomer was to busy selling candy

Have seen him hit targets with his left before no problems

Have seen him hit targets with his left before no problems

Not denying he can use it. Have seen him miss the goals completely when he had no other option but to go on his left.

My point is, that being such a driven footballer, I would have thought he would have worked on it to the point where he wouldn't need to try and baulk to get onto his right.

Imagine him naturally going to his non-preferred like Mitchell or Akermanis. Coupled with his speed and evasiveness, would have been unstoppable.

Boomer's kids don't even barrack for us anymore because of how he was treAted.

Potential F/S has asked his mum and dad for a Bulldogs membership next year.

Read that. If that is all it takes to change allegiances then that says a fair bit about the household. Time for Boomer to teach the kids that not everything goes your way all the time.

Boomer's kids dump Roos to support Dogs
Dinny Navaratnam
October 5, 2016 12:21 PM

459237-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Shayne Harvey with kids Cooper, Lacie and Hudson

THE FALLOUT from Brent Harvey's split with North Melbourne continues with Boomer's wife, Shayne, revealing the Harvey children have jumped on the Bulldogs' bandwagon.

North Melbourne told Harvey, 38, he would not receive a contract for 2017 in the days leading up to the Kangaroos' final home and away game of the season against Greater Western Sydney.

Drew Petrie, Michael Firrito and Nick Dal Santo were also informed they would not be playing on at the Roos.

While the children of the Harvey clan had been North supporters, Shayne Harvey told EON Sports Radio on Wednesday that is no longer the case.

"My 12-year-old (Cooper) and four-year-old (Hudson) have totally jumped on the bandwagon," she said.

"Cooper totally has jumped ship. He's asked for a membership for the Bulldogs.

"When Brent got sacked, he said 'Mum, can you go and get me a new jumper? I want a Bulldogs jumper'."

The family will be departing for a month-long trip to the US next week.

Harvey, the AFL all-time games record holder with 432, hasn't ruled out playing on in 2017 but his manager Shane Casley conceded on Monday that a move to another club is unlikely.

If Harvey doesn't play AFL, he will join North Heidelberg to play with his brother Shane.

He won't play outside Victoria because his 12-year-old son Cooper will begin year seven next season.

"He's ruled out going interstate. I've said I wouldn't mind going interstate," she said.

Boomer's kids don't even barrack for us anymore because of how he was treAted.

Potential F/S has asked his mum and dad for a Bulldogs membership next year.
"How he was treated" is not getting the answer he wanted. I get it, he (and everyone) had a huge emotional buildup over the past two seasons and lots of myth-making about how he could go on forever. So a huge let-down that the end came so quickly. And of course his immediate family feel it the most. That shouldn't be newsworthy - a kid wanting to jump on the premiership bandwagon on top of that disappointment certainly isn't.

Not going to judge while it's all still fresh.

Btw all jokes aside he is just a kid who likes footy and is pretty good for his age - long way from F/S AFL prospect. But every single father son had their dad cut/delisted/encouraged to retire at some point, and they all grew out of hating it being over.

Another example of the fact that AFL players are surrounded by people who don't give dispassionate advice. Is bitter about the delisting and will do anything to stay on the gravy train for another year.

Boomer's kids dump Roos to support Dogs
Dinny Navaratnam
October 5, 2016 12:21 PM

459237-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Shayne Harvey with kids Cooper, Lacie and Hudson

THE FALLOUT from Brent Harvey's split with North Melbourne continues with Boomer's wife, Shayne, revealing the Harvey children have jumped on the Bulldogs' bandwagon.

North Melbourne told Harvey, 38, he would not receive a contract for 2017 in the days leading up to the Kangaroos' final home and away game of the season against Greater Western Sydney.

Drew Petrie, Michael Firrito and Nick Dal Santo were also informed they would not be playing on at the Roos.

While the children of the Harvey clan had been North supporters, Shayne Harvey told EON Sports Radio on Wednesday that is no longer the case.

"My 12-year-old (Cooper) and four-year-old (Hudson) have totally jumped on the bandwagon," she said.

"Cooper totally has jumped ship. He's asked for a membership for the Bulldogs.

"When Brent got sacked, he said 'Mum, can you go and get me a new jumper? I want a Bulldogs jumper'."

The family will be departing for a month-long trip to the US next week.

Harvey, the AFL all-time games record holder with 432, hasn't ruled out playing on in 2017 but his manager Shane Casley conceded on Monday that a move to another club is unlikely.

If Harvey doesn't play AFL, he will join North Heidelberg to play with his brother Shane.

He won't play outside Victoria because his 12-year-old son Cooper will begin year seven next season.

"He's ruled out going interstate. I've said I wouldn't mind going interstate," she said.
******* kill me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back