General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me happier knowing Saints supporters regard the match as a lock. I think we can get up this time - assuming everyone has a decent preseason and no injuries or issues. Presumably Petracca won't be leaping about off script again in a hurry, and Brayshaw can surely get through more than 40 seconds of NAB without Hartlett or some other campaigner cleaning him up?

Also, wasn't it Newton who concussed Brayshaw kicking a ball in the back of his head in Casey? At least we've lost that problem.

Unreal.
The St Kilda board have marked this one down as a win already.
Massive op for us to start the season well and end some f****d up hoodoo's we've had for far too long.
I'd love nothing more than to beat those pr***s.
I dont blame them. I hope their players share the same attitude

Last edited:
The sense of entitlement I've read on demonland (And on here) about the etihad round 1 fixture is crap.

People want us to be a good team but can't stand us playing at etihad, good teams win at all stadiums. Etihad is a pretty good place to watch footy btw, I still prefer the G but I like etihad for neutral games (As we usually lose there so I don't care as much).

Similar thinking to mine. When I first heard the news I figured, well, if we're going to be a decent then they're a team we need to beat and that's a place we need to win at. And we get an opportunity to make a statement in round one.

Still can't stand the joint though.

On the balance of probabilities, saints are a lock for a round 1 win. It's up to our boys to remove the proverbial digit from the rectum.

This is a genuine question - how do you manage to use the there correctly in the same sentence as having incorrectly failed to use it? :p How does that happen
How do you correctly use a question mark once, and then not use it the second time you asked a question in the same post?

How do you correctly use a question mark once, and then not use it the second time you asked a question in the same post?
I've stopped ending online posts using punctuation. Apparently it makes you more likeable. Did consider the hypocrisy in this instance but stayed true

I've stopped ending online posts using punctuation. Apparently it makes you more likeable.

What's this bullshit? No wonder the English language is declining in its power of expression when forces like this are the agents of change. The average 20 year-old uses about half the vocabulary of a 20 year-old twenty years ago. God help us now that forums and social media are the future of language. As an aside: remember when it was cool to type emails in all lowercase letters? Now it's embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's this bullshit? No wonder the English language is declining in its power of expression when forces like this are the agents of change. The average 20 year-old uses about half the vocabulary of a 20 year-old twenty years ago. God help us now that forums and social media are the future of language. As an aside: remember when it was cool to type emails in all lowercase letters? Now it's embarrassing.
In my defence I was in the top percentile in the state for high school English and Lit + my degree is in it :p I don't make the rules, I just play by them

Then you'd know as well as anyone what happens when standards start to slip.

Ahhhh, the classic "english is terrible these days" rants that have come up every generation since before Shakespeare.

Everyone feels the English language should halt its evolution at precisely the point they learned it. <----- ending in punctuation = arsehole

Agree 100%. Was really disappointed to see this. Focus on winning this game not bitching about it. We win and the season looks really ******* promising. Change the perception of the past 10 years, it is up to Melbourne, not the AFL, fixturing or anything else.

Win more = get treated better is generally how it goes.

Yeah agree that we should win no matter what and when and where we play shouldnt have an impact on win or loss. However, scheduling is more than just winning and losing. It is about making money and drawing attention to certain teams.

The rule of winning more and getting treated better with scheduling is bull s**t (doesn't exist). Look at Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton.

The AFL screws us with scheduling every year. We hardly ever play big Melbourne teams as a home game. And yes they've given us home openers the last couple of years but they were against expansion teams. They go on and on about equalisation but they are full of s**t.

We are the only ones that know that we actually play exciting footy because we are never on at a decent TV time slot and we never will be because that is reserved for teams that are already big.

If we'd been a good club since '64 we would easily have the biggest supporter base in the league. Easily. We didn't need to win 12 flags in that period like the Hawks did but if we'd won a few entering and throughout a media age the Melbourne name and link to the MCC/MCG would have see us take top spot IMO.

If we'd been a good club since '64 we would easily have the biggest supporter base in the league. Easily. We didn't need to win 12 flags in that period like the Hawks did but if we'd won a few entering and throughout a media age the Melbourne name and link to the MCC/MCG would have see us take top spot IMO.
Agreed. Our success came at the wrong time, Hawthorns came during colour TV and an expanding competition, ways more exposure. If we had that we would be huge. Although i do feel at some times the sterotype comes into play and would put people off

Agreed... We're lucky to be getting the grandkids of the bandwagons from the 55-64 period. Not to mention that Melbourne always had a certain slice of society following them in those days.

But now, i think we'll need a Hawthorn/Geelong/Brisbane style domination period to get the new younger members. Is supporting Melbourne still a reason you get beaten up at school?

Agreed... We're lucky to be getting the grandkids of the bandwagons from the 55-64 period. Not to mention that Melbourne always had a certain slice of society following them in those days.

But now, i think we'll need a Hawthorn/Geelong/Brisbane style domination period to get the new younger members. Is supporting Melbourne still a reason you get beaten up at school?

There's about 6 Dees supporters in my kids school

They don't get beaten up but a fair bit of

raw

This is a genuine question - how do you manage to use the there correctly in the same sentence as having incorrectly failed to use it? :p How does that happen
Haha yeah that's appalling actually.
I can only assume I started writing the post as something else then didn't change the their to the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back