Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talked about on 6pr this morning and confirmed by Basil:

Under the new rights agreement Foxtel are permitted to nominate 6 games total for both WA and SA teams that Channel 7 must show on "significant delay".

"Significant Delay" means: 2 hours and 45 minutes.

There are 3 Eagles and 3 Dockers games, all away games, that they have picked.

I can remember two of ours.

Round 4 v Melbourne
Round 21 v Sydney

I think the other one was Round 8 v Richmond.

So unless you have Fox or Live Pass no live footy for these games for you!
WTF?
Away games on delay, what the fu*k are the AFL doing to the fans

Thats a f@cking joke

Was talked about on 6pr this morning and confirmed by Basil:

Under the new rights agreement Foxtel are permitted to nominate 6 games total for both WA and SA teams that Channel 7 must show on "significant delay".

"Significant Delay" means: 2 hours and 45 minutes.

There are 3 Eagles and 3 Dockers games, all away games, that they have picked.

I can remember two of ours.

Round 4 v Melbourne
Round 21 v Sydney

I think the other one was Round 8 v Richmond.

To the pub we go!

Blame channel 7. From what was quickly mentioned on the radio this was the deal they offered to Foxtel.

Ashley Browne speculating Rosich would be a perfect fit at Hawthorn as CEO...Do we get a draft pick for him?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-28/lethlean-to-replace-evans-freo-ceo-to-hawks

As impressive as Evans is and despite his strong Hawthorn pedigree, that hard-core project management experience might have counted against him. So if you're handicapping the field to be the next Hawthorn chief executive, why not start with Steve Rosich?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-28/lethlean-to-replace-evans-freo-ceo-to-hawks

Cue 2020 and Hawthorns new colours being Cerise and Turquoise!
Yeah typical vic reporting there,
rosich is good why wouldn't he want to leave fremantle and join hawthorn lol xD
meanwhile http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-01/freo-boss-steve-rosich-not-in-running-for-hawks-job

Ashley Browne didn't bother to do the most superficial research before printing on Tuesday what he effectively had to retract on Wednesday without apology.
Rosich is contracted to Freo 'til the end of 2019 and the contract specifies he cannot take on any other CEO role for the duration of the contract.Was never considering the Hawthorn job,which is what he said before either article was printed.
Ash is senior journo for the AFL.
FFS!

Ashley Browne didn't bother to do the most superficial research before printing on Tuesday what he effectively had to retract on Wednesday without apology.
Rosich is contracted to Freo 'til the end of 2019 and the contract specifies he cannot take on any other CEO role for the duration of the contract.Was never considering the Hawthorn job,which is what he said before either article was printed.
Ash is senior journo for the AFL.
FFS!

Crumpetface told him to run with it!

WTF?
Away games on delay, what the fu*k are the AFL doing to the fans

Thats a f@cking joke

You can watch every match live for free by opening an account with Crownbet and watching it on their website. It's free to join and you don't have to place any bets, ever.

You can watch every match live for free by opening an account with Crownbet and watching it on their website. It's free to join and you don't have to place any bets, ever.

That's a bit twisted. The AFL crack down on betting markets attached to AFL games on commercial T.V (including on Foxtel) ostensibly to protect the integrity of the game and the community but allow betting companies to have better access to the live games than commercial tv. Foot in both camps much?

wait really? what's the catch? is the stream garbage quality?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic fans don't even get half the games on delay...
You have 10 teams in Victoria, of course you can't have all your teams on

Since the beginning we have relied on FTA to provide the 11 away games of a year live due to not being able to attend, most Victorian teams would play something like 16 games in Victoria a year too, its a different prospect when you can just go to the game instead, hell even the travel to games is a lot cheaper then it would be for us WA fans to go to say a game in victoria or the gold coast.

Its a fu#king joke that the games aren't live for a two team town

I already have the telstra livepass for free due to being a mobile customer but the quality is nothing compared to actual tv, as well as this year the Crownbet and livepass are only allowed to be a standard phone screen size (about 6 inches)

the livepass is fine to make do watching other teams games but when i watch the Dockers i like to have the best quality possible on a bigger screen which has now been taken unless I fork out for Fox which I'm not currently in the position to do

this year the Crownbet and livepass are only allowed to be a standard phone screen size (about 6 inches)

Wow. Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea. Looks like it's back to Foxtel then. I agree the situation is dire. Was just wanting to help you out in case you were stuck.

Very sideways move, really makes no sense at all from a professional point of view.

I remember when Brian Cook left the Eagles as CEO after 9 seasons back in 1999 to go to Geelong. He was tipped to keep climbing the AFL corporate ladder over in Melbourne but stayed on as CEO with Geelong.

From The West this morning re Logue's non-selection in the JLT squad...

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon says the form of prized No.7 draft pick Griffin Logue has not warranted selection in the club’s opening two pre-season games.

Logue is one of only three players taken in the top 10 of last year’s national draft not to play in the JLT Community Series.

The others are Carlton’s Sam Petrevski-Seton, who is injured, as well as Gold Coast’s Jack Scrimshaw.

“The football he’s playing at the minute, he’s not going to be in our round-one team,” Lyon told Seven News.

“You’ve got to prioritise the minutes. Hopefully he might get a run in JLT three, but his form hasn’t warranted it.

“He’s got a lot to learn. If our members are listening, he was a rower up until he was about 16.

“What he is, he’s an athlete that burst on to the scene with great athleticism, but the intricacies of the game, his game sense, that’s the area which our recruiters identified he’s going to need some development.”

From The West this morning re Logue's non-selection in the JLT squad...

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon says the form of prized No.7 draft pick Griffin Logue has not warranted selection in the club’s opening two pre-season games.

Logue is one of only three players taken in the top 10 of last year’s national draft not to play in the JLT Community Series.

The others are Carlton’s Sam Petrevski-Seton, who is injured, as well as Gold Coast’s Jack Scrimshaw.

“The football he’s playing at the minute, he’s not going to be in our round-one team,” Lyon told Seven News.

“You’ve got to prioritise the minutes. Hopefully he might get a run in JLT three, but his form hasn’t warranted it.

“He’s got a lot to learn. If our members are listening, he was a rower up until he was about 16.

“What he is, he’s an athlete that burst on to the scene with great athleticism, but the intricacies of the game, his game sense, that’s the area which our recruiters identified he’s going to need some development.”

Sounds like a bit of a speculative pick then. He better learn the intricacies and develop some game sense otherwise it'll be another first round blunder by us. Others taken later are showing athleticism and game sense already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back