Movie Logan

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw it again this morning. Have to say the end doesn't pack as big of a punch upon a repeat viewing. This time around it was more "sad that after 17 years no more Hugh as Wolverine".

Had a fair few old people watching it....... no surprise that a number of them walked out disgusted at the violence. I don't think they did their research lol. Or they were expecting Les Miserables lol.

I felt that they were shoe horning a lot of the swearing in just because they could. You don't need to f bomb so frequently.

Kind of glad Hugh has not changed his mind on a Deadpool/Wolverine movie. RR would just use it as a vehicle for himself and s**t can Hugh every chance.

Also a campaigner was hogging the walkway of a section of seats (I always pre book and pick the seat I want). I walk into his bags on the floor, almost topple over and yet he attempts to go mad at me.

Just saw it, Loved it. Might be the best Superhero/action film of the year. Definetely one of the good Xmen films.

The scenes where the fat black kid is holding a Wolverine action figure at the end was super sad.
The marking of the grave with the X was a fabulous way to end Wolverine's story. Actually, going back and making a film with Xavier will probably cheapen the ending to this one as well.

Saw it again this morning. Have to say the end doesn't pack as big of a punch upon a repeat viewing. This time around it was more "sad that after 17 years no more Hugh as Wolverine".

Had a fair few old people watching it....... no surprise that a number of them walked out disgusted at the violence. I don't think they did their research lol. Or they were expecting Les Miserables lol.

I felt that they were shoe horning a lot of the swearing in just because they could. You don't need to f bomb so frequently.

Kind of glad Hugh has not changed his mind on a Deadpool/Wolverine movie. RR would just use it as a vehicle for himself and s**t can Hugh every chance.

Also a campaigner was hogging the walkway of a section of seats (I always pre book and pick the seat I want). I walk into his bags on the floor, almost topple over and yet he attempts to go mad at me.

There is always one or two campaigners in the cinema. Last Friday I went to see Kong with the ladyfriend and these two (not being racist, but simply describing) Lankans behind me would not shut up the whole time. I told them to zip it several times, and one of the clowns phone went off twice, and he answered both times. I couldn't believe how inconsiderate and farqing stupid some people are.

I've never been much of a fan of the X-Men series but I enjoyed this one. It felt more like a character driven action movie than a superhero/mutant movie. There was more for Jackman and Stewart to get their teeth into and they delivered. As they lose their super powers the audience can relate to them as humans. The plot was a fairly standard "chase the Macguffin" but it was well structured round some poignant scenes.

What a s**t movie. Heard some people say it is one of the best films so I went and saw it. I hate Marvel movies, firstly. But I gave it a chance and it was just typical crap. For that genre it's probably good to fans. But as a movie per se it didn't have any meat to it -- story, acting, layers of depth, thinking material
its a movie about mortality

What a s**t movie. Heard some people say it is one of the best films so I went and saw it. I hate Marvel movies, firstly. But I gave it a chance and it was just typical crap. For that genre it's probably good to fans. But as a movie per se it didn't have any meat to it -- story, acting, layers of depth, thinking material

why do you have marvel movies? DC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To answer you all...

I don't really get into bullshit fantasy like marvel, DC, and all those other types. Star wars is an exception of course ;) for reasons too long-winded for now.

So all these humans doing incredible non-human things is so lame. That immediately bores the s**t out of me.

The only exception too was the incredible hulk TV series because that was heartbreaking. Bill Bixby such a wondrous actor. Reminds me too much if my own life so it strikes a nerve.

As for Logan movie itself, that girl grunting so much thru it was annoying. Look there was no real character arc going on in that movie. Wolverine remains a grumpy gruff fellow thru out, omg he sacrificed himself for a daughter he barely knew for a couple days. Warms the cockles...not.

There was nothing really engaging about the story. I've seen these types of movies a million times, like The Accountant, John Wick, Jack Reacher, etc. A down and out tough guy who gets up and grunts his way thru relationships around him, theres a bunch of video game special effects and action. Whoopdee *ingg dooooooooo.

That reminds me, John wick, the accountant, jack Reacher....Hated them so much. Same formula. And just mince their way thru a billion enemies just like a video game. So little story, adventure....Like STAR WARS!!

What else can I say?

Will be interesting to see where Jackman goes from here as an actor now he's not doing the thing that's defined him. Hopefully more challenging roles like those seen in The Prestige and Prisoners. He has a great onscreen presence and it's also good when he portrays a sinister character.

To answer you all...

I don't really get into bullshit fantasy like marvel, DC, and all those other types. Star wars is an exception of course ;) for reasons too long-winded for now.

So all these humans doing incredible non-human things is so lame. That immediately bores the s**t out of me.

The only exception too was the incredible hulk TV series because that was heartbreaking. Bill Bixby such a wondrous actor. Reminds me too much if my own life so it strikes a nerve.

As for Logan movie itself, that girl grunting so much thru it was annoying. Look there was no real character arc going on in that movie. Wolverine remains a grumpy gruff fellow thru out, omg he sacrificed himself for a daughter he barely knew for a couple days. Warms the cockles...not.

There was nothing really engaging about the story. I've seen these types of movies a million times, like The Accountant, John Wick, Jack Reacher, etc. A down and out tough guy who gets up and grunts his way thru relationships around him, theres a bunch of video game special effects and action. Whoopdee *ingg dooooooooo.

That reminds me, John wick, the accountant, jack Reacher....Hated them so much. Same formula. And just mince their way thru a billion enemies just like a video game. So little story, adventure....Like STAR WARS!!

What else can I say?
At least when superheros do stupid superhero stuff you have the super powers suspension of disbelief
All those other movies and many others *cough* Indy 4 *cough* have normal people doing superhero stuff without superpowers
They're the real bullshit movies

You have just bagged a bunch of really good movies. The character arc is the same. Emotionally disconnected, intelligent, tough guy finds something that in his life that he cares about. This happens within 2 hours movie time. in the midst of a bunch of kick-ass action.

What else can I say?
Nothing. Shut up. You are just attention seeking as usual.

Will be interesting to see where Jackman goes from here as an actor now he's not doing the thing that's defined him. Hopefully more challenging roles like those seen in The Prestige and Prisoners. He has a great onscreen presence and it's also good when he portrays a sinister character.

Prisoners was a cracker.

Speaks volumes for a guy that comes across as the most relaxed, fun, knockabout guy can nail these darkish roles.

Surprised at this. This film isn't for everyone and all are entitled to an opinion, but I haven't heard the acting criticized as yet.

I thought Jackman, and in particular the amazing Sir Patrick Stewart, were magnificent in this.

really?

why do you watch those types of movies if you know you'll hate it?

Surprised at this. This film isn't for everyone and all are entitled to an opinion, but I haven't heard the acting criticized as yet.

I thought Jackman, and in particular the amazing Sir Patrick Stewart, were magnificent in this.

Patrick Stewart aside. Jackman is a good actor, but in this he doesn't do much but just act gruff and grumpy thruout, his American accent sucks too. There was no range to him in this movie.

Unfortunately.

why do you watch those types of movies if you know you'll hate it?
I love watching movies....good or bad. I'll eat them up.

Looks like you're not a fan of comic book movies so I'll ask you, are the latest Star Wars movies better than the original 3?
Or course they're not better. The Force Awakens is like ranked maybe 6/7 or 7/7. Rogue One had a number of great elements, but also had a number of terrible aspects to it. More enjoyable than TFA tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back