Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, he's been really good this year. Would be in the top few in the B&F at this stage.

But I still think he has more offensive weapons and is a bit below what is needed in a one-on-one defender. Wing?

I'd like him to get a tad faster which'll enable him to regain his run and bounce conclude with a goal mojo back.

It's all very simplistic me saying this.

He was genuinely great towards the end of last year as well, and has had probably his best start to a year. I reckon Fishy's back, and it's taking this board a bit longer than usual to catch on ;)

Was the most confident I'd seen him play last night.

Yeah, he's been really good this year. Would be in the top few in the B&F at this stage.

But I still think he has more offensive weapons and is a bit below what is needed in a one-on-one defender. Wing?

Exactly the feeling many have with JMac. Our two future wingers may be JMac and Fishy, and I mean attacking wingers rather than fall back extra defender type wingers.

Exactly the feeling many have with JMac. Our two future wingers may be JMac and Fishy, and I mean attacking wingers rather than fall back extra defender type wingers.

Watching as an outsider, I feel Shaun Atley should be a wingman instead of Macmillan.

I just don't see it with Macmillan and have never seen him other than beige without a standout feature of his game.
Atley at least can run turning it into a sprint while Azza has that left peg.

Have Atley on one wing, Azza on the other and get someone like Hibberd or Durdin developing into a backman.
Atley should be higher than where he is as, compared to him being on a wing and excelling at it from what I've seen, an unqualified backman.

I seriously would like to see Az try to become a wingman and, if possible, a midfielder.

BTW, good to see Azza hit 70 games as I didn't think he'd get one game due to the promotion and constant playing of Pedersen (another Barker boy) and Keys Delaney with Pedersen being better than Keys I always thought.

Sorry for this ramble but more thoughts and opinions entered my head.

Slightly off-topic but I still see it a privilege watching Azza play on TV.
Still feel like I'm watching a kick to kick session at recess or lunch.

I always remember at school wanting to say I went to school with a VFL/AFL player and, in Mullett, I can tell North Melbourne fans I did.

Even back at school his left foot was penetrating and straight and he could kick a decent torp as well.

Even shared the same form for a semester in Year 9.

I just want him to take a specky and I'll feel content with Mullett's career so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off-topic but I still see it a privilege watching Azza play on TV.
Still feel like I'm watching a kick to kick session at recess or lunch.

I always remember at school wanting to say I went to school with a VFL/AFL player and, in Mullett, I can tell North Melbourne fans I did.

Even back at school his left foot was penetrating and straight and he could kick a decent torp as well.

Even shared the same form for a semester in Year 9.

I just want him to take a specky and I'll feel content with Mullett's career so far.
So are you the one who told him to get s**t tats all the way back in year 9? :p

So are you the one who told him to get s**t tats all the way back in year 9? :p

That's the ******* Sheep mentality of my age group.

Dayne Beams created a monster and not Mullett.

All sleeve tattoos look shithouse.

Really liked his season so far. Looked the most confident and at home that I've seen in his entire time at North. Is a valuable player for us now.

After finishing off last season well also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back