Club History Port Adelaide games at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't it our home ground for a season or two in the sanfl?

I thought there was a council dispute at Alberton and we moved?

You should only include home games(pre season, season, finals).
Has more meaning that way I think.

Excluding war time games, pre season games and exhibition matches and SANFL games from 1997 (seconds)...

Port Adelaide's senior team has played 625 games for 357 wins at Adelaide Oval, 129 games being finals.

This week will be our 626th game for our senior team outside war, preseason and exhibition matches.

Last edited:
Excluding war time games, pre season games and exhibition matches and SANFL games from 1997 (seconds)...

Port Adelaide's senior team has played 625 games for 357 wins at Adelaide Oval, 129 games being finals.

This week will be our 626th game for our senior team outside war and exhibition matches.
wow so there was over 40 games that were not recorded on the websites I went on.

This week will be our 626th game for our senior team outside war and exhibition matches.
Where did you get your stats from?

From The SA Register. Friday May 25 1877. I assume the volunteers are using TROVE. ...
I suspect they are, I am not one of the volunteers but I should be seeing one of them on the weekend so I will ask.

... Mr. J. A. Rann was captain of the pinks and Mr. C. Wells of the blues. ...
I've a couple of friends that play for the pink team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been helping with old game records.
Ok thanks for that. Are you also helping to reconcile teams we put on the park and games played by the players? When I spoke to the club a few years I was told that there was a lot of work to do to reconcile things. Are you guys close to finishing all the 19th and century stuff? Also spoke to Mark from ThePowerFromPort around 2008 or 2009 and he said there was a bloody lot of work to do.

When I saw some stats many many moons ago it looked like the break down between home, away and finals games was in the order of 3:2:1

Ok thanks for that. Are you also helping to reconcile teams we put on the park and games played by the players? When I spoke to the club a few years I was told that there was a lot of work to do to reconcile things. Are you guys close to finishing all the 19th and century stuff? Also spoke to Mark from ThePowerFromPort around 2008 or 2009 and he said there was a bloody lot of work to do.

When I saw some stats many many moons ago it looked like the break down between home, away and finals games was in the order of 3:2:1
Haha yeah I'm working on the 19th century, so three decades.

Not many games per season but slightly harder to comprehend and compile names as team sheets were sporadic.

I'm a bit slow with work but have been trying to forge ahead lately. Done 17 seasons so far.

Haha yeah I'm working on the 19th century, so three decades.

Not many games per season but slightly harder to comprehend and compile names as team sheets were sporadic.

I'm a bit slow with work but have been trying to forge ahead lately. Done 17 seasons so far.
Well done so far. Are you getting any help from others? Do you have access to any of John Wood's or John Sincock's old records? Ern Koloschke (spelling) was the official SANFL statistician from about 1968 to 1990. He probably had some decent records on the early stuff.

Well done so far. Are you getting any help from others? Do you have access to any of John Wood's or John Sincock's old records? Ern Koloschke (spelling) was the official SANFL statistician from about 1968 to 1990. He probably had some decent records on the early stuff.
The club has pretty good records and I'm basically filling in the gaps.

I'd say in the range of +-2
Also if possible, can we get a breakdown of how many SAFA, Champions of Australia, SAFL, Pre-WWII SANFL, Post-WWII SANFL/Pre-AFL Entry & AFL games there were?

Just curious to see how far off each figure on the other page was.

Also if possible, can we get a breakdown of how many SAFA, Champions of Australia, SAFL, Pre-WWII SANFL, Post-WWII SANFL/Pre-AFL Entry & AFL games there were?

Just curious to see how far off each figure on the other page was.
SAFA/SAFL/SANFL/SANFOOL are all the same. Just rebrands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back