Has big footy increased your dislike/bitterness towards other clubs?

Has Big Footy made you:

• More bitter?

Votes: 113 70.6%
  • Less bitter?

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • About the same?

Votes: 41 25.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask your parents, who are no doubt Port Supporters. I dont think you predate the Power franchuse so I get it. Hating Port was as common as raping and pillaging in England 1,000 years ago, everyone was doing it.

Haha both my parents were pretty indifferent to AFL/from overseas. Everyone I talk to > 35 either loves or hates us. I dig it.

Oh my yes. I now find Richmond, Carlton, Melbourne insufferable. Beforehand I didn't realize they saw themselves up there with the better clubs. Not to mention they rate some of their players above Selwood lol.

It's a fair question OP,

Predominantly BigFooty is another avenue for folk who love the game to be involved in banter with opposition supporters. BigFooty hasn't changed the way I view other teams however I don't paint opposition supporters with the same brush. It's typically the minority who carry on like twits on BigFooty who give the rest a bad name.

I think sometimes one single vocal poster can turn the tide on their own.

I reckon ManOfClay has gotten alot of clubs like St Kilda, North, Melbourne and Essendon on the dog's bandwagon.

It is a bit of a shame how much effect 4 or 5 pr!cks can have on a whole club's reputation. Especially given that type of person is likely to post relentlessly.

The Saints are a great example. They have some terrible posters. We all know who they are. But 99% of their supporters on BF are completely reasonable, and are just given a bad name by that handful. I just try to bear that in mind. (And yes, I know the Dogs have a few too!)

I am fairly new to Big footy and not an avid poster by any stretch, but over the last year or two, I have often jumped on to have a read.

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I have found that my dislike or bitterness towards other clubs has increased tenfold due to reading comments on BF.

Before I came to bigfooty, there were only a couple teams I truly didn't like. Conversely, there were teams that I really enjoyed watching play and didn't mind them succeeding.

However, due to arrogant or asanine comments from supporters on BF, I find that the list of teams I dislike has increased by a fair bit. I also feel that I am more vindictive, wanting teams to fail just for these supporters to their just deserts.

I know that every team (including Geelong) has supporters which they probably wish they didn't, and the ones making these comments are the minority, but I cannot seem to seperate the comments of the some of the supporters from the team itself.

I guess what i am asking is whether anyone else has found the same? Are you more bitter, less bitter or about the same towards other teams since becoming a Bigfooty reader?

personally, I like 17 out of 18 clubs and even coming around on the dons post the drugs

Makes me feel good inside when I have a nice interaction with someone who supports a team I hate.

And there's nowt much better than when we all come together to give someone/thing s**t as one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bit of a shame how much effect 4 or 5 pr!cks can have on a whole club's reputation. Especially given that type of person is likely to post relentlessly.

The Saints are a great example. They have some terrible posters. We all know who they are. But 99% of their supporters on BF are completely reasonable, and are just given a bad name by that handful. I just try to bear that in mind. (And yes, I know the Dogs have a few too!)

We all have some stinkers...

Theres a number of posters from other clubs that are good value, funny, informative. Mostly ignore the rest.

I do like trolling saints games though, the umpire conspiracy confirmed crowd is mostly there and its fun.

It hasn't changed my opinion of clubs per se, but their fanbases, yes.

Growing up, my best mate and his family supported North, so if anything they were my second team...but the North fans on BF are, pound for pound, easily the biggest flogs around, so I confess I don't mind the idea of the clubs losing just to upset them.

Yes, I know Richmond has it's share of flogs, and in total I can see how some might say we're even worse (I'd disagree, but whatever...), but as individuals...there really is no comparison.

personally, I like 17 out of 18 clubs and even coming around on the dons post the drugs

I like 16/18 clubs usually....the exceptions being Richmond (Usually love, but there are exceptions) and whoever we're playing this week.

Ask your parents, who are no doubt Port Supporters. I dont think you predate the Power franchuse so I get it. Hating Port was as common as raping and pillaging in England 1,000 years ago, everyone was doing it.
Supporters of SANFL minnows using terms like "Power franchise" while their hatred stretches back god knows how long & somehow they end up on the bandwagon of some AFL House invention... things that make you go hmmm

It did make me more bitter at the start. But I think once you've been around a while you see all teams go through the different stages of an annoying Bigfooty fanbase. At that point, the things that used to get under your skin becomes white noise and you start to take things in a way that's a bit more light hearted.

It hasn't made me more or less bitter, but it has probably shuffled the bitterness around a bit. Aaron Black for Josh Gibson was never a 'steal' for you, ya North Melbourne supporting w***ers.

Last edited:
Back