Has big footy increased your dislike/bitterness towards other clubs?

Has Big Footy made you:

• More bitter?

Votes: 113 70.6%
  • Less bitter?

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • About the same?

Votes: 41 25.6%

Supporters of SANFL minnows using terms like "Power franchise" while their hatred stretches back god knows how long & somehow they end up on the bandwagon of some AFL House invention... things that make you go hmmm
Odd thing is you think Port Power isn't an AFL franchise. But ok

My hate for the bulldogs was through the roof at the end of last year/start of this year, but most of them are pretty cool so I don't mind them so much now. As for Carlton and North though, them and Essendon would be the three sides I enjoy beating the most largely thanks to BigFooty.

Having lost two recent Grand Finals I have actually found that Hawthorn fans are far far far more classy than Western Bulldogs fans. Every loss the Swans have you can usually find a few Bulldogs fans coming onto the Swans board in an effort to sink the boot in. Hawthorn fans don't do that.
Just a thought- not disagreeing but curious, do you think maybe that because you won the 2012 grand final against the Hawks before losing to Hawthorn two year later that this may have affected the thinking a little? Also, there wasn't a lot of magnanimous gracious losing from the Swans posters on here after the grand final (just as Doggies weren't always the most gracious winners) which has caused a bit of angst between supporters of the two clubs.

I am not sure to be honest but I do get annoyed when Bulldogs fans come onto the Swans board just to put the boot in after the Swans lose, or if a Swans fan is upset with the umpiring on th main board you can bet that a Bulldogs fan will respond to it almost immediately in a snarky way even though what the Swans fan is talking about has nothing to do with the Bulldogs.

I could be forgetting, but I don't recall Hawthorn fans being so confrontational and deliberately s**t stirring after 2014 like Bulldogs fans did in 2016. I get Bulldogs fans are happy they won, but there is such a thing as being a good winner as well as being a good loser.

Good thread.
I'm not in Oz so my interaction with footy fans is largely on here.
BF has increased my dislike for some clubs and reduced my dislike for others.
Before BF, I didn't mind Richmond and the Dogs, 2 inner Melbourne teams who haven't really had much recent success, like North, so they were relateable. Over the last couple of years though, I've found quite a few posters from both teams to be flogs. Not all posters, just some. I'm sure they'd say the same of me, so fair enough.
Some Freo fans as well to a lesser extent, but they haven't been as bad in the recent Rosteoporosis era.
Conversely, before BF I didn't like Collingwood or Carlton, but my time on BF has me thinking that they're alright, decent posters on the whole and I can't recall any annoying flogs who I've butted heads with.

For a team that's won 4 flags in 8 years, I reckon Hawks fans in general have carried themselves well. I don't dislike them based on my BF experience.
Cats to a lesser extent with their recent success, there are a couple of posters who have influenced my opinion on their team and not in a positive way.

I am not sure to be honest but I do get annoyed when Bulldogs fans come onto the Swans board just to put the boot in after the Swans lose, or if a Swans fan is upset with the umpiring on th main board you can bet that a Bulldogs fan will respond to it almost immediately in a snarky way even though what the Swans fan is talking about has nothing to do with the Bulldogs.

I could be forgetting, but I don't recall Hawthorn fans being so confrontational and deliberately s**t stirring after 2014 like Bulldogs fans did in 2016. I get Bulldogs fans are happy they won, but there is such a thing as being a good winner as well as being a good loser.
Actually I recall some Hawks supporters being pretty bloody painful.

But it would have been very tempting for them. We were MIA in 2014.

Last year we were right in it up til the last few mins. I still didn't mind Dogs fans getting a little cocky; my gripe is more with the wider football community and the media since, getting so smitten by the Dogs' fairytale that they have totally erased their 2016 GF opponents out of the memory banks. It was one of the great grand finals, there were actually two teams in it, not just one, and despite the heartbreak of losing, I was very proud of my team's effort.

A little gloating is to be expected from supporters of teams on the top. Most are reasonable and some of the banter is hilarious.

That is until you come across Essendon supporters, who for the most part, seem to have suffered through a messy breakup with reality.

North Melbourne.

Before bigfooty, they were just another team

Yep.

I don't think it's changed my overall view as such, but just trying to think of clubs where my real life supporter interactions differ from the ones I have on here.

North are the only ones that stand out. I know a few North supporters and they don't particularly care about Essendon more or less than any other club. On here, lots of North supporters seem really emotional about Essendon.

Only other thing I've seen from here is how rabidly anti-Victorian WA posters are in general. In real life, I haven't encountered that, and I've dealt with a lot of sandgropers through work.

Certainly.

A number of teams losing is good for the lols that are had looking at their boards - Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond especially
Cocky fans - Bulldogs
Plugger because of his moral victories I like it when St Kilda is shafted by the umps

Saints...

Every team has their share of fwits, but we just seem to work harder to put everyone offside... (I include myself in the list).
To the point that I am trying to convince myself that some "supporters" must actually be alias accounts.

There are of course some quality St Kilda posters. (I don't include myself in this list).

And I don't know what to think of Plugger35 anymore.
There is no Saints fan on bigfooty who fronts up and takes their lumps more than Plug. And It's amazing how many Jimmies he can rustle.

But... Saints fans can no longer even hint at questioning an umpire decision anymore, because of him.

So * you Plugger35, you marvelous bastard.

Interesting topic and a good OP.
I'd have to say it has significantly. I'm not that long on BF and the club I have always disliked is Port Adelaide. This goes back prior to the Power franchise and wouldn't have expected it to change over my lifetime.
It has though and the online interactions with supporters and strangely Crows supporters have brought me to the view that the future for SA is 2 AFL clubs and it's time to move on.

The negative side is I've developed a real contempt for the Bulldogs as a club. It started after our round 9 2016 clash when we were swamoed buly Bulldogs supporters insisting they should have won byut for injuries when we'd lost 2 key defenders in the first qtr and won the game 2 rotations down for the overwhelming majority of the game.
It was strengthened after the PF when we were invaded by bragging Buĺldogs on our board and it required admin intervention.
It's also personal observation and interactions with their supporters during and after the PF and again after our Canberra game this year though. I have not witnessed that kind of unapologetic disgraceful behaviour from any other club. I am always at Spotless and have attended Canberra, Adelaide and Hobart this year so have some perspective.
I kind of get the hate from them and am not particularly bothered. It reminds me of watching a silky terrier bullying a staffy pup years ago and thinking you'll have many years to regret that given they had the same owner and would always share the same space.
I will go to the return match at Etthiad this year but have very low expectation of their supporters.

Lol please introduce yourself if love to have a chat to with you

That is if you haven't changed teams again by then

Clubs specifically? No.

Human beings generally? Yes.
Totally.

The venom that came out for Adam Goodes, who strikes me as nothing but a thoroughly decent human being, was quite astounding. (And, no, if you think he's a tosser, I don't care to resuscitate that particular "debate", so bugger off).

(Meanwhile another great player, who took part in bashing a man to the point of permanent brain damage, and welshed on one of the compo payments to boot, is an all-around top bloke, according to many posters. Go figure.)

I didn't like Geelong, Essendon and Hawthorn pre-bigfooty. I know some lovely Richmond supporters in real life but jeez their posters on here (With a few exceptions like Ron The Bear Gosha and 1980GFVideo ) have given me a new found hate for them. I've grown to dislike the Eagles a lot in the last few years too but that isn't BF related.

On the other hand I like Freo and the Saints a lot more due to this site. Freo and Pies fans are probably the most reasonable on here.

Certainly.

A number of teams losing is good for the lols that are had looking at their boards - Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond especially
Cocky fans - Bulldogs
Plugger because of his moral victories I like it when St Kilda is shafted by the umps

You would have read some beauties on our board, mainly from me.

Have always hated North, somebody on a different board posted an article and video of there old CEO(?) at the time through the 90s think it was Ansett, who basically said anybody who can't sustain (Financially) themselves within the AFL should not be in the AFL, taking aim at my beloved Tigers when we were going through the save our skins days, ever since then they've I've despised them more then I've hated our traditional rivals, but since joining BF and having conversed and seem some of the trash that s**t club posts has only enhanced my hatred towards them, biggest bunch of povo freeloaders in the AFL and how the tables have turned.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

If you dislike teams based on their main board/gameday contributors, you'll pretty much end up hating everyone.

Reading the team boards (except after a melty loss) IMO shows that most footy fans are pretty objective and even good humoured and outside the footy boards it's pretty irrelevant.

Bigfooty has def made me more bitter towards certain fans.
Mainly Bulldogs and Richmond.
I think both sides have some flogs on here.
The lead up to the 2015 finals was interesting.
Tigers supporters booking flights to Sydney before even playing us.
Calling it a 10 goal flogging due to their class.

Dogs supporters havent been so graceful during their time in the sun.
I find a lot of them to be arrogant posters.

I used to think Essendon as well.
We had some heated banter threads.
However with their two years of being uncompetitive i don't feel much for them at all.
Just sort of indifferent about them.

All bigfootys shown me is each club has bitches and melters but it has shown me certain clubs have bigger bitches than others. North is probably the worst as the majority of their fans like to be big baby sooks and Adelaide are up there too.

Port is winning the bitches stakes. After Thursday the amount of melting was and still is incredible.
You would think Port was the only team to ever get beaten by 10 in the free kick count. The 'bad' calls weren't anywhere near the worst ever. The Gray decisions were reasonable and Dixon took too long yet it was the umpires fault. Wtf!
Amazing insight into Port's supporter base.

Yes. My dislike and bitterness towards Geelong has increased significantly since 2015. We had to put up with their arrogant fans invading our board, telling us how we wouldn't match/would get peanuts for Dangerfield, and then once they did get him for peanuts, that just wasn't enough for them and they felt the need to take a crap on the rest of our playing list and tell us how we would be bottom of the ladder in 2016.

Excluding the obvious Port, most other clubs fans on here are so-so. I found some Hawthorn fans to be condescending after the many times they have beaten us since I joined, but other than that, most other posters are fairly reasonable.

Now I don't remember doing that myself but your fans were so ridiculously naive and strong in your opinion.
You can't be wrong and attack the people who are trying to open up your eyes. You should be upset with yourselves for being naive and arrogant at the same time.

Teams and fans i like:

Hawks (They deserve to be a little cocky)
Saints (Generally an honest group of fans starved of ultimate success)
GWS
Collingwood (Suprisingly they arent to bad on here)
Carlton (Ditto)
Melbourne (Probably helps they havent beaten us in 11 years)

Ok but kinda annoying at times

West Coast (Used to s**t me to tears but the banter lately has been funny)

Indifferent:

Freo (Just a bit of a weird side)
Essendon (Dont evoke the fear factor they once had when we played them)
Gold Coast (Dont have much of a fan presence on here)
Brisbane (Ok supporters)

Enjoying seeing lose

Bulldogs (free kicks, robbo and gerard, bob & the fans)
Tigers (Done nothing in 40 years but the fans have a massive chip on their shoulder)

I hated West Coast before I joined BF in 2007 (well we had just lost two prelims to them). Their posters have always seemed pretty reasonable though, and they showed class towards us in the aftermath of the Walsh tragedy.

Never had a problem with Geelong before, but their posters are generally pretty unpleasant. They even made one of the worst ones a mod (Go Catters).

BigFooty changes a man.

That said though there was nothing more glorious than attempting to log into BigFooty after Sam Kerridge ripped apart North Melbourne a few years back. This place was insane when it finally was working.