Roast Why do so called experts continually underrate Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are being a bit defensive. Pendles has been ranked very highly throughout his career. He was a little off his best in 2015-16 so didn't make AA. That was a correct call for mine. At the moment he would be on the fringe of selection for AA this year so the 2nd half of the year will dictate where he ends
I see what you're saying. I still think he's been unlucky the last couple of years though. But i can't see how he would miss a vic state of origin side

I guess my question for those that don't agree with the views of the people that selected the team is why do you care? We don't support the Scott Pendlebury football club and whilst individual accolades are nice to reflect on post career they have no tangible impact on our support of the Collingwood football club.

I'm not denying your right to be frustrated with it just highlighting that it really is wasted energy, IMO.

His stats the last 2 years when he didn't get picked for AA weren't much different to when he got picked the years before that. Considering Selwood got picked as the AA captain ffs and he didn't really have that good of a year. It's simple for me. Pendles is still underrated. He is underrated while everyone is blowing smoke up Bontempellis arse.

Just offloaded a gorilla on him to win it.
One thing we do know, with all your gorillas, there is only a remote chance they could ever become extinct

I guess my question for those that don't agree with the views of the people that selected the team is why do you care? We don't support the Scott Pendlebury football club and whilst individual accolades are nice to reflect on post career they have no tangible impact on our support of the Collingwood football club.

I'm not denying your right to be frustrated with it just highlighting that it really is wasted energy, IMO.
Obviously its a waste of energy. I just get sick of bolters from other clubs getting all the media recognition when our captain performs to an even higher standard week in week out.

You're right that we don't support the Scott Pendlebury Football Club. But watching Pendles is one of the great pleasures of being a Collingwood supporter so its hard not to feel invested in his personal successes.

Obviously its a waste of energy. I just get sick of bolters from other clubs getting all the media recognition when our captain performs to an even higher standard week in week out.

You're right that we don't support the Scott Pendlebury Football Club. But watching Pendles is one of the great pleasures of being a Collingwood supporter so its hard not to feel invested in his personal successes.
Personally I'd have him as AA captain.
Worthy based on his form and as captain is a gift often bestowed for the full body of career work.

My question to you scodog is why do you care that we care? It's just something to share opinions on and discuss like everything else on bigfooty. And what do you mean by 'wasted energy' if you mean it doesn't change anything that's also like everything else on bigfooty. But as far as wasted energy I've got a kick out of everyone elses views on the topic so i don't feel my energy has been wasted.

Guaranteed that Selwood gets into AA team and gets captain and Pendles wont make it again. Bookmark this.
No doubt you will be right.

If they were in opposite teams, it would be the other way around.

And the name Duckwood would be used far more strongly too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean he's underrated? I mean looking over the team and Gaff's the only one that stands out to me as an error. Sometimes those bolters are deserving of the accolades!

We all get that enjoyment out of watching him strut his stuff for our club, but I just feel that being invested in his personal success is a little OTT. I understand my view isn't for everyone though and I asked the question so I won't argue the point.

Oh and ofcourse they used Pendlebury missing out and his picture to help the link get traction.

What turds

My question to you scodog is why do you care that we care? It's just something to share opinions on and discuss like everything else on bigfooty. And what do you mean by 'wasted energy' if you mean it doesn't change anything that's also like everything else on bigfooty. But as far as wasted energy I've got a kick out of everyone elses views on the topic so i don't feel my energy has been wasted.

Oh I don't care that you care at all TBH. I asked the question to gain a better understanding of why people would that's all like I said I'm not going to deny your POV. At least Mk was able to answer it in an instructive manner.

In terms of wasted energy it's in relation to the above you aren't really growing your football knowledge with the discussion because we all know people rate players differently. Perhaps if you asked whether Pendles can improve his game to prevent being underrated it isn't a waste of energy?

Bigfooty is a wealth of knowledge if you ask the right questions and get involved in the right discussions there's plenty to learn so you're wrong not everything is wasted time on here! I wonder whether your employer would consider it wasted energy...

People saying it doesn't matter are probably right. But I'd like to be able to tell my son that I got to enjoy watching Pendlebury, a 12 time All Australian, instead of a 5 time!

So I'd say it does matter, but maybe that's just me.

Exactly. It's like you say LeBron is a 13 time All star and 11 time First Team. It adds to their resume. But don't worry Bontempelli will get to 12 easily. Bloke only has to touch it a dozen times to get talked up.

Oh I don't care that you care at all TBH. I asked the question to gain a better understanding of why people would that's all like I said I'm not going to deny your POV. At least Mk was able to answer it in an instructive manner.

In terms of wasted energy it's in relation to the above you aren't really growing your football knowledge with the discussion because we all know people rate players differently. Perhaps if you asked whether Pendles can improve his game to prevent being underrated it isn't a waste of energy?

Bigfooty is a wealth of knowledge if you ask the right questions and get involved in the right discussions there's plenty to learn so you're wrong not everything is wasted time on here! I wonder whether your employer would consider it wasted energy...
Fact that you asked the question for whatever reason means you wanted an answer which means you do care on some level. I never said everything was wasted time anywhere i said nothing changes anything. I was saying quite the opposite of what you're implying. What i was saying was we can talk, comment on and share our opinion on whatever we like on bigfooty. We dont need anyone to tell us when we are wasting our energy. Because as long as the poster is not malicious and gets something for themself out of their time then there is no time wasted.

Fact that you asked the question for whatever reason means you wanted an answer which means you do care on some level. I never said everything was wasted time anywhere i said nothing changes anything. I was saying quite the opposite of what you're implying. What i was saying was we can talk, comment on and share our opinion on whatever we like on bigfooty. We dont need anyone to tell us when we are wasting our energy. Because as long as the poster is not malicious and gets something for themself out of their time then there is no time wasted.

I don't care that you care. I asked the question to understand why you care that's all it's not rocket science! I'm losing brain cells with each exchange in this discussion so best of luck with your view. The below sums it up nicely though.

People I've never heard of don't rate Scott Pendlebury? I'm so outraged!!! :mad:

His stats the last 2 years when he didn't get picked for AA weren't much different to when he got picked the years before that. Considering Selwood got picked as the AA captain ffs and he didn't really have that good of a year. It's simple for me. Pendles is still underrated. He is underrated while everyone is blowing smoke up Bontempellis arse.
Selwood even making the team was a shock, let alone being made captain. There were so many others who'd had better years than him who missed out completely it was just an indictment on the 'selectors'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back