Roast Why do so called experts continually underrate Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that raises an interesting one that cannot be answered yet - Buckley or Pendlebury?

It's a very very hard one. I'd probably go Buckley, just.

This year the if I was going to have a starting midfield, it'd be Pendles, Sloane, Dangerfield. The ruckman? Not sure, but Grundy would be in the equation. It's a down year for rucks though amazingly Grundy has been very good but could have been better.

I value your contributions to the forum Sco so I find myself caring about the fact that that you care enough get into an argument and write a 4th post saying you don't care that some other guy cares about something you don't care about in the first place. Are you ok Sco?
I find myself caring about you caring about Sco caring enough to post he doesn't care that some other guy cares about something he doesn't care about. That's too much caring for one man to bear. I'm sure you won't care about me caring about you caring about Sco caring enough to post he doesn't care about something some other guy cares about though.

I find myself caring about the fact that that you care enough get into an argument and write a 4th post
We are talking about Apex here doodles.
He doesn't need to care in order to argue.
It's an instinctive reaction.

You can have some fun with it. Tell him you think kittens are cute. Watch the response you get. He will come up with some reason to tell you your wrong.

I find myself caring about you caring about Sco caring enough to post he doesn't care that some other guy cares about something he doesn't care about. That's too much caring for one man to bear. I'm sure you won't care about me caring about you caring about Sco caring enough to post he doesn't care about something some other guy cares about though.
d742b79ac950d16606285f423eaf66f6.jpg

We are talking about Apex here doodles.
He doesn't need to care in order to argue.
It's an instinctive reaction.

You can have some fun with it. Tell him you think kittens are cute. Watch the response you get. He will come up with some reason to tell you your wrong.
Where did I argue?

Kittens are s**t.

I value your contributions to the forum Sco so I find myself caring about the fact that that you care enough get into an argument and write a 4th post saying you don't care that some other guy cares about something you don't care about in the first place. Are you ok Sco?

Knowing that you care leaves me all warm and fuzzy! The reality is I'm so naive that I still don't understand that if a discussion goes beyond 5 minutes nobody wins.

FWIW it's good to see you back and posting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not have Pendles in the same bracket as Bucks but he is pretty damn close.

I'm lucky to have witnessed 3 generations of Collingwood greatness in Daicos, Buckley, & Pendles. Can't ask for much more than that.

In my opinion I don't think Pendles is underrated by most people; but you won't please everybody all the time. Ratings are opinion based, which is why Caroline Wilson (that other football genius) did not have Dusty in her best last weekend, when everyone else in Australia did.

Now that raises an interesting one that cannot be answered yet - Buckley or Pendlebury?
True can not be answered yet.

I lovvvvvve Pendlebury, but today if I had to pick, Buckley is the superior player. And just to add the best long pass kick I've ever seen.

Best 5 Collingwood players I've had the privilege of seeing play:

Len Thompson
Phil Carman
Peter Daicos
Scott Pendlebury
Nathan Buckley

Dane Swan so unlucky but it's a harsh assessment as his first few seasons weren't quite there, sorry only way he missed. Peter McKenna was at the tail end and I was way too little do I've excluded him as not played in front of me hardly at all, same Greening.
Loved Peter Moore.

Oh pity Fatui Ataata never played seniors. Only kidding but loved his name :)

Thank you Sir Humphrey,
I couldn't have put it more clearly myself

IMG_1338.JPG

ps loved Sir Humphrey so it's a compliment, well played.

Bucks just had more damaging weapons imo.

I agree with that, it's why I have him ahead currently and I prefer not comparing current day champions to former greats. Where I believe Pendles can make up ground is through being the consummate team man. Buckley by his own admission was not at that level early career.

With that in mind and those potential future accolades once Pendles race is run he can be ahead. Again though that stuff is more for post career reflection and I'm really only here to highlight my appreciation for Buckley the footballer (even if I can't stand Buckley the coach).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back