AFL 2017 - R12 - Collingwood v Melbourne - 15:20 AEST MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Greenwood one was probably there and the reason why it was a free has been well explained. Why wasn't Hunt pinged two minutes later though? Had one arm pinged, the other had the ball, was tackled, didn't get a foot to the ball... and play on? Ball knocked free in the tackle? No prior opportunity? That's what's frustrating, complete inconsistency in HTB interpretation. And yes, I realize that the Greenwood and Hunt examples are different but was just using it as an example of the inconsistency plaguing the game at the moment. Based off the comments made by neutrals in this thread you can make a pretty strong argument that it cost another team a win (and no, making an argument isn't the same as completely blaming umpires for a loss).

Was a really good contest. I won't cop that the umpires won it for us. It's easy to blame the umps but there were decisions both ways throughout the day. You can pick out potentially missed frees but reality is Collingwood let a 5 goal lead go. They outplayed us massively in the second and could have been 6-8 goals up.
Melbourne also missed opportunities to ice the game early in the last.
I was really pleased with the effort of the team. Petracca will turn games on their heads for years to come.
Grundy really exposed us in the first half and was just handing the ball to the mids. It was great to see us fight back.

Let's break it down for you.

1) Dove on ball.
2) Had arms free
3) Did not make an attempt to dispose of the footy but instead just let it be held to him

All he had to do was make it look like he was trying to get rid of the footy but he didn't even try.
Not really. 1) means that merely trying is also HTB. If you dive on it you have to dispose of the ball.
He didn't and was correctly penalised. The Dees player holding the ball in is irrelevant, he had to dispose of the football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched it on TV, as soon as he kicked it I thought "BigFooty would have loved that one".
watts8611124-3x2-700x467.jpg

Too much umpire whinging here. Collingwood gave up a 28 point lead. They were so far on top in the second and should have put a few more on the board.
Got to look inside for the answers not blame the umps.
Couldn't agree more.
It's almost like someone within the club needs to say "The BUCKS stops here"

A lot has happened since the last time Melbourne played in a final ;)

Happy to give you and your Melbourne pals a lesson, as you lot seem to be confused.

A lesson in whinging after losing a game of footy?

Oh yeah, you guys are great at that, absolute champions :thumbsu:

Oh having a stab at Neale Daniher...
Nice touch. Very Collingwood.
I think either you're not too sharp and missed my point, or you purposely missed my point.

Have a stab at Taylor Adams though, and it's perfectly fine though, right?

A lesson in whinging after losing a game of footy?

Oh yeah, you guys are great at that, absolute champions :thumbsu:
Clutching at straws by the looks of things.

You've won more wooden spoons than finals in over 10 years. It must make you desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back