Review Saints beat North by 17

Remove this Banner Ad

This!!! Mav needs to find a new role or get out the side, he is a momentum killer.

if you can't kick goals from 20 metres out playing in the forward line isn't for you.

And Lonie well the above somes up your career.

Bring back Minchington

Maybe try Savage in half forward role

26k at the ground is mind numbing stuff tho, neither teams fans showed which was hugely worrying
As I just posted on the Cheer Squad thread....I was very surprised that 26 K attended...I thought they'd be pushing to get 20K.

The club must be pretty concerned about our home attendances tho.......not once this year has the crowd been posted and our group has gone "that's a great crowd"...it's always..."is that all".

A bit baffling/disappointing as the club has been strong at promoting home games this year.

I don't know what the answer is really......I guess just keep winning.

What was the line in the movie Field of Dreams.....win em and they will come......lol.

Interesting comment by Richo at the end of his presser. A few here have mentioned bringing Paddy in and playing Roo further up the ground. Richo basically ruled that out saying that, although we've done it this year already, we would be too unbalanced with all four in the side.

So, after Bruce's strong return from the VFL, Paddy building over the last few weeks, and Riewoldt seemingly struggling last night (by his standards), who goes?? It's sad to say, but Roo looks to be the one on the outer out of that group of four.

Compared to some others who have contracts he is a star. I think he stays for sure because we have plenty who could go before him.

Lonie will be a good player once he gets his 50-60 games up. He just needs to get a bit more battle hardened & experienced at getting to the right spots.

Needs to be persevered with IMO.

You can see how he struggled with the step up in pace from the VFL for a while. Once again, that will come with games under his belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know sinclaire was fnatstic and has been since he's come back in but if you listin to his interview, he states that he was juts put on the wing in first his game back. Everyone one was looking for reasons as to why our players hav't developed and that is why. Jack had been playing on the ball and getting a heap of it in the VFl yet comes and plays on a wing and there is a difference. How can any player get better when this happans the wing is pretty much the hardest spot to play footy.

After the centre bounce all our wingers and flankers become mids.

Sincas uses the ball so well that you want him getting the release handball from the inside grunters... which he can do from a wing very efficiently.

I declair Sinclair a gun in the making.
Agree with you on that one.....if we cast our minds back to 2015 when Lonie and Sincs were tearing it up......what really caught my eye was Sinc's with his disposal...clean crisp kicks and handballs.

I remember at times thinking "what a breathe of fresh air".......

As I mentioned in an earlier thread....it was disappointing that he vanished off the radar last year.

And what about JB folks....now's there's someone to start getting excited about.

Happy to get the won, disappointed to not get the percentage booster we needed. We are a very long way ahead of the North group.

Looked brilliant at times last night, but poor conversion really cost us.

Positives:
- Sinclair and Billings are both class, they can hit players in the forward 50 which is something we really lack.

- Membrey and Bruce both played the way we need them to. We don't need them to kick bags every week but if they run their opponents into the ground and get two or three a week they are a very good duo. Showed how much better we can be when we let them play into space. As soon as started bombing it to the hot spot again our forward line returned to looking dysfunctional.

- Gresham is a game changer, he made some mistakes, missed some opportunities and didn't quite click, but things just happen when he is around. The complete opposite of our "Vanilla" workman type nucleus.

- Our backline is very settled, wouldn't change a thing. Nice to know we have Rice banging down the door though.

- Montagna was excellent, hopefully derm can call him out every week.

- Acres is a consistent AFL level player now. Still has another gear to go but jeez he's good already. So comfortable seeing him take set shots.

Negatives:
- Roo looks cooked but he has had good days and bad days with his knee for years. Hopefully he will be good to go next week. Amazing that he can still put a game of that level on one leg, makes AFL look easy.

- Lonie should be dropped for his pathetic diving, hate seeing it in other sides and don't like it any more with us. The worst stager in the AFL. I was happy with how he played otherwise but that crap needs to be ironed out of his game. With hindsight I think Schneider may have been a poor selection on mentor.

- Weller was ordinary but no way is he dropped. Feel like he has become a whipping boy for us. Think if we can improve our forward 50 entries and hit one on one targets he will improve every bit as much as Bruce, Membrey and Paddy. Him and skunk are particularly difficult matchups because they're strong, fast and great in the air for their height. We need to use this more.

- Longer still not doing anything around the ground. Pressure is on him if Hickey can put a couple of good weeks together.

After the centre bounce all our wingers and flankers become mids.

Sincas uses the ball so well that you want him getting the release handball from the inside grunters... which he can do from a wing very efficiently.

If you tead the saints article. Sinclair loves playing on the wing and has been getting better at it. Previously he was played as as a small forward with some stints in the middle. Tank is now better to run out games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but when we get that run going we look veryyyy good.

That's the thing, isn't it? When it's up and going we're a Top 4 team, no doubt. I'd hope the coaches are looking at exactly how and why it stops or is nullified and are prioritising fixing or working around that!

On Lonie. IF he can do something about being swatted away by opposition players/uncompetitive at times due to his size, he'll be more than handy and play 150 games I reckon.

Looks like he has the yips in front of goal
Let's not forget who his mentor was in his fist year......Schnieder Man.

Schnieds did an awesome job passing on his goal kicking skills to Lonie......Lonie was missing as many sitters as Schnieds......lol.

**** you video review.
Where were you in 2009 mother******

They're still running replays to call it a call off a right angle deflection from the post. When they get it, they'll show it to the masses to go "see, Hawkins slotted that straight through the middle and the ump didn't have to move".

Then we'll go outside and see Rudds face again and several of us will scream that we've gone back in time and this is how you build a premiership team and it's not by employing short men to coach....

Was working at the game and can tell you they were expecting 40,000 (lolnorf),
Wow....that's amazing that they were forecasting that size crowd.

We couldn't even get that number for our home game against the Blues with their huge following.

On Billings and Sinclair.

They both ****ing GUNS!!

Joey also had a very good game, consistency the challenge for him now.

What was with all the spot fires -- I feel like Lonie angers other teams when he plays?

Also spot fires and niggles a common theme this year with us -- what's up with that? My hunch is other teams are getting into us quite a bit, about Carlisle, maybe about underperforming as a 'team on the rise', about Lonie... ITK?
(Also pretty sure we're not bad on the lip)

Well our young guys are coming of age Sinclair , Acres , Billings , Gresham , Ross , Webster , Bruce , Membery , Carlisle , Newnes , Steven , Robertson , Steele , Koby Stevens (Longer - Hickey ) , Geary , Macartin , Long , Goddard , Rice
This is our base of our Flag winning team and bring in Dustin Martin , Whitfield and Himmelburg and we have a hell of a team.

It was 4 mins or there abouts
Mrs was cold, I was half cut, wanted to beat crowds, get an earlier tram etc etc

Yeah, sorry forgot how cold it would have been there . Good on you for going to the game. How often do you come to the games ?

Sent via HAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back