Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
We've now added close losses to our repertoire, we're nothing if not versatile :$

Had our chances to win it and we blew it.

Turnovers. So many ******* turnovers. Can't fault the endeavour though, particularly being down one rotations from qtr 1 onward, and again we saw promising signs from the yoof. Sean Darcy is UNPRECEDENTED and Sonny Walters had a career best game, finished with 6 and it should have been 8. Such a shame it was wasted in a losing effort.

Postmatch discussion here or the melt thread, will get the relevant links up shortly.

Melt

Positivity

Changes

Votes

Peel

Leave the personal attacks in the schoolyard, thanks. Let's post like adults. No mercy for any trolls.

We've now added close losses to our repertoire, we're nothing if not versatile :$

Had our chances to win it and we blew it.

Turnovers. So many ******* turnovers.

Turnovers are inevitable. The longer you have the ball the greater the chance it gets turned over. The idea is that you attempt to kick the ball through to 2 big sticks at your end of the ground before that happens.

There are only 2 possible eventualities from having the ball. Either you kick a goal or the ball eventually gets turned over. If you never attempt to kick goals then turnovers are the only possible result.

Our game plan makes it pretty difficult to kick goals. Turnovers are the obvious result of that game plan.

Walters BOG followed by Hughes.
Good back to back games by Darcy and Cox.
Ryan played well this week.
BHill and Weller had a bad day.
Sandilands down at the start didn't help.
Logue has right intent but just lacking finish and strength, hope we back him in again.
Not sure if Grey has been doing enough to earn his spot.
Sheridan is too weak.
McCarthy is god ******* awful and I hope people will begin to wake up on this spud.

Young kids played well and that's all I cared about going into this game. Lets unleash the Nyhuis next week and bring Blakely back (who makes a big difference in our side).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club has failed to act on repeated poor umpiring by Margetts and blokes like Fisher in the past and has nobody to blame but themselves. Had they done what they should have done, this wouldn't happen like this so often. Look at the the eagles do things and look at how they get looked after.

Add to that the constant failure of the club to address the on field issues that every supporter can see.

If Lyon can't adjust his bloody gameplan and get a forward structure then he should f*** off as well. His tactics of always kicking backwards is costing us games and he's been too stupid to learn. Time he was looked at.

The only positives are the youngsters are outperforming the older heads and I hope that doesn't get coached out of them like it has with too many other

Another week, another blood pressure raising game. Typical of that club that they get the win partly due to that dick move from Riewoldt.

Logue needs to be smarter than that but it wasn't very statesmanlike behaviour from Riewoldt. Can you imagine Pav pulling some weak s**t like that?

Totally gutted, but some fantastic long term signs with Darcy and Cox in particular.

Also McCarthy - Seriously want the guy to do well but complete liability right now.

I wanted to drop McCarthy instead of Kersten. Cam is bad juju at the moment.

Another week, another blood pressure raising game. Typical of that club that they get the win partly due to that dick move from Riewoldt.

Logue needs to be smarter than that but it wasn't very statesmanlike behaviour from Riewoldt. Can you imagine Pav pulling some weak s**t like that?
Big lesson from Logue there is that when the umpire has paid a free, don't go pick up the ball - at all.

We play slow from defense anyway, it won't matter if his team mate goes and gets it himself.

Fitting that we shot ourselves in the foot twice in the last 2 minutes to lose the game. It has been a long time since I have seen an opposition score so many goals from direct turnovers. I'd say we lost it more than they won it. Walters was brilliant, hodor great and best game I've seen Hughes play. Also prior to injury, cox was great and really shows up kersten and cmac

Last edited:
Geez alot to like about hughes hey!

Darcy again showing some serious talent. I remember Grundy played like the last 4 games of his debut and all vic media was going nuts about him. Darcy is better.

Logue looked solid but f me he is easy to aide step.

I am not that angry about this one. We get a decent pick out of this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back