• Getting to watch Plugger go off about the umpiring, regardless of result
  • Kicking 100+
  • Fyfe getting down and dirty
  • Will Brodie & James Aish just make me happy
  • Sean Darcy > Every other ruckman in the comp
  • Baeshaw
  • Top 4 baby!

Negatives
  • Luke Darcy saying Hayden Young has a great left boot and loves to take the game on every time he touches it
  • Luke Darcy saying David Mundy is old every time he touches the ball
  • Luke Darcy saying Travis Colyer used to play for Essendon every time he touches the ball
  • Luke Darcy
  • Wayne Carey having a job in the media
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Finally a great game to watch again, this is what we’re all about!
The pressure game + fitness wears out opposition and wins games.
That sweet, sweet percentage.

Positives

- WE GOT THE TONNE!

• Fyfe looks like he’s building steadily, looking apt as forward and on track to hit peak form at the most important part of the season.
  • Walters presence is real and super influential.
  • Another cracker by Brayshaw.
  • Hold the door for Darcy in the AA team, all over Ryder.
  • Freddy, even when on fire looks stoic as.
  • Young’s composure to experience ratio is unbelievable.
  • Aish continues to be a bloody great utility, very versatile and great decision maker.
  • Wilson fits into this team much better than expected. Those moments when he launches the ball with precision half-way up the ground never gets old. Give the man another contract, and Willo, please don’t ever punch another dude in the dick again.
  • Banners is the perfect sub player. He may have lost us games, but he’s won my heart.

Bradley Hill is fat.

------------------

Negatives

• Lobster’s ‘doo’ consipiracy theory - grab that tiny bit more attention, stand out to raise the bill? Also, if he could just get a goal or two in both halves of the game.. Go upwards and onwards from ‘semi-Lobb’
  • Freddy will be sought after by many teams..
  • Cox - can’t figure out what his role is.
  • Saints fans had a few reasons to complain but eventually just became sour about everything. (Loved when they panned to JL and he clearly said “shut the * up..)

Last edited:

Plugger -
Mad Salt GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfey turned it at CBD in the 3rd and great to see him return to serious form. Mundy seems to read Fyfe well (for obvious reasons) which helps. Build the Brayshaw statute already, and credit to Darcy who was towelled up in first half and battled back.

Far out this team has cost me about 10 years of my life was fuming at half time with the CBD trash being served up - definitely need to get more consistent in there and thankfully we have fyfey to lean on.

Got to the game, and yes Saints fans were a bit sour, although they were strangely flat from the start, like they knew we would get on top of them. We need to tidy up our clearance work though - only thing that kept them in it early (although they smashed Carlton in that area last week so maybe that’s their only strength).

Far out this team has cost me about 10 years of my life was fuming at half time with the CBD trash being served up - definitely need to get more consistent in there and thankfully we have fyfey to lean on.

General comment here, for quite a few people who do the game day thread thing:

Why are people getting so worked up over being down in the first half? The coaching staff have proven that they can make adjustments and come back from deficits. Going in to the halftime break either down or neck and neck seems to work out quite well for us overall.

It has been bloody impressive to watch, this is the calmest I have been watching Freo for years. Even in 2013/14 it never felt like we were ever comfortable. Seems like there is time for adjustment.

Positives
-Fyfe is brilliant
-Brodie still going amazing, unreal
-Enjoyed Walters game even if he didn't score, felt he had really good pressure
-James Aish another brilliant game
-Brayshaw is brownlow caliber
-WE ARE VERY GOOD
-Saints fans feeling a bit salty

Negative
-Being good means we have to deal with 7AFL commentary

Best win since the Melb/Bris double. We looked like genuine hard-nosed contenders again.

Saints came to play and they're the sort of big-bodied physical team who've been out bogies lately, but the ability to adjust and comprehensively outplay them in the second half is further proof of the rapid improvement this group is showing. Couldn't be more proud!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back