Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get his role he is asked to play sometimes, but I reckon its in best interests to keep him in regular goal kicking form and develop sustainable habits. Almost none of this is his fault this year but there's no reason he couldn't have kicked another 5 yesty, practise makes perfect and as our big forward its better for him to be doing it than Sam Gray.

Sent from mTalk

To me sustainable habits is relentlessly presenting, being a consistent target for the long kick forward in hope, hitting the footy at 100% and hunting down any opposition defender with the gall to have the football in his area. At the moment he is owning his part of the ground and that is exactly what we want him to do. I understand the frustrations that people have with Hinkley's blue-skyed myopic view of the perceived pressure small guys like Impey, Neade and S.Gray bring up defensively in the forward line at the expense of competent and threatening goalsneaking (admittedly this is very harsh on Gray who has had a couple of outstanding all round games this year), but seeing Dixon smash packs, scatter defenders and leave a trail of destruction in his wake is providing immense benefit to the team around him regardless of the fact the bags of goals to his name aren't a weekly feature.

Jack Riewoldt is one hell of a prolific and consistent goalkicker, but come September football and pressure I know I would rather see a guy with rougher edges and more physical intensity like Dixon or Hawkins being the focal point.

I agree, but that's the thing. He's only spending half the time as the focal point when he could be getting a lot of game time up refining his play.

Sent from mTalk

Nah dude, Sarge still has considerably more runs on the board, but they are different players.

Sent from mTalk

shulz was a better ff and dixon a better chf

if only we had both at the same time

shulz was a better ff and dixon a better chf

if only we had both at the same time

Even then, based on 2016, Ken played them in the reverse.

Imagine if Schulz stays at home in the opening round and Dix played high, Sarge doesn't ping his back running a marathon...

Ah.

Sent from mTalk

…………seeing Dixon smash packs, scatter defenders and leave a trail of destruction in his wake is providing immense benefit to the team around him..........

Not to mention an endless source of joy and amusement to us, the supporters watching on :D:thumbsu:

So "glass ankles" Charlie, who we were dutifully told by the medical professionals over on the GC board would struggle to play 10 games a season, is still yet to miss a game this year. This follows the career-high 18 games he played in 2017. Let's have a look at how he compares for durability with his old teammates.

Gold Coast players who have played more games than Charlie Dixon in 2016/17
Tom Lynch - 38
Jack Martin - 37
Jarryd Lyons - 37 (spent 2016 at the Crows, now injured)

Gold Coast players who have played less games than Charlie Dixon in 2016/17
Harbrow, Jarrod 33
Wright, Peter 33
Miller, Touk 32
May, Steven 31
Hall, Aaron 30
Kolodjashnij, Kade 30
Lemmens, Sean 29
Rosa, Matt 28
Ablett, Gary 27
Matera, Brandon 27
Saad, Adam 26
Ah Chee, Callum 25
Joyce, Jesse 24
Davis, Ryan 21
Lonergan, Jesse 21
Thompson, Rory 21
Malceski, Nick 18
Lyons, Jarryd 16
Witts, Jarrod 16
Shaw, Matt 15
Nicholls, Tom 15
Prestia, Dion 14
Garlett, Jarrod 14
Leslie, Jack 13
Rischitelli, Michael 13
Swallow, David 13
Grant, Jarrad 13
Barlow, Michael 12
Fiorini, Brayden 11
Bowes, Jack 9
Brooksby, Keegan 9
McKenzie, Trent 9
Ainsworth, Ben 8
Hanley, Pearce 8
Cameron, Clay 8
Macpherson, Darcy 6
Schoenfeld, Josh 5
Willis, Mackenzie 5
Hallahan, Mitch 5
Schade, Henry 5
Currie, Daniel 4
Scheer, Brad 3
Tape, Seb 3
Russell, Luke 3
Brodie, Will 2

tldr; lol

Last edited:
So "glass ankles" Charlie, who we were dutifully told by the medical professionals over on the GC board would struggle to play 10 games a season, is still yet to miss a game this year. This follows the career-high 18 games he played in 2017. Let's have a look at how he compares for durability with his old teammates.

Tom Lynch - 38
Jack Martin - 37

Harbrow, Jarrod 33
Wright, Peter 33
Miller, Touk 32
May, Steven 31
Hall, Aaron 30
Kolodjashnij, Kade 30
Lemmens, Sean 29
Rosa, Matt 28
Ablett, Gary 27
Matera, Brandon 27
Saad, Adam 26
Ah Chee, Callum 25
Joyce, Jesse 24
Davis, Ryan 21
Lonergan, Jesse 21
Thompson, Rory 21
Malceski, Nick 18
Lyons, Jarryd 16
Witts, Jarrod 16
Shaw, Matt 15
Nicholls, Tom 15
Prestia, Dion 14
Garlett, Jarrod 14
Leslie, Jack 13
Rischitelli, Michael 13
Swallow, David 13
Grant, Jarrad 13
Barlow, Michael 12
Fiorini, Brayden 11
Bowes, Jack 9
Brooksby, Keegan 9
McKenzie, Trent 9
Ainsworth, Ben 8
Hanley, Pearce 8
Cameron, Clay 8
Macpherson, Darcy 6
Schoenfeld, Josh 5
Willis, Mackenzie 5
Hallahan, Mitch 5
Schade, Henry 5
Currie, Daniel 4
Scheer, Brad 3
Tape, Seb 3
Russell, Luke 3
Brodie, Will 2

tldr; lol
This is just like Pappag's Tarp Watch

Tom Lynch - 38
Jack Martin - 37

Harbrow, Jarrod 33
Wright, Peter 33
Miller, Touk 32
May, Steven 31
Hall, Aaron 30
Kolodjashnij, Kade 30
Lemmens, Sean 29
Rosa, Matt 28
Ablett, Gary 27
Matera, Brandon 27
Saad, Adam 26
Ah Chee, Callum 25
Joyce, Jesse 24
Davis, Ryan 21
Lonergan, Jesse 21
Thompson, Rory 21
Malceski, Nick 18
Lyons, Jarryd 16
Witts, Jarrod 16
Shaw, Matt 15
Nicholls, Tom 15
Prestia, Dion 14
Garlett, Jarrod 14
Leslie, Jack 13
Rischitelli, Michael 13
Swallow, David 13
Grant, Jarrad 13
Barlow, Michael 12
Fiorini, Brayden 11
Bowes, Jack 9
Brooksby, Keegan 9
McKenzie, Trent 9
Ainsworth, Ben 8
Hanley, Pearce 8
Cameron, Clay 8
Macpherson, Darcy 6
Schoenfeld, Josh 5
Willis, Mackenzie 5
Hallahan, Mitch 5
Schade, Henry 5
Currie, Daniel 4
Scheer, Brad 3
Tape, Seb 3
Russell, Luke 3
Brodie, Will 2

tldr; lol

You've ******* jinxed it man !

His good is great but his bad is still too regular.

For all the vitriol Schulz copped when he didn't turn up in an important game ala Carlton 2015, Dix has been there and back again in less than half the time, but to the reception of crickets, not jeers.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Charlie is having a shocking marking day I feel he should effectively ruck in the marking contest and knock the ball to specific areas to our small forwards advantage. And then I realise we don't play small forwards who know how to position themselves for crumbs.

When Charlie is having a shocking marking day I feel he should effectively ruck in the marking contest and knock the ball to specific areas to our small forwards advantage. And then I realise we don't play small forwards who know how to position themselves for crumbs.

I think he should always back himself in to clunk them regardless of the day he's having as you just never know, Cal Sinclair at Sydney is not the most renowned contested grab in the league but last night had an absolute feast in plucking them out of the sky. I agree that what needs to happen is that the crumbers around him need to have that consistency and comfort in reading him and how he approaches the ball in the air. It's a really hard thing to explain, but when you see the way guys like Betts or Milne consistently are hitting the hotspot for crumbs under contests with that sixth sense of how the ball is going to come off the hands of their key forwards. There's definitely an inter-relationship with the key forward IMO - Milne was like a vacuum cleaner with the way he worked with the deep pack crasher Kozi and ditto with Betts and Lynch/McGovern/Jenkins.

Charles+In+Charles+Nicole+Eggert+Nude+Sexy+Scott+Baio1.jpg

Page 911.

It.only just occured to me that this emergency number is actually the reverse of 119

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's actually page 365. You are probs on your phone with it set to 5-10 posts per page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back