Biggest offer :ballotcheck:
Longest term :ballotcheck:
Inner city Melbourne:ballotcheck:
Father played for the club :ballotcheck:
Always wanted to play for the club:ballotcheck:
Strong connections with other players & staff at the club:ballotcheck:

Wants to play with Martin:ballotcheck:

Profit
Do you think you are the only Melbourne club that can offer the first few things on that list?
I'm sure Carlton, St Kilda or us could offer that aswell. We can also offer him Blockbusters and only having to play outside of Melbourne 5 or 6 times a year max

Ron Joseph trying to convince Josh's dad to get his son to nominate North

You make the mistake of thinking this is fresh news.

Waldron is effectively a GWS agent.

Waldron is effectively a GWS agent.

This is probably the funniest thing I've read on the D&T board in quite some time.

This is the guy that a couple of years back insisted GWS would fold and move to Canberra in five years. This is the guy that claimed GWS wasn't based in Sydney. It's also the guy agitating for draft penalties against GWS last year for Whitfield. If he's a GWS agent why not claim Paul Roos is as well?

$1.5 mil now. That is some deep connection....

Waldron also believes if the Kangaroos finish last and get the top pick in November’s draft, it leaves Kelly’s manager Paul Connors in a sticky situation.

If they finish last, there is a conundrum for Paul Connors, he said.

Paul Connors can’t let him go through to the draft to North for nothing because nothing ever happens in isolation. He will never get love from GWS if that happens.

Blackmailing player managers. That is some deep trade tampering.

This is probably the funniest thing I've read on the D&T board in quite some time.

This is the guy that a couple of years back insisted GWS would fold and move to Canberra in five years. This is the guy that claimed GWS wasn't based in Sydney. It's also the guy agitating for draft penalties against GWS last year for Whitfield. If he's a GWS agent why not claim Paul Roos is as well?

Did you read my previous post? The bloke is clearly pitching for GWS interests.

His so called "Northern Spy" is quite obviously a GWS insider.

Incorrect, I think we've traded with them every season since they joined the competition.

Deals have been simple.
Because they jumped at your top picks. I would have traded Bugg for pick 6 IIRC and traded Dom Tyson for pick 2 which was Kelly. When you hang out tasty bait to GWS, they will bite

Do you think you are the only Melbourne club that can offer the first few things on that list?
I'm sure Carlton, St Kilda or us could offer that aswell. We can also offer him Blockbusters and only having to play outside of Melbourne 5 or 6 times a year max

I am sure there is a lot you would offer him that we wouldn't dare dream of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but I'm 100% sure we can offer them all

Blackmailing? You're talking about maintaining good relationships in a closed economy. Blackmail is a stretch.

As far as I am concerned a threat designed to induce co-operation is blackmail.

The rules put things more clearly

AFL ACCREDITED AGENTS’ CODE OF CONDUCT

General

1.5. I will not act dishonestly or fraudulently in any dealings with any other person, body or football club in the course of representing a Player or in any dealings with the Agents’ Board or the AFLPA.

Confidentiality

3.1. I will maintain confidentiality in relation to all dealings involving any Player who I represent except to the extent that I am required by these Regulations, the AFLPA Rules and Regulations, the AFL Regulations, the AFL Player Rules or by law to disclose such matters.

Inducements

I will not procure, induce, assist or encourage a Player to breach the terms and conditions of: 4.2.1. his Playing Contract with a Club; 4.2.2. his contractual arrangements with an Accredited Agent; or 4.2.3. the CBA

Disclosure

7.1. I will disclose to Players who I represent where I directly or indirectly solicit or accept money or anything of value (“Commissions”) for referring the Player to any third party for a product or service. I will make such disclosure to the Player prior to referring the Player to the third party, or as soon as possible thereafter.

7.4. I will disclose to Players who I represent my involvement with any Club coaches, officials or AFL Officers who I (or my company) also represent.

7.5. I will advise any Player I represent and report to the Agents’ Board, any known or suspected violations by any Club of a Player’s Playing Contract or of any known or suspected violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement within 48 hours of becoming aware of such known or suspected violations.

Fraudulent Conduct

11.1. I will not engage in any improper, dishonest, fraudulent or corrupt conduct that would:

11.1.1.be conduct prejudicial to the Draft; or

11.1.2.be conduct prejudicial to the Player Movement Rules;

Conduct prohibited between an Accredited Agent and a Club and/or an Associate of a Club

12.1. I will not, directly or indirectly:

12.1.1.engage in Prohibited Conduct relating to a Player’s Playing Contract or the drafting or exchange of a Player or the entry or retention of any Player on any List of a Club; and/or

12.2. For the purpose of this clause 12, “Prohibited Conduct” means: 12.2.1.to enter into, make or be party to any agreement, arrangement, understanding, promise or undertaking whether express or implied and whether or not enforceable or intended to be enforceable; and/or

12.2.2.to enter into, carry out or give effect to any scheme, plan, proposal, action, course of action or course of conduct, whereby a Club or Associate of a Club offers or provides to an Agent or any other person on the Agent’s behalf any benefit in cash or kind.

You still seem to have trouble separating people's speculation and opinion from reality.

You seem to have trouble discerning a critique of speculation.

As for Waldron acting in GWS's interests, that is my own logical conclusion.

Ok this needs to be said...

Crameri coming out of contract $650k
Murphy will Retire $680K
Boyd will Retire $600k

$900k a year left over we didn't spend 2017:)

All Guns signed till 2020 and beyond

I will add that up 2.83 Million to spray around next year.....

Ok this needs to be said...

Crameri coming out of contract $650k
Murphy will Retire $680K
Boyd will Retire $600k

$900k a year left over we didn't spend 2017:)

All Guns signed till 2020 and beyond

I will add that up 2.83 Million to spray around next year.....
Did Crameri really get $650k? That's sounds like massive overs to me he was never that good.

It's not garbage when it is fact. Your franchise dragged a simple trade out for 2 weeks because of being so unhappy about a slight swap of late picks when you got overs for Treloar to begin with. We are into Martin and Kelly to our eyeballs! Kelly and Martin have had 5 or 6 months to consider our offers and have yet to even open negotiations with their current clubs. That tells me 2 things, they will come to North or pull off the biggest double troll in AFL history. I'm leaning towards them changing their clubs.
We wanted two first rounders, Collingwood didn't want to give them to us. We negotiated hard and got them. That's what actually happened. The rest is fantasy.

Basically, if Connors behaves in the manner that Waldron suggests, then Connors is in serious contravention of his professional duties.
Serious question. If this were last year and Essendon had first pick in the PSD, would you be so adamant?

Paul Connors is a player agent, one of many. They need good relationships with all 18 clubs or they jeopardize their own business. Not only that but he has zero control on the trade terms agreed between the parties. North aren't going to try and screw over other clubs because they only have 17 other potential trade partners for the foreseeable future. Good relations are important. It's not anywhere near what you're suggesting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back