Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we do still need him till we develop other key forwards.
Not sure if Wood is gonna be that for us as he cant get his body right.

I guess a contract for Waite will depend how well Larkey performs for the rest of the season....
If Larkey looks like he can play at senior level and show he's a good folly for BBB in the last 4 games of the year I can't help feel that it may be Waite's last season.
Then again if we do pick up Dusty and JK then I would assume they may wanna keep him to roll the dice next year and see what happens....

Unfortunately we do still need him till we develop other key forwards.
Not sure if Wood is gonna be that for us as he cant get his body right.

I guess a contract for Waite will depend how well Larkey performs for the rest of the season....
If Larkey looks like he can play at senior level and show he's a good folly for BBB in the last 4 games of the year I can't help feel that it may be Waite's last season.
Then again if we do pick up Dusty and JK then I would assume they may wanna keep him to roll the dice next year and see what happens....
I was thinking it might be his last year but the way Brad was talking yesterday I have a feeling he might go around for another. But thats only a hunch.

25 k a game for W80 is what i would think should be his contract in 2018 but with a minimum wage of say 250k - gives him enough incentive to get fit in the offseason plus the more he plays the more he makes. Has plenty to offer if he can get on the park - i'd include additional incentives around finishing in the top 10 in the b and f - finals appearances etc.

25 k a game for W80 is what i would think should be his contract in 2018 but with a minimum wage of say 250k - gives him enough incentive to get fit in the offseason plus the more he plays the more he makes. Has plenty to offer if he can get on the park - i'd include additional incentives around finishing in the top 10 in the b and f - finals appearances etc.

$25,000.00 per game....sheesh

Its just ******* ridiculous for wat they do.

I would rather pay that to someone who opens my skull and saves my life.

Life is nutz.

He will get another year because our young forwards haven't made the next step as yet . Hopefully Wood does next season and Jack plays the majority of next year forward , then we should solve this issue

He will get another year because our young forwards haven't made the next step as yet . Hopefully Wood does next season and Jack plays the majority of next year forward , then we should solve this issue

He's never fit. Has Petrie played more footy this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been purring over the stats and in 2016/17 these are the facts, and they are undisputed:

With Waite playing, we've won 15/24 (63% success rate)

Without Waite playing, we've won 2/17 (12% success rate)

Boston, we have a problem.
Sorry mate but I'm over Waite.

I've been purring over the stats and in 2016/17 these are the facts, and they are undisputed:

With Waite playing, we've won 15/24 (63% success rate)

Without Waite playing, we've won 2/17 (12% success rate)

Boston, we have a problem.
Umm I think we have more than one problem :eek:

I think when weighing up Waite we shouldn't ignore his seven sons as the current F&S rule is 100 games, I hope we get him there. I whacked some figures into my commodore 64 with external floppy disk and it would seem Waite is on track to play his 100th game for us on the eve of his 50th birthday. And what a wonderful double celebration that will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back