Is Armo Cooked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap for Goldstein. Each club pays the contract for the swapped player.
Tell North it is Billings, they wont know and think they have bent us over.
Won't work because Armo is accurate in front of goal. Big giveaway.

Anyhow, great to see a club stalwart consigned to the scrap heap so quickly by supporters.

Hope he gets his body right over summer.

Last edited:
Blokes cooked, time for Salt Bae to season the campaigner

OY2oGaZ_sh52lhsziR-V2Cursrn_7Fb7Tf1w5EX8n2emgbP_tsl7oJMU_VWWEmAH2eqnAi7yrEMwkzLEJuRc7aFpeWVN_ryR3S4zQ-e8RTHgSA=w383-h384-nc

He had more than one good season.
Seriously are you stupid or do you have the memory of a goldfish?
Since when are his back problems chronic?
Do you know more than the club doctor.

He's one of the few inside mids we have who can actually WIN the ball.
He had 1 elite season. That's it. Chronic is recurring and since his back injury has returned more than once it is chronic. I also don't appreciate having my intelligence questioned and as the mods have repeatedly told people if you disagree with someone's opinion do it civilly instead of being a twat.

He had 1 elite season. That's it. Chronic is recurring and since his back injury has returned more than once it is chronic. I also don't appreciate having my intelligence questioned and as the mods have repeatedly told people if you disagree with someone's opinion do it civilly instead of being a twat.

So you have a go at someone and then call them a twat. And surely twice doesn't make something chronic. I must have chronic cramp because that's happened a few times.

Anyhow, great to see a club stalwart consigned to the scrap heap so quickly by supporters.
Sometimes supporters forget that you need more than 22 players to get through a season.

"What do we need him for? We've got this one and that one who can play that role"

Of course this one and his mate that one may get injured, suspended of lose form at some stage.

Don't worry, we can bring in Armo.

"Hang on; where's Armo? Armo? ARMO???" :(

Sometimes supporters forget that you need more than 22 players to get through a season.

"What do we need him for? We've got this one and that one who can play that role"

Of course this one and his mate that one may get injured, suspended of lose form at some stage.

Exactly. Anyone who isn't best 22 should be delisted.

When fit, he is better value than Lucky or Blake, or Lonie, Minch, Wright etc.

600k or more benchwarmer? That's some expensive ass security!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

600k or more benchwarmer? That's some expensive ass security!
If we manage to get all of Kelly, Whitfield and Lever I would agree with you.

But as that is unlikley, and as we seem to have more cash than we know what to do with, and we have minimum salary cap requirements to meet, I would think that's the least of our problems.

If we manage to get all of Kelly, Whitfield and Lever I would agree with you.

But as that is unlikley, and as we seem to have more cash than we know what to do with, and we have minimum salary cap requirements to meet, I would think that's the least of our problems.
All true, what about at the end of next year though? Money likely will be tight then and perhaps a 600k benchwarmer will be excess at that point.

I see him the same as Gilbert this time last year. Every man and his dog pretty much on here calling him "cooked". People forgetting the talent he has and sticking the boots into him.

Hopefully Armo, like Gilbert comes out and makes a fool of everyone next year when his body is right and he can string some games together. Armo would be huge for a young team pushing for finals/top 4 so I hope like hell he comes back like Gilbo and has a stellar year next year as the bloke is a talent and a great club man that makes the team better.

Well don't make up things.
Or are you claiming to have Armitage's medical information.
Reiwoldt has lived with a Chronic knee condition for years, not curable , not going away.
This is not the case with Armitage. At the start of the year we were told his back was fine. Do you claim to have other information?
I guess he now has Chronic groin condition .......until it gets better.

Maybe Dunstan isn't at Armo's best level yet, but he's got time to improve. Dave has run out of time, and chances. At the end of this year if he hasn't had a few games at his 2015 level, he will be out, if we are serious.

Dunstan started at a very high level for a new recruit but has been one of the slowest improvers ever. At this rate O'Kearney will overtake him.

Maybe Dunstan isn't at Armo's best level yet, but he's got time to improve. Dave has run out of time, and chances. At the end of this year if he hasn't had a few games at his 2015 level, he will be out, if we are serious.

He has an injury, he has had surgery.
Is that him running out of chances?

Unless you are a member of the St Kilda medical staff or David Armitage, then you can't answer the question posed in the thread title.

A better thread would be, 'Does a fit Armo still have a place in our best 22?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back