The Law Cardinal Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, though "I have stuck my penis in so many young boys I don't think I would remember Anthony X specifically" is not really a valid defence.

Not that I am claiming anyone has stuck their penis in Anthony X, just pointing out that such mundane things as being naked while showering are not really what is going to be the question....
And as FredeLux pointed out regardless of the strength of memory, the answer in any event would most likely be " I don't remember" regardless of that memory.

Any case is going to be based on the strength of memory of the victims and witnesses, not the accused, regardless of the case.

Not many murderers remember the crime when questioned, more do after conviction, even then many lie.

it would sell a few papers though

A priest of any sort will know if they've had sexual intercourse with anyone, man, woman, child, at some stage while a priest, because that's supposed to be a no no. Might not remember the exact date, but can't say can't recall to a broad question of have you while a priest had intercourse with a man, woman, child.

The priest could try bluff, if they have, but any evidence showing otherwise would sink them.

Even if pell has had intercourse with a man, Won't be criminal but that's him done as a catholic figure.

A priest of any sort will know if they've had sexual intercourse with anyone, man, woman, child, at some stage while a priest, because that's supposed to be a no no. Might not remember the exact date, but can't say can't recall to a broad question of have you while a priest had intercourse with a man, woman, child.

The priest could try bluff, if they have, but any evidence showing otherwise would sink them.

Even if pell has had intercourse with a man, Won't be criminal but that's him done as a catholic figure.

Might have some difficulty getting that question past the judge, I would have thought.

It's more a question if he's pulling out "I can't recall" to everything. I don't think it will happen however, as he's either got to explicitly deny or he's in trouble

Well I imagine that specific questions relating to anything about 1994 and before would be answered "I can't recall" except for the specific question "Did you abuse Anthony X" to which the answer would be "No".

it would sell a few papers though
It would not get a run in Sydney...certainly not on the Radio.
The right wing inbreds own Sydney media.

Would have to be worked up to quite carefully, and would require some "I can't recall" responses, but could imagine a good prosecutor being able to get there.

"only god would know?"

A priest of any sort will know if they've had sexual intercourse with anyone, man, woman, child, at some stage while a priest,

I'm not so sure about that. Most priests wouldn't know that their arses were on fire, until the fire brigade turned up.

Lets face it, they've spent their entire lives trying to convince themselves and others that there's a guy in the sky who watches them constantly. A priests grasp on reality is tentative at best.

I'd be reluctant to take such lunatics testimony on any subject seriously.

Lets face it, they've spent their entire lives trying to convince themselves and others that there's a guy in the sky who watches them constantly. A priests grasp on reality is tentative at best.

I'd be reluctant to take such lunatics testimony on any subject seriously.

The only difference between the religious and the atheists on matters spiritual is that at least the religious are honest enough to declare their belief is based on faith.

Neither side of the debate would have a ******* clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only difference between the religious and the atheists on matters spiritual is that at least the religious are honest enough to declare their belief is based on faith.

Neither side of the debate would have a ******* clue.
Well that would be the simplistic view.

Personally I'd want to know what "matters spiritual" actually meant before I'd be willing to declare my belief on it.

Well that would be the simplistic view.

Personally I'd want to know what "matters spiritual" actually meant before I'd be willing to declare my belief on it.

Just go with your lazy description of "guy in the sky" for now. Given we're keeping things "simplistic".

There are apparently a shitload of "lunatics" in this world. Most of them operating generally pretty effectively it would seem. Scientists, doctors, surgeons, lawyers, mechanics, plumbers, electricians.......you name it. Billions of them. All certifiable. Because you know better.

The only difference between the religious and the atheists on matters spiritual is that at least the religious are honest enough to declare their belief is based on bullshit and total nonsense from middle eastern inbred cave dwelling troglodytes.

Finally we agree on something!

I hate to be 'that guy', but can't resist ...
There are apparently a shitload of "lunatics" in this world. Most of them operating generally pretty effectively it would seem.
appeal to popularity logical fallacy.

Scientists, doctors, surgeons, lawyers, mechanics, plumbers, electricians.......you name it. Billions of them. All certifiable. Because you know better.
appeal to authority fallacy

I envy the buggers. When something goes **** up in my life I'm left to contend with concept that it's often my fault. They've got a get out of jail free card, all in the masterplan, and they find comfort in that. I'm just left to pick up the pieces.

Imagined victim complex?

We get it Gough, you're the only gay in the village.

Expect your next stage is PTSD.

It was a heartfelt contribution, my nana was a Catholic convert, and I saw how much comfort the church gave her.

Not judging or anything. Maybe it was your fault.

Church is church, they embrace their congregation. Family is family, they love and embrace their family.

I'm thinking family should be the first call for comfort.

They can get comfort from their faith in the reassurance that it's all part of god's plan. Something the faithless can't do.
That's not entirely true. I know a lot of non-religious people that believe in fate. Believing in fate is effectively the same deal: you have no real agency and you can console yourself believing that you're being tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back