Preview Changes: QF v GWS

Pick ONE defender and FOUR half forwards/wingmen from the players below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They've been adequate when Sloane's commanded the first attention.

Now everyone steps up a ladder. I.e. the Crouches will face attempts to shut them down.

I don't trust a fair number of our midfield in finals WITH Sloane (Atkins, McKay et al), let alone in his absence.

You don't think coaches have tried to shut MCrouch down this year?

MCrouch 2017 Brownlow Winner

Would the other concern from this also be now if we do win this game, Sloane would have had almost a month without a game of football.
Its certainly not a smooth start for the finals campaign at all, this time last year I wasn't nervous at all for the Kangas game but this time round it's a different bad feeling.. :(:(:(

It doesn't work like that. We have to play Thursday's game first, then the prelim.
Can't play a prelim, then the qualifying...
Oh, you mean than.
Better get used to it. ;)
Lots of people on BF use the word "then" when it should be "than"...don't ask me why but it's very confusing sometimes.
My faves are "should of/ could of/ would of" etc ... o_O

What if the next guy gets tagged out, and we're without both Sloane and his output?

Sloane hasn't been that great at shaking the tag. I think players like Matt and Brad and even Dougie are less prone to tagging. I think this game is ripe for a CC cameo, he has done **** all this year but he has an opportunity to play around the bounce more with Sloane out. Hope he has a big one.

MCrouch 2017 Brownlow Winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three most successful tagging jobs were when we lost: North (Gibson tagging), Melbourne (Vince tagging), Geelong (S. Selwood tagging)

Sloane was tagged out of our win against Melbourne too and our win against St Kilda when he got far less possessions than both the Melbourne loss and the Geelong loss, which apparently were far more successful efforts at curtailing his possessions

M crouch would not be the easiest player to shut out as he wins a lot of ball in packs so he would still be at the coalface attacking the ball and be in and under the packs and that means his tag would also have to do just that. It is hard to stop a player contesting for the ball. I think that it is more the outside players that can be shut down by a tag as they get no room to operate and run.

Sloane out is massive. Dont like our chances. On the plus side, last years week 1 QF winners both lost prelims. If we lose its not the end of the world. If Richmond win their QF then we should have a prelim against them at the MCG. A prelim at the MCG is ultimately a better preperation for GF day than a prelim at AO. It also puts the three toughest opponents in Sydney, Geelong and GWS on the otherside of the draw.

But if Geelong win thie QF then it will be tough to get past the prelim.

Hopefully we can do it without Sloane and that gives us the confidence we need to win 2 games after that.

If we do lose prepare for the usual smashing over our conservatism as a club, decision probably a direct result of the groin and ankle injuries that were carried into last years finals campaign, like then everyone will be an expert in hindsight.

Back