Play Nice First transgender player in the AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is saying a trans woman ends up a biological woman. Trans people can have their legal markers including birth certificate and pass port in the ACT and Southh Australia gender confirmation surgery is not required to do this.

Most sports including the AFL and IOC don't require gender surgery to change gender.
I haven't been arguing otherwise.

They can call themself what they like and live how they like.

They can legally get a piece of paper saying they're a woman when they're a man. But they're still a man. The truth of their biology doesn't change.

What about muscle composition? Bone density? Height? Bone structure? Muscle development? Having being exposed to years of testosterone?

Who are you trying to fool!
I am not here to
Fool anyone here is a pic of me pre transition and post transition approx 50kg weight difference.
IMG_0160.JPG IMG_0094.JPG

Biologically a man can never be a woman and vice versa.

It is entirely a science issue.

If someone has gender dysphoria and wants to live as a woman they can please themself, but they're still a man despite any social narrative they want to portray.
If by "man", you mean "born a man", I agree with you, because that is self evident. If you mean societally recognised as a woman, despite being born a man - that is where the difference lies. Hence my assertion that this is a societal issue, not an issue of scientific nomenclature.

The question is - do we as a society choose to recognise those who have transitioned to another sex, despite being born with a contrary chromosomal makeup, or do we reject their transition?

Scientifically this isn’t an issue - we both agree that XX & XY are not altered via transition. Hence, chromosomally, one born male retains male chromosomes, & likewise for females. This is not in contention.

Societally it is an issue. If someone chooses to alter their body, appearance, behavior, testosterone & estrogen levels, and wishes to legally and socially identify as a female or male - is that a problem? Personally, I don’t think so. Despite their chromosomal makeup.

Venus and Serena couldn't beat the guy ranked 200th, and he was barely trying.
If he was given testosterone blockers and estrogen treatment for an appropriate time I suggest both Williams Girls would beat him.

If he was given testosterone blockers and estrogen treatment for an appropriate time I suggest both Williams Girls would beat him.

Based on what? I don't agree with that. He's still had 25-30 years of male development they've never had.

If you gave a 6 10 basketballer estrogen treatment for the appropriate time he'd still dunk and block all over the female players.

Height is a significant advantage even if some bulk is lost.

We don't want the womens competition to be become a netball game where you just bomb it into the super tall person who reaches above the short arse defender and plucks everything.

I'm not sure what you're proving with a photo of you from the cretaceous period versus today.
Maybe an example of how hormone replacement therapy changes a trans persons physique pretty relevant to the thread I suggest.

Testosterone being low will cripple new muscle growth development.

But those choosing to explore athletic careers post transition should gain as much muscle as possible prior, maintain for a period then once transition is complete use the IGF-1 increasing effects of intermittent fasting for best results.

There are studies showing peak ceiling size allowing easier return to strength and IGF-1 aiding in cell recovery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kidding yourself.

If she was born female and was the same weight and height you wouldn't surely be arguing for her exclusion just because she was bigger. You couldn't, there would be no grounds for it.

This is purely because people either don't understand or don't like that trans people exist.

You want to make it about discrimination but for me it isn't. I have zero problem with transgender or gay or hetero. There are, however, gentic anatomical and hormonal differences between men borne as such and women. Bone structure is different. Those differences affect muscle mass speed agility etc which make men borne as such stronger and faster. You don't see usain bolt running against women do you? Even if she has undergone full sex change and is on a hormone regimen she still had established optimum muscle mass as a man before that change.

It is inequitable plain and simple. Don't get on your high horse.

You're also 30 years older in the first picture than in the 2nd picture.

Different story when you're talking about a 25 year old who has transitioned in the last few years.
I transitioned in my mid 30,s and I am very open to conversation about perceived advantages. You are more then welcome to research this issue as much as you like and you can continue to question me personally I have never claimed to be the expert in all this and I am pretty sure most would agree that I am quite reasonable when discussing others points of view.
If you don't believe anything I said or you think it's irrelevant that's for you to decide.

I am a transgender athlete who doesn't agree with the current criteria for trans athletes and I am happy to discuss this further with other respectful posters.
Maybe an example of how hormone replacement therapy changes a trans persons physique pretty relevant to the thread I suggest.

If you gave a 6 10 basketballer estrogen treatment for the appropriate time he'd still dunk and block all over the female players.

Height is a significant advantage even if some bulk is lost.

We don't want the womens competition to be become a netball game where you just bomb it into the super tall person who reaches above the short arse defender and plucks everything.
What maximum height do you suggest we ban players in the AFLW .

Testosterone being low will cripple new muscle growth development.

But those choosing to explore athletic careers post transition should gain as much muscle as possible prior, maintain for a period then once transition is complete use the IGF-1 increasing effects of intermittent fasting for best results.

There are studies showing peak ceiling size allowing easier return to strength and IGF-1 aiding in cell recovery

I wonder if the AFLW test during the offseason?

What policy is in place for that league and what are they testing for?

Would a course or some kind of growth hormone for 3 months of a year allow for body mass to be maintained to a certain degree?

Looks like a dude in a wig. 190cm and 100kg.
Lauren Jackson is 196cm and plus 100kg should she be banned from women's sports as well she is half a whole foot bigger then Hannah.

Did you ever think why we still have small players. Maybe a players is shorter but a lot quicker or even stronger.

What maximum height do you suggest we ban players in the AFLW .

I don't have the answer to that.

Can you not see a situation where a trans player could make a mockery of a women's competition if they are too physically imposing?

I understand you've explained how estrogen will strip them of some of that size but if they are several years into treatment and are still young, fit and big then what?

What about the young women they are playing against? Do we not have to consider the image of the league and the impact is has on non-trans women or young girls coming up through the football ranks?

I transitioned in my mid 30,s and I am very open to conversation about perceived advantages. You are more then welcome to research this issue as much as you like and you can continue to question me personally I have never claimed to be the expert in all this and I am pretty sure most would agree that I am quite reasonable when discussing others points of view.
If you don't believe anything I said or you think it's irrelevant that's for you to decide.

I am a transgender athlete who doesn't agree with the current criteria for trans athletes and I am happy to discuss this further with other respectful posters.

My point is that men lose muscle mass as they age too. Comparing your own physique now to your physique in your 20s is unlikely to be a result purely of the the hormone therapies and transition. It's also the effects of aging.

A 25 year old trans woman is likely to have a lot more muscle than a 25 year old biological woman.

Lauren Jackson is 196cm and plus 100kg should she be banned from women's sports as well she is half a whole foot bigger then Hannah.

Did you ever think why we still have small players. Maybe a players is shorter but a lot quicker or even stronger.

Lauren Jackson's playing weight was around 85kgs. Wasn't very quick either.

I'm not sure what you're proving with a photo of you from the cretaceous period versus today.

I have no idea what your problem is, but you'll need to extend kirsti some common courtesy if you'd like to keep posting in this thread.

I wonder if the AFLW test during the offseason?

What policy is in place for that league and what are they testing for?

Would a course or some kind of growth hormone for 3 months of a year allow for body mass to be maintained to a certain degree?
A pre op trans woman can achieve massive spikes in their testosterone levels simply by not taking their testosterone blocker. I suggest neither the AFL has appropriate testing procedures for this.

Once post op this is not possible as testosterone production is nil to minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back