Toast Highlights of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The 20-25 minutes where we dominated the Bulldogs in our first matchup at Etihad early in the season. Showed just what we can become if we continue to improve and remain patient with the core of what we have.

That was my highlight for a pretty positive overall year.

Cedric's highlights in this video and the "Goals of the season" vid in the OP really show what he is capable of. Miraculous goals, chase down tackles and blistering run and carry leaving opponent's in the dust. With the correct level of application, guidance and development he could become a star. To think we got McCluggage, Berry, Witherden and Allison in the same draft is very exciting.

P.S. I've noticed some poster's have mentioned Cedric isn't all that quick. I think it may appear that way because he cruises around a fair bit, however, when he really puts the jets on his top speed is very quick. Case in point that chase down tackle on Suckling.

Sam Skinners first quarter.

Then the low light was his knee again. Gee I hope he can have a career, I reckon he is a star with fragile knees. Just loved the attitude in that tackle
Agree, although I'm hopeful he can grow through his knee troubles. It wasn't that long ago that we used to laugh at The Suns dodgy forward, Dixon and Port for taking him and his glass ankles. His kicking was off last week, but he has been powerful for them.

Cedric's highlights in this video and the "Goals of the season" vid in the OP really show what he is capable of. Miraculous goals, chase down tackles and blistering run and carry leaving opponent's in the dust. With the correct level of application, guidance and development he could become a star. To think we got McCluggage, Berry, Witherden and Allison in the same draft is very exciting.

P.S. I've noticed some poster's have mentioned Cedric isn't all that quick. I think it may appear that way because he cruises around a fair bit, however, when he really puts the jets on his top speed is very quick. Case in point that chase down tackle on Suckling.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Cedric isn't quick. It would be foolish if they did. The beauty of his running is that when he changes gear, his style/effort/motion doesn't appear to change, his legs just go faster. For most, when they go up a gear they stride out or change their action. For him, he merely changes speed without looking like he is doing anything different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Cedric isn't quick. It would be foolish if they did. The beauty of his running is that when he changes gear, his style/effort/motion doesn't appear to change, his legs just go faster. For most, when they go up a gear they stride out or change their action. For him, he merely changes speed without looking like he is doing anything different.

I do that think he's necessarily super explosive off the mark but he's got a pretty high cruise speed when he gets going and like you said seems to be able to kick up gears while running pretty quickly

My highlight of the year would have to be when Cox and Witho got their first goals. Coxs goal was an absolute cracker, but seeing both their celebrations really made it for me.

Still smile every time I see it. Funny thing about it, my partner decided to invite her parents over for dinner on game day, even thou I told her that it's a game we've got a decent chance in and I'll be watching it live either way. They're not a a big sporting family, so I tried to do the right thing and just watch it quietly on my phone in the corner.

The game was obviously going all good, Cox kicked his goal, so I started to get up and about a little more, got the old settle down stare. Witho kicked his Goal a little too soon after I suppose, so I casually let go with "oh you're gunna be a ******* star kid" probably loud enough the next door neighbours would of heard it...

I know his goal wasn't the greatest, but seeing him celebrate and team get around each other again, was something special

My highlight of the year would have to be when Cox and Witho got their first goals. Coxs goal was an absolute cracker, but seeing both their celebrations really made it for me.

Still smile every time I see it. Funny thing about it, my partner decided to invite her parents over for dinner on game day, even thou I told her that it's a game we've got a decent chance in and I'll be watching it live either way. They're not a a big sporting family, so I tried to do the right thing and just watch it quietly on my phone in the corner.

The game was obviously going all good, Cox kicked his goal, so I started to get up and about a little more, got the old settle down stare. Witho kicked his Goal a little too soon after I suppose, so I casually let go with "oh you're gunna be a ******* star kid" probably loud enough the next door neighbours would of heard it...

I know his goal wasn't the greatest, but seeing him celebrate and team get around each other again, was something special
Yup, definitely the highlight of the year for me as well. Especially loved Witho's celebration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back