Past Jarrad McVeigh - premiership captain, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on his form in 2017.

Could not get get fit for early rounds, struggles to win contested ball and will not improve. His future is in coaching and the Bloods and Macca should not have snookered each other into this deal.

He offers terrific smarts and I see him as a terrific prospect (in the longer term) as our coach. We have enough experience on the list for him to not be missed and he will occupy a spot next year that precludes younger players getting a go.

He should have gone to another club on a Mitchell deal. Retention is a loss-loss for us.

Could not get get fit for early rounds, struggles to win contested ball and will not improve. His future is in coaching and the Bloods and Macca should not have snookered each other into this deal.

He offers terrific smarts and I see him as a terrific prospect (in the longer term) as our coach. We have enough experience on the list for him to not be missed and he will occupy a spot next year that precludes younger players getting a go.

He should have gone to another club on a Mitchell deal. Retention is a loss-loss for us.

He was great when he got over his early season injury. One of our best in the loss and Friday night. Provides great leadership and footy smarts on the field. You are a long time retired and his coaching days will come, hopefully with us.

He was great when he got over his early season injury. One of our best in the loss and Friday night. Provides great leadership and footy smarts on the field. You are a long time retired and his coaching days will come, hopefully with us.

I think he will be a great coach. High IQ, leadership and footy smarts. He was excellent when back this year but see no prospect for improvement. He would be better value to a bottom 6 club where his on field leadership skills would help them and his coaching skills.

In 2018 for us he will not win more contested ball. If we are to be competitive in 2018, we should move on.

Macca has the misfortune of having played in 3 losing GFs and possibly our worst loss in 20 years. Time for him and the Club to move on.

As good as he's been, he'll be depth next year...the new ROK!
He's done.

But that's fine.
That may be the understanding the club have with him in that if it doesn't go well then he can begin his coaching playing in the NEAFL but should we lose players, he can come in & cover until they are fit.

To be honest I am over the constant concern over what Macca does.
If he plays twos then so be it. Someone on the Swans payroll has to play Neafl

But that's fine.
That may be the understanding the club have with him in that if it doesn't go well then he can begin his coaching playing in the NEAFL but should we lose players, he can come in & cover until they are fit.

To be honest I am over the constant concern over what Macca does.
If he plays twos then so be it. Someone on the Swans payroll has to play Neafl
Terry Wallace and Martin Blake who mostly praise us just said it's baffling that he got another contract.

Terry Wallace and Martin Blake who mostly praise us just said it's baffling that he got another contract.
I'll add to that Bedders. Sometimes the praise we get is over the top too.
Did you really believe we should have been $1.35 favourites? We were terrible but just as against the Bombers, we aren't really that good a team, against the Cats the other night, we aren't really that bad a team.

We just have to cop the next six months of ridicule unfortunately because that is the type of club we are & as with life, there are people out there that feel we are a big threat to their own clubs & so want to kick us while they THINK we are down but rest assured we are a club that can quickly sort their s**t out.

I am still gobsmacked that a team that has made finals for the last 19 of 22 years is being questioned in this manner after being applauded for making finals just prior to Friday's game.

Doesn't matter , they know their footy. Time that people face facts that some careers come to an end.
Of course careers come to an end. That happens every season. Paul Kelly & Tony Lockett as good as they were as individual players would not sneeze at what we have (under) achieved since they retired.
Sorry Bedders.
I don't get the bagging we are getting. Win lose or draw we were always goping to have to sort bthe list out as we do every season & I am most annoyed if our own supporters have forgotten that we have (under) achieved these last few years while having the rug pulled from under us with the sudden removal of CoLA & the trade ban added as a bonus.
I haven't forgotten that s**t Mike Thatfatprick dished out to us forcing us to bring in less rated players for two years while our rivals were allowed to bring in Dangerfield, Frawley, etc, etc, etc.
We had to deal with rules on the run & made 2 GFs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016 we were the top side and lost to 7th spot, half the players under performed and went missing and the coach didnt do anything but keep trying the same old.

Papley kicking into the man on the mark late summed up the day

buddy didnt fire a shot, Tippett played like he couldnt give a s**t

JPK, Grundy and Mitchell carried us

Always nice to see a player go from critical to "lets piss him off we lost a game and he didn't dominate"...

:rolleyes:

Mcveigh can still kick, im happy to see him stick around as long as they chuck him in the NEAFL if needed

That was terrible...nearly as bad as his selfish call to play in the GF last year! Had a good year but should've pulled the pin at the end of the season. It's sad seeing people play out their careers in the 2's and that'll be what happens!

What about the right foot attempted banana from right in front and hit the post when we needed a goal

shithouse

but at least he took the shot that Cunningham was too scared to take, he must sleep with the lights on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back