The Magpies 'Mandala Effect'

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester City
This thread is dedicated to moments in the life of a Collingwood supporter where in the time of supporting they've had a "Mandala Effect" type moment.

To describe for those (who i assume could very well be a large parcentage) ive copied and pasted the term of exactly what the "Mandala Effect" is.

"So, what is the Mandela Effect? Hold on to your hats. Essentially, this is a theory (A THEORY - DON'T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY OR IT'LL RUIN YOUR LIFE) that explains how a massive amount of people remember something happening that didn't actually happen. The explanation of this theory is that in one universe something happens which then sends the world into another universe, a parallel universe if you will. In that parallel universe, some people remember details from the previous universe so vividly, but they have no evidence proving their memories true." (Link: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/examples-mandela-effect-that-will-ruin-your-life)

To continue on, upon the news of hearing Hawthorn sacking their CEO i made the call to a few mates that we too should also sack our CEO, Gary Pert. To their hysterical surprise it turns out he was sacked months ago, to my surprise i didnt believe them so i genuinely googled it.

Call me crazy, call me stupid, I'll cop it on the chin. Im curious if any one of you have had a Collingwood related moment like that of anything else like that ranging from sports to any other events that have happened in our lives.

(Please go easy on me)

I'm pretty sure Harmsey hit the ball back in from under the second row of seats in the '79 Gf too.
But that never happened either;)
Seriously how do you lose a GF because the boundary umpire can't keep up? God hates us.

I'm pretty sure Harmsey hit the ball back in from under the second row of seats in the '79 Gf too.
He had to pay the entrance fee again just to bring the ball back from the car park just before hoodie street

No, it was further away from that. I was having a smoke outside, when he just appeared and punched the ball.. I had to give him my ticket to get back into the ground !!! That's how i remember it;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Phil Carman in the second semi final of 1977, given Michael Tuck a little back slap congratulating him on his play.

Apparantly it didn't happen.

:eek:

Jeremy Howe taking the mark of the year in 2017 :)

Apparantly it didn't happen......

Errrr wait a minute.......

"Many people think the Queen song 'We Are the Champions' ends with the phrase, "We are the champions..... of the world." However, it may shock you to know that there is no 'of the world' at the end."

Has that not blown anyones mind? Surely someone's got something like this haha

Jeremy Howe taking the mark of the year in 2017 :)
VigilantLegalHind.gif

Last edited:
"Many people think the Queen song 'We Are the Champions' ends with the phrase, "We are the champions..... of the world." However, it may shock you to know that there is no 'of the world' at the end."

The most famous one is "play it again Sam" everyone thinks Humphrey Bogart says that in Casablanca but what he actually says is: "You played it for her you can play it for me".

I and just about every other Collingwood supporter remember Anthony Rocca kicking a goal in the 2002 GF but evidently that didn't happen.
Wasn't alive when it (apparently) happened but I hear Wayne Harmes was out of bounds punt rd station deep when ball was knocked forward that eventuated in a goal.

I'm sure we went Back to Back in 2010-2012 and Varcoe kicked the opening goal in the black and white like Goldsack did in the GF replay of 2010. Surely others saw us going back to back. Right? Right?! Please tell me we went back to back.

I am currently living in a world where Lever is playing on and beating CHF/FF and intercepting like AA Ben Reid and kicking bullets down his teams throats, superior player to both Buddy and Lynch...and worth 2 x first rounders!

If I didn't read about it on here I would never of known that he is the Wayne Carey of defence. Talk about the mandela effect, must be smoking some good s**t.

I'm going to have to listen now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back