Competitions Supercoach Magpies 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

an update on Pies SC for 2023.

At this stage I've heard from about 22 supercoaches keen to play. There are still a lot from last year I haven't heard from, but here is my plan.

We will structure up with 3 different leagues/comps:

Pies Division 1
Pies Division 2
Pies Group

Divisions 1 and 2 will be the "competitive" leagues for players who have played before, tracking against other clubs etc. My hope is each of these leagues will have 18 teams, match ups starting round 4 so everyone plays each other once and secondary ranking determined by total points instead of percentage.

The Group is an open comp for anyone to join at any time. Not totally sure how it works (i think this is the first year they've existed) but basically anyone can join at any time, i believe there are up to 10 head 2 head matches. The intent of this group is that anyone who frequents this board can join and the less experienced or newer players can join and see what's happening with some of the higher ranked teams. Hopefully this in combination with some friendly discussion will help drive some improvement. The group code is 638159 if you'd like to join (note this is separate from leagues, if you are getting an error message make sure you are trying to join a "group", not a "league")

Obviously, with only 22 players so far signed up we are going to struggle to fill our two leagues currently. Because we obviously want division 1 to be as competitive as possible (see Carlton winning last year) I've so far only invited players ranked in the top 7000 last year into the comp, to allow some room for players who may be highly ranked but i haven't heard from. I'll send some DMs to known previous contributors, but if you have any regular collaborators/touch points on the board who you know are SC regulars or stalwarts tell them to get in touch ASAP!

I'm hoping to have allocations to leagues 1 and 2 finalised and sent out Wednesday night, so we all have the time on thursday to finalise teams and actually have the codes in. Any issues/concerns with this timeline let me know and we'll work something out (i am inclined to be more facilitating to those who have got in early so you may find yourself higher ranked).

That's all for now, thanks for your patience while I sort out some admin and try to get my head around how this will run for the year.

Good luck with SC and Go Pies!

Hi 'What is a Cakewalk'

Final Position last season was 11959. 2021 was 6524. 2020 was 6198.
Team name Emblebury's Empire.

My son is happy to participate
Treloarscoresmoore 2022 rank - 41,515

His mate's team is Garageman 2022 rank - 64,708

Hi all, everyone that has volunteered to play should now have been assigned a league code, if not let me know. We are still a few short in div 2, so if anyone is keen to have a go let me know asap, otherwise we will have to fill it with some of the self declared SC "expert" teams (Jon Ralph 🤢, Robbo 🤮🤮)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back